Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

No Fans
Bookmark and Share
doss2 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: BEARCATS
No Fans
Dear xxxxxxxx,

Thank you for supporting the University of Cincinnati football program. You are a valued season-ticket holder and your investment in our program is vital to the Bearcats’ immediate and long-term success. I am pleased to share that, in consultation with University leadership, Bearcats Athletics has developed a plan for a return of Bearcats football this fall.
As we all know, the 2020 football season will not be normal. It will require patience, close monitoring of the Coronavirus and any spread it might have within our local and extended community, an ability to be nimble and adjust as necessary and strict compliance with health and safety protocols. Be assured that Bearcats Athletics is continuously striving to fulfill these requirements, so that a fall football season can occur. Additionally, with an ongoing focus on the health and safety of our student-athletes, coaches and staff, and with a keen awareness that our path to football will be directed ultimately by this virus, we have taken the following actions:

1. We have moved our game versus Austin Peay to Saturday, September 19. We will not schedule a game before this date and will likely not schedule any other non-conference game.

2. We will start the season without fans in Nippert Stadium. We will permit fans in the stadium later in the season only if we determine it is safe and appropriate to do so. We are not holding to a timeframe on such a determination.

3. There will be no football season tickets. Season ticket holder status and ticket locations will automatically be rolled over to the 2021 season, for all season ticket holders. Season ticket holders who made adjustments to their ticket location for the 2020 season during the annual upgrade period will see those locations carry over to 2021.

4. We will be following strict health and safety protocols for our student-athletes. This will include enhanced testing, daily health and safety checks, and the creation and maintenance of a stringent gameday “bubble.”

I am proud of our department’s response to this virus. Our medical staff, led by Dr. Jon Divine, Bob Mangine and Aaron Himmler has worked tirelessly throughout the Spring and Summer to maintain health and safety for our student-athletes, coaches and staff. Continuously evaluating the most recent data and best practices from around the country, Bearcats Athletics has developed and implemented policies and procedures that allow us to take continued steps toward a fall football season. I am thankful for Coach Fickell and his coaching staff for the care and concern they have for our student-athletes. Most of all, I am proud of our football team. These young men have taken on a unique and unprecedented challenge with focus and determination. They want to play football games this fall, so they have adjusted to this new normal. Our efforts are directed toward making sure their participation is safe and that they feel supported in their pursuit of a successful season.

Be assured that we will continue to monitor the virus and its impact on our campus closely. Football will be played only if we determine it is safe to play. And again, fans will be allowed in the stands at Nippert Stadium only if we determine and trust that in doing so we can maintain the safety of our student athletes, staff, student population on campus and the fans themselves. As I write this letter today, August 24, we have not reached that point. The stadium’s location--in the middle of the campus--makes bringing fans onto the campus risky and problematic at present. We owe it to our campus community to limit that risk by playing football games without fans. We still hope the virus will subside and be even more controlled as the season progresses. If this happens, we will re-evaluate the decision to play without fans in attendance, while working within state and local guidelines.

The irony is not lost on me; that at the same time we are uncomfortable bringing our fans onto the campus, we need their financial support more than ever. Unquestionably, the financial burden on our athletics department stemming from a football season without fans will be great. In order to continue to support the student athletes and maintain success, the department needs continued monetary support. For this reason, we are asking our season-ticket holders to seriously consider donating their usual ticket and priority-seating investments back to the department. For those unable to make this commitment, we ask you to consider donating a portion of your investment. If neither of these options is feasible, please authorize the department to apply your current payment to the 2021 football season; that is, locking in your commitment to the Bearcats for next year. More detail about each of these options is set forth below in what we are calling our Bearcats Ticket Assurance Plan.

08-24-2020 08:49 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

doss2 Offline
Hall of Famer

RE: No Fans
In reality there is no season thanks to the CCP!

08-24-2020 08:51 AM
rosewater Offline
Heisman

I Root For: cincy
Best place near campus to drink and watch the game. Class, Class. My class of 1991 brain says the same place I watched the final four. Woodies

(This post was last modified: 08-24-2020 09:19 AM by rosewater.)
08-24-2020 09:18 AM
RedRocker Offline
1st String

I Root For: UC, UK's foe
Not surprising at all. Better than no season. Hopefully, we fill the additional vacant TV slots that were reserved for B1G and P12 games.

08-24-2020 10:13 AM
OKIcat Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Cincinnati
(08-24-2020 10:13 AM)RedRocker Wrote:  Not surprising at all. Better than no season. Hopefully, we fill the additional vacant TV slots that were reserved for B1G and P12 games.

Bolded, I agree. We'll now plan a game watching party for APSU--how funny does that sound? So let's hope there is a quality telecast.

08-24-2020 10:20 AM
nachoman91 Offline
All American

I Root For: UC Bearcats
I assume the Grid and all tailgating on campus will be shut down?

08-24-2020 10:52 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

AZBCAT Offline
1st String

I Root For: Bearcats
(08-24-2020 10:52 AM)nachoman91 Wrote:  I assume the Grid and all tailgating on campus will be shut down?

Correct - here is the FAQ on it all... https://gobearcats.com/sports/2020/8/24/...-2020.aspx

08-24-2020 12:45 PM
bearcat29 Offline

I Root For: UC Bearcats
(08-24-2020 12:45 PM)AZBCAT Wrote:  
(08-24-2020 10:52 AM)nachoman91 Wrote:  I assume the Grid and all tailgating on campus will be shut down?

Correct - here is the FAQ on it all... https://gobearcats.com/sports/2020/8/24/...-2020.aspx
I always thought the 25% attendance thing was a pie in the sky idea. I will be happy if they can play a full season of football and keep the student athletes healthy.

08-24-2020 04:20 PM
Bear Catlett Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UC
Oh well... Back to the Dave Curry years.

08-24-2020 06:57 PM
dsquare Offline
All American

I Root For: Cincy
Has anyone heard any info. on whether there's a chance the opener will be televised? I see on the schedule it's all tbd, but i thought maybe something had leaked out. Not sure what that week looks like in terms of other games, but maybe one of the espn's grabs it for content.

08-25-2020 11:50 AM
Cataclysmo Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Cincinnat
(08-25-2020 11:50 AM)dsquare Wrote:  Has anyone heard any info. on whether there's a chance the opener will be televised? I see on the schedule it's all tbd, but i thought maybe something had leaked out. Not sure what that week looks like in terms of other games, but maybe one of the espn's grabs it for content.

I'd have to think they'd provide SOMETHING if no fans are allowed.

Also, FWIW I've heard before that they're still trying for fans later in the season. They just don't believe it's possible to come up with a good reasonable plan for Week 1.

08-25-2020 12:00 PM
Advertisement

dubcat14 Offline
1st String

(08-25-2020 12:00 PM)Cataclysmo Wrote:  
(08-25-2020 11:50 AM)dsquare Wrote:  Has anyone heard any info. on whether there's a chance the opener will be televised? I see on the schedule it's all tbd, but i thought maybe something had leaked out. Not sure what that week looks like in terms of other games, but maybe one of the espn's grabs it for content.

Also, FWIW I've heard before that they're still trying for fans later in the season. They just don't believe it's possible to come up with a good reasonable plan for Week 1.

Nothing wrong with seeing how Louisville does with their 18k cap and going from there. The governor still has his 1.5k cap for UC/Bengals/Browns so it's not like UC could do much right now even if they wanted to.

08-25-2020 12:09 PM
doss2 Offline
Hall of Famer

(08-25-2020 12:09 PM)dubcat14 Wrote:  
(08-25-2020 12:00 PM)Cataclysmo Wrote:  

Nothing wrong with seeing how Louisville does with their 18k cap and going from there. The governor still has his 1.5k cap for UC/Bengals/Browns so it's not like UC could do much right now even if they wanted to.

Surprising about UL. We were going to The Oaks and The Derby with attendance limited to 23K and now it is no attendance.

08-25-2020 01:37 PM
Bearcatdh58 Offline
Special Teams

Are students, UC band and cheerleaders to attend home games?

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using CSNbbs mobile app

08-25-2020 02:33 PM
dubcat14 Offline
1st String

(08-25-2020 02:33 PM)Bearcatdh58 Wrote:  Are students, UC band and cheerleaders to attend home games?

Not from what I've read. Someone correct me if I'm wrong but I've heard currently not even family/friends of the program or media are allowed

08-25-2020 02:58 PM
skylinecat Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Bearcats
(08-25-2020 02:58 PM)dubcat14 Wrote:  
(08-25-2020 02:33 PM)Bearcatdh58 Wrote:  Are students, UC band and cheerleaders to attend home games?

Not from what I've read. Someone correct me if I'm wrong but I've heard currently not even family/friends of the program or media are allowed

I'd imagine it would cost more to open up for fans and be limited to 1500 than to not have fans at all. Hopefully DeWine is able to open some restrictions.

08-25-2020 05:45 PM
Advertisement

JPBearcat3 Offline
we'll do the rest, boys

I Root For: #BearcatNation
Given how open Nippert stadium already is, will they be actively removing folks who just happen to be walking in circles right outside of the lower TUC entrance? Asking for a friend...

08-26-2020 06:24 AM
cmhcat Offline
Special Teams

Time to raise the restrictions some? Hospitalizations trending ever lower.

09-09-2020 09:53 AM
doss2 Offline
Hall of Famer

(08-26-2020 06:24 AM)JPBearcat3 Wrote:  Given how open Nippert stadium already is, will they be actively removing folks who just happen to be walking in circles right outside of the lower TUC entrance? Asking for a friend...

Sort of do a Wrigley Field approach.

09-09-2020 10:30 AM
franzeal Offline
1st String

I Root For: UC
(09-09-2020 09:53 AM)cmhcat Wrote:  Time to raise the restrictions some? Hospitalizations trending ever lower.

You're a fan of prevent defense I take it?

09-12-2020 12:37 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.