Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

ACC open OOC dates
orangefan Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Syracuse
ACC open OOC dates
BC, Pittsburgh, Clemson, ND and Wake all still looking for opponents. Let's get this done.

9/12 Army at BC. Army's schedule is in a world of hurt with the MAC and others cancelling. Here's a game that's only a 3 1/2 bus drive away. It's also an old rivalry from the Eastern Independent days.
9/12 Temple at Pitt. Temple has lost all of its OOC opponents and is an in-state opponent for Pitt. Marshall is also a possibility here.
9/19 BYU at ND. BYU's schedule is also in a world of hurt with the MWC and others cancelling. BYU's got the cash for a flight to South Bend. Cincinnati and Marshall are also possibilities here.
9/26 The Citadel at Clemson. Originally scheduled for 11/14. The ACC circled 9/19 for Clemson's OOC game, but The Citadel is scheduled to play Charleston Southern on that date. Both Clemson and The Citadel have 9/26 open.
10/3 Wofford at Wake. The ACC circled 10/10 for Wake's OOC game, but Wake has 10/3 as a bye week. Wofford has lost all but one OOC opponent this year, has 10/3 open and is a convenient 2 1/2 hour bus ride from Winston-Salem. Western Carolina is also a possibility on 10/10.
(This post was last modified: 08-13-2020 09:33 AM by orangefan.)
08-13-2020 08:31 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Hokie Mark Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: VT, ACC teams
RE: ACC open OOC dates
(08-13-2020 08:31 AM)orangefan Wrote:  BC, Pittsburgh, Clemson, ND and Wake all still looking for opponents. Let's get this done.

9/12 Army at BC. Army's schedule is in a world of hurt with the MAC and others cancelling. Here's a game that's only a 3 1/2 bus drive away. It's also an old rivalry from the Eastern Independent days.
9/12 Temple at Pitt. Temple has lost all of its OOC opponents and is an in-state opponent for Pitt. Marshall is also a possibility here.
9/19 BYU at ND. BYU's schedule is also in a world of hurt with the MWC and others cancelling. BYU's got the cash for a flight to South Bend. Cincinnati and Marshall are also possibilities here.
9/26 The Citadel at Clemson. Originally scheduled for 11/14. The ACC circled 9/19 for Clemson's OOC game, but The Citadel is scheduled to play Charleston Southern on that date. Both Clemson and The Citadel have 9/26 open.
10/3 Wofford at Wake. The ACC circled 10/10 for Wake's OOC game, but Wake has 10/3 as a bye week. Wofford has lost all but one OOC opponent this year, has 10/3 open and is a convenient 2 1/2 hour bus ride from Winston-Salem. Western Carolina is also a possibility on 10/10.

I really like Army at BC and Temple at Pitt.

I don't think BYU will come to South Bend with the Irish still owing them a return trip to Provost. That said, I like Cincinnati at Notre Dame.

I like The Citadel at Clemson on any date, and Wofford at Wake makes sense too.

GOOD JOB, OrangeFan!
08-13-2020 10:56 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
orangefan Offline
Heisman

This would make sense if you consider all of the currently scheduled OOC games, aside from Charlotte at UNC, were previously scheduled. Playing an already scheduled game may have no incremental cost - if you cancel you have to pay any guaranty anyway and I count 6 of the remaining scheduled games as buy games. Syracuse has already played at Liberty. If SU cancels, it may not be entitled to a make good home game in the future. Bringing in an unscheduled opponent means paying a guaranty or giving up a future home game, taking on a liability that you don't currently have. The downside is that ESPN may ask for a rights fee reduction, which the conference could reasonably adjust your payout to cover.
(This post was last modified: 08-13-2020 03:12 PM by orangefan.)
08-13-2020 01:57 PM
Kaplony Offline
Palmetto State Deplorable

I Root For: Newberry

The SoCon will allow member institutions to play OOC games at the school's discretion, but I don't know how feasible that would be.
08-13-2020 04:15 PM
orangefan Offline
Heisman

No word on whether Samford will cancel its OOC games or play them, as permitted by the SoCon decision.
(This post was last modified: 08-13-2020 04:49 PM by orangefan.)
08-13-2020 04:44 PM
Hokie Mark Offline
Hall of Famer

Exclamation RE: ACC open OOC dates
I'm reading that lots of FCS teams will play a one-game season -- their "body bag" game only. So The Citadel at Clemson may be more likely than ever...
08-13-2020 05:07 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Kaplony Offline

(08-13-2020 05:07 PM)Hokie Mark Wrote:  I'm reading that lots of FCS teams will play a one-game season -- their "body bag" game only. So The Citadel at Clemson may be more likely than ever...

I highly doubt it. They have 34 players sitting out.

https://www.againstallenemies.com/2020/8...camp-socon
08-13-2020 08:32 PM
TexanMark Offline
Legend

All these games should be easy games. The ACC standings will look like the old Black n Blue Division. Teams will need wins for bowl eligibility.
08-14-2020 08:25 AM
Hokie Mark Offline
Hall of Famer

(08-14-2020 08:25 AM)TexanMark Wrote:  All these games should be easy games. The ACC standings will look like the old Black n Blue Division. Teams will need wins for bowl eligibility.

Agreed. My first thought was for every ACC team to sign up an AAC team (Temple at BC, Cincinnati at Pitt, etc.), but then I figured this season is FAR more difficult than usual, so maybe not...
08-14-2020 09:20 AM
CliftonAve Online
Heisman

I Root For: Jimmy Nippert
(08-14-2020 09:20 AM)Hokie Mark Wrote:  
(08-14-2020 08:25 AM)TexanMark Wrote:  All these games should be easy games. The ACC standings will look like the old Black n Blue Division. Teams will need wins for bowl eligibility.

Agreed. My first thought was for every ACC team to sign up an AAC team (Temple at BC, Cincinnati at Pitt, etc.), but then I figured this season is FAR more difficult than usual, so maybe not...

Cincinnati likely has no OOC games right now (Nebraska and two MAC schools out, FCS Austin Peay’s conference said no conference games but still investigating whether to play OOC games for a payday.

Since we are not power 5 we should be an easy chore for any team in the ACC. 03-troll05-stirthepot
08-14-2020 11:00 AM
Schema Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Clemson
Word is The Citadel is attempting to play four OoC games this season, with one of them being at Clemson.
08-14-2020 11:37 AM
Advertisement

Hokie Mark Offline
Hall of Famer

Exclamation RE: ACC open OOC dates
(08-14-2020 11:00 AM)CliftonAve Wrote:  

Cincinnati likely has no OOC games right now (Nebraska and two MAC schools out, FCS Austin Peay’s conference said no conference games but still investigating whether to play OOC games for a payday.

Since we are not power 5 we should be an easy chore for any team in the ACC. 03-troll05-stirthepot

Beware those sneaky little bearcats!
08-14-2020 03:54 PM
Garrettabc Online
All American

I Root For: Florida State
(08-13-2020 04:44 PM)orangefan Wrote:  

No word on whether Samford will cancel its OOC games or play them, as permitted by the SoCon decision.

Samford is FSU's lone OOC game, if we lose them then maybe call up Willie Taggart and see if he would like to bring FAU up.
08-14-2020 04:20 PM
orangefan Offline
Heisman

(08-14-2020 03:54 PM)Hokie Mark Wrote:  

Austin Peay-Cincy moved to 9/19, ruling out potential game at ND. Marshall-ECU moved to 9/12, ruling out Marshall playing at Pitt. Marshall at ND still a possibility for 9/19.
08-14-2020 05:04 PM
TerryD Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Notre Dame
(08-14-2020 05:04 PM)orangefan Wrote:  
(08-14-2020 03:54 PM)Hokie Mark Wrote:  
(08-14-2020 09:20 AM)Hokie Mark Wrote:  [quote='TexanMark' pid='16946449' dateline='1597411518']
All these games should be easy games. The ACC standings will look like the old Black n Blue Division. Teams will need wins for bowl eligibility.

Austin Peay-Cincy moved to 9/19, ruling out potential game at ND. Marshall-ECU moved to 9/12, ruling out Marshall playing at Pitt. Marshall at ND still a possibility for 9/19.
[
/quote]

ND has no answer yet as to whether it will schedule an OOC opponent, and who, or just shitcan the OOC game.

https://247sports.com/college/notre-dame...150290507/
08-14-2020 05:07 PM
dbacard Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Louisville
Louisville plays Western KY who is in CUSA, I dont know if CUSA announced their intention to play yet. So we could have an open date.
08-14-2020 06:03 PM
Advertisement

orangefan Offline
Heisman

(08-14-2020 06:03 PM)dbacard Wrote:  Louisville plays Western KY who is in CUSA, I dont know if CUSA announced their intention to play yet. So we could have an open date.

CUSA is moving forward to play
08-14-2020 06:13 PM
UCGrad1992 Offline
Legend

I Root For: Bearcats U
Our OOC schedule is frustrating to say the least...

9/3 Austin Peay [moved]
9/12 Open
9/19 Austin Peay
9/26 Open

The only date we have left is on 9/26.
08-14-2020 06:59 PM
orangefan Offline
Heisman

Samford cancels fall games. FSU now has an open date.

https://fbschedules.com/two-acc-southern...-canceled/

Charleston Southern has also cancelled fall games, but The Citadel is still planning to play. This opens The Citadel's schedule on 9/19 to play Clemson.

https://www.postandcourier.com/sports/cl...38331.html
(This post was last modified: 08-15-2020 11:41 AM by orangefan.)
08-15-2020 11:36 AM
Kaplony Offline

https://www.tigernet.com/update/The-Cita...s-on-36022

Quote:The Citadel wants Clemson, or at least they'd like to play the previously-scheduled game still.

Quote:The sides had agreed to a $450,000 payout to the FCS team in a contract. The Citadel's president, Gen. Glenn Walters, said the game was on in a live stream Thursday.

“I’ve committed to all our athletes that they will have competition in the fall when we can safely do it,” Walters said on a Facebook live session for parents. "...(testing) will be a key component in being able to do that successfully in a safe manner...

“...If one of our athletes doesn’t want to play, it’s not going to change any of their status and they're not going to have to play. But right now, it appears they all want to compete. What we are going to do with regards to football, we know we have one game that’s still on the schedule, and that’s Clemson ... We’re going to have athletics and competition, and we’ll balance that with whatever the conference comes up with for next year.”
08-15-2020 12:13 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.