Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using CSNbbs mobile app

08-27-2020 05:10 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

RuckleSt Offline
All American

I Root For: UC
RE: David DeJulius
(08-27-2020 05:10 PM)Bearcatdh58 Wrote:  Looks like DeJulius is our point guard as he got his wavier. Good news for BB.?

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using CSNbbs mobile app

BOOM!!! A lot of good Bearcat news this week, hell yeah!

08-27-2020 06:17 PM
Bear Catlett Offline
Hall of Famer

Gotta have a PG.

If only we'd had one during the Danny Fortson years.

08-27-2020 08:20 PM
RealDeal Offline
Heisman

(08-27-2020 08:20 PM)Bear Catlett Wrote:  Gotta have a PG.

Our 2nd weekend NCAA teams track directly with our good PGs. NVE, Legree was a solid distributor, Satterfield and Logan on the same team, Cash. I think basketball has changed a bit to where all your perimeter players need to be able to attack and create off the dribble. Teams are more likely to put the ball in the hands of their most dangerous players vs running everything through the PG but Dejulius is definitely an integral part of that strategy. Especially with an old school guard like Keith who's not a dribbler.

08-28-2020 06:28 AM
OKIcat Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Cincinnati
More great news for Bearcat fans this week with DD gaining immediately eligibility as the final (and critical) addition to this promising team.

Now we can return to worrying about whether there will be a basketball season. While I'm hopeful, I'm not convinced we'll even see football from start to finish.

08-28-2020 07:15 AM
nachoman91 Offline
All American

I Root For: UC Bearcats
(08-28-2020 06:28 AM)RealDeal Wrote:  
(08-27-2020 08:20 PM)Bear Catlett Wrote:  Gotta have a PG.

Our 2nd weekend NCAA teams track directly with our good PGs. NVE, Legree was a solid distributor, Satterfield and Logan on the same team, Cash. I think basketball has changed a bit to where all your perimeter players need to be able to attack and create off the dribble. Teams are more likely to put the ball in the hands of their most dangerous players vs running everything through the PG but Dejulius is definitely an integral part of that strategy. Especially with an old school guard like Keith who's not a dribbler.

What are you saying....Charles Williams and Michael Horton weren't good PG's??? That's blasphemous! 03-lmfao

08-28-2020 08:54 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

UCbball21 Offline
All American

Huge news, still no respect in the pre-season polls but now that DeJulius has his waiver this team could be very good. We will probably have the best frontcourt we've had in a long time despite the loss of Tre Scott, at least on the offensive end. Perimeter shooting is still a bit of concern but we definitely have some options there prime to step up. If KW steps up and becomes dominant player which he certainly has the ability to we could definitely make a run in March.

08-28-2020 09:03 AM
RuckleSt Offline
All American

(08-28-2020 09:03 AM)UCbball21 Wrote:  Huge news, still no respect in the pre-season polls but now that DeJulius has his waiver this team could be very good. We will probably have the best frontcourt we've had in a long time despite the loss of Tre Scott, at least on the offensive end. Perimeter shooting is still a bit of concern but we definitely have some options there prime to step up. If KW steps up and becomes dominant player which he certainly has the ability to we could definitely make a run in March.

I'm hoping MAW and Harvey step up in this area.

08-28-2020 09:16 AM
levydl Offline
All American

I Root For:
Awesome news!

So will MAW become the backup PG or will he start at the 2? He was solid last year. Played within himself and hit some big shots. Not sure he's a starting 2 guard tho? Will be interesting to see how the minutes shake out with MAW, Harvey, and Williams in the 2 and 3 spots.

08-28-2020 09:35 AM
robertfoshizzle Offline
Heisman

(08-28-2020 09:16 AM)RuckleSt Wrote:  
(08-28-2020 09:03 AM)UCbball21 Wrote:  Huge news, still no respect in the pre-season polls but now that DeJulius has his waiver this team could be very good. We will probably have the best frontcourt we've had in a long time despite the loss of Tre Scott, at least on the offensive end. Perimeter shooting is still a bit of concern but we definitely have some options there prime to step up. If KW steps up and becomes dominant player which he certainly has the ability to we could definitely make a run in March.

The Madsens can both really shoot it. Their playing time will depend on their ability to defend.

08-28-2020 09:40 AM
Banter Offline
1st String

I Root For: UC Bearcats

To be honest I don't expect a lot of respect in the polls until CJB can get some stability. On paper we added a lot of talent, but it will take time for them to learn to play together. We saw some of those issues last year as well. We have had an unprecedented amount of turnover the past two seasons, and while I think we have the potential to be a good team... I would not rank them in the pre-season either.

08-28-2020 09:44 AM
Advertisement

natibeast21 Offline
Banned

I Root For: UC, Ohio State
(08-28-2020 09:40 AM)robertfoshizzle Wrote:  

The Madsens can both really shoot it. Their playing time will depend on their ability to defend.

MAW showed not only promise, but legitimate results last year. He will be on the floor plenty. No doubt in my mind. He is a good defender as well. I haven't checked his stats but I thought he was a good 3 point shooter last year. Maybe he just hit some big ones?

(This post was last modified: 08-28-2020 11:00 AM by natibeast21.)
08-28-2020 10:58 AM
robertfoshizzle Offline
Heisman

(08-28-2020 10:58 AM)natibeast21 Wrote:  

MAW showed not only promise, but legitimate results last year. He will be on the floor plenty. No doubt in my mind. He is a good defender as well. I haven't checked his stats but I thought he was a good 3 point shooter last year. Maybe he just hit some big ones?

I'm not advocating for either Madsen to play over MAW. Just adding that the Madsens should be able to provide some good 3-point shooting if they can crack the rotation. I was more replying to UCBball21's post about perimeter shooting being a concern.

(This post was last modified: 08-28-2020 11:14 AM by robertfoshizzle.)
08-28-2020 11:12 AM
dubcat14 Offline
1st String

(08-28-2020 09:35 AM)levydl Wrote:  Awesome news!

So will MAW become the backup PG or will he start at the 2? He was solid last year. Played within himself and hit some big shots. Not sure he's a starting 2 guard tho? Will be interesting to see how the minutes shake out with MAW, Harvey, and Williams in the 2 and 3 spots.

I think with the position-less style of basketball CJB wants to play, you can play both DeJulius and MAW at the guards and Keith at the 3 or shuffle it and put DeJulius and Keith at the guards and Harvey at 3. Or Harvey at 2 and Keith at 3. Plenty of different options and will likely come down to chemistry and flow but I think all 4 will see plenty of time in the 1-3 positions.

08-28-2020 11:24 AM
BrooklynRocket Offline
1st String

I Root For: Cardozo HS

22/59 on the year (37.3%). Only Diarra shot a better percentage but he also had 7 total attempts.

08-29-2020 09:10 AM
dsquare Offline
All American

I Root For: Cincy
(08-28-2020 11:24 AM)dubcat14 Wrote:  

I think with the position-less style of basketball CJB wants to play, you can play both DeJulius and MAW at the guards and Keith at the 3 or shuffle it and put DeJulius and Keith at the guards and Harvey at 3. Or Harvey at 2 and Keith at 3. Plenty of different options and will likely come down to chemistry and flow but I think all 4 will see plenty of time in the 1-3 positions.

Yea, i was reading a lot of UM fan comments on DeJulius from last year before they knew he was gonzo, and most were really looking forward to him playing more pg as they felt he was far more effective in that role. He plays(ed) off the ball as well which with Mister Simpson where he was getting a lot of his minutes. Most really felt that it held him back. It's nice to have the luxury of a third year guy who's faced major competition in the backcourt to work with MAW, ZH, Saunders, Madsens etc...We've got a lot of interchangeable parts in the ball handling and distribution area for a change, and that's not including Eason who handles the ball very well for a 4/3. This should be a tough team to defend. Some hschool info. on him and his game:

https://www.mlive.com/sports/2018/03/fut...juliu.html

(This post was last modified: 08-29-2020 10:39 AM by dsquare.)
08-29-2020 10:39 AM
Advertisement

namrag Offline
All American

I Root For:
I am hoping beyond hope that we are able to go to games in person.

I’m excited about this revamped roster.

08-29-2020 12:20 PM
CallMeSlim Offline
2nd String

MAW showed promise on the defensive end, but he really struggled on offense once conference play started. 98.1 ORTG with 42.8 EFG, 46.6 TS, and 20.1 TO in conference.

He's likely a very important rotation member but im not sure he's gonna be top 3 in minutes out of the guards.

08-30-2020 11:26 AM
Lush Offline
go to hell and get a job

I Root For: the user
(08-29-2020 12:20 PM)namrag Wrote:  I am hoping beyond hope that we are able to go to games in person.

I’m excited about this revamped roster.

i just hope there's a lot of games

08-31-2020 10:54 AM
coachpipe Offline
1st String

(08-29-2020 10:39 AM)dsquare Wrote:  
(08-28-2020 11:24 AM)dubcat14 Wrote:  

Yea, i was reading a lot of UM fan comments on DeJulius from last year before they knew he was gonzo, and most were really looking forward to him playing more pg as they felt he was far more effective in that role. He plays(ed) off the ball as well which with Mister Simpson where he was getting a lot of his minutes. Most really felt that it held him back. It's nice to have the luxury of a third year guy who's faced major competition in the backcourt to work with MAW, ZH, Saunders, Madsens etc...We've got a lot of interchangeable parts in the ball handling and distribution area for a change, and that's not including Eason who handles the ball very well for a 4/3. This should be a tough team to defend. Some hschool info. on him and his game:

https://www.mlive.com/sports/2018/03/fut...juliu.html

damn. Talk about a throw back name. I believe you are actually speaking about zavier(formerly with an X but he got smart and changed the spelling).

Mister Simpson played running back at colerain back in like 2002 and also went to michigan. anyone know what happened to him?

08-31-2020 12:32 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.