Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

FloFootball subscription
Bookmark and Share
Swemster Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: William & Mary
FloFootball subscription
Mods delete if not allowed but just wondering if anyone else got a sneaky renewal charge from Flofootball.com.... Seems ludicrous to pay $150 for a subscription to cover games we don't know for sure will end up happening. Might try to call and ask to be refunded.
(This post was last modified: 09-01-2020 03:34 PM by Swemster.)
09-01-2020 03:25 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

mrjoolius Offline
Hall of Famer

RE: FloFootball subscription
(09-01-2020 03:25 PM)Swemster Wrote:  Mods delete if not allowed but just wondering if anyone else got a sneaky renewal charge from Flofootball.com.... Seems ludicrous to pay charge $150 for a subscription to cover games we don't know for sure will end up happening. Might try to call and ask to be refunded.
It's a tough call to pay up for a full slate of basketball and football. I would run, not walk, away from Flo until more certain sporting times. My feelings about Flosports haven't been a secret. I hope it goes away.
09-01-2020 03:36 PM
soccerguy315 Offline
1st String

they will absolutely auto-renew your subscription if you don't cancel.

have been using the service on a month to month basis for something else I follow. Sometimes they hide the month to month option to try to sell you the whole year.
09-01-2020 04:31 PM
billymac Offline
Heisman

Yeah, the month to month usage worked out to be less than a subscription, for what I wanted and it had the added benefit of it ending when you stopped paying.
09-01-2020 06:13 PM
Advertisement

HyperDuke Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: JMU
(09-01-2020 04:31 PM)soccerguy315 Wrote:  they will absolutely auto-renew your subscription if you don't cancel.

have been using the service on a month to month basis for something else I follow. Sometimes they hide the month to month option to try to sell you the whole year.

My extremely nosy side desperately wants to know what you’re following on FLO!
09-01-2020 06:51 PM
soccerguy315 Offline
1st String

(09-01-2020 06:51 PM)HyperDuke Wrote:  
(09-01-2020 04:31 PM)soccerguy315 Wrote:  they will absolutely auto-renew your subscription if you don't cancel.

Well not this year, but pre-pandemic, lol

... I think you are a music person right? DCI 03-thumbsup
09-01-2020 07:09 PM
HyperDuke Offline
Hall of Famer

(09-01-2020 07:09 PM)soccerguy315 Wrote:  

... I think you are a music person right? DCI 03-thumbsup

Oh ok, word. I’m one of like 10 people on earth that likes getting the CAA stuff for free since I’m already subscribed for DCI/BOA/WGI. But even I recognize our “deal” is a failing by the commissioner. Even if it’s great for me personally.
09-02-2020 05:41 AM
Advertisement

Tribal Offline

(09-02-2020 05:41 AM)HyperDuke Wrote:  
(09-01-2020 07:09 PM)soccerguy315 Wrote:  

... I think you are a music person right? DCI

Oh ok, word. I’m one of like 10 people on earth that likes getting the CAA stuff for free since I’m already subscribed for DCI/BOA/WGI. But even I recognize our “deal” is a failing by the commissioner. Even if it’s great for me personally.
Hyper, you deserve free stuff after all you've been through. Don't apologize for that.

About Joe D'Antonio, I challenge anyone to present here 3 significant highlights since he took office over 4 years ago. And, since we have Hyper's attention, we can blame JMU's Jonathan Alger, who served as the chairman of the selection committee!

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk
09-02-2020 07:38 AM
HyperDuke Offline
Hall of Famer

Blame away!
09-02-2020 07:51 AM
mrjoolius Offline
Hall of Famer

(09-02-2020 07:38 AM)Tribal Wrote:  About Joe D'Antonio, I challenge anyone to present here 3 significant highlights since he took office over 4 years ago.
I'm out. I recognize that he has had to deal with some troubling times not entirely under his control, but not being able to think of any positive highlights off the top of my head is quite damning.
09-02-2020 07:54 AM
Advertisement

Tribal Offline

FloFootball subscription
I think moving the CAAT to DC is a good thing. Was he involved in that?

09-02-2020 07:59 AM
mrjoolius Offline
Hall of Famer

(09-02-2020 07:59 AM)Tribal Wrote:  I think moving the CAAT to DC is a good thing. Was he involved in that?

I think the idea of the tournament in DC is sound. Whether it turns out to be a good move is TBD. I'm not sure if I can put that in his win column until it actually happens.
09-02-2020 08:48 AM
Florida tribe fan Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Tribe
(09-01-2020 03:36 PM)mrjoolius Wrote:  
(09-01-2020 03:25 PM)Swemster Wrote:  Mods delete if not allowed but just wondering if anyone else got a sneaky renewal charge from Flofootball.com.... Seems ludicrous to pay charge $150 for a subscription to cover games we don't know for sure will end up happening. Might try to call and ask to be refunded.
It's a tough call to pay up for a full slate of basketball and football. I would run, not walk, away from Flo until more certain sporting times. My feelings about Flosports haven't been a secret. I hope it goes away.

Patriot League moving in another direction. Being higher profile, CAA was able to get FloSports?

https://www.uticaod.com/sports/20200916/...-with-espn
09-17-2020 06:57 AM
WMInTheBurg Offline
All American

(09-17-2020 06:57 AM)Florida tribe fan Wrote:  
(09-01-2020 03:36 PM)mrjoolius Wrote:  

Patriot League moving in another direction. Being higher profile, CAA was able to get FloSports?

https://www.uticaod.com/sports/20200916/...-with-espn

Most likely, the FloSports deal is better financially for the CAA, but the exposure and ease of use certainly makes it a legitimate argument. ESPN is known for lowballing conferences who want the exposure. Their deal with the MAC in 2015 was notable for having no public disclosure of how much the schools were receiving. Estimates had it around $800-900k per school, and critics weren't sure that would cover the cost of upgrading technology to meet ESPN standards and/or the cost of broadcasting the additional events necessary to meet the ESPN contractual requirements for non-football content.

Personally, I'd still rather be partnered with ESPN, or at least some kind of television broadcast sports network, but IIRC the FloSports deal was sold as more of an attempt to get a good contract with a rising company (debatable) than it was a deal to make sports accessible to the fan base.
09-17-2020 08:12 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.