Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

ACC releases schedule with OOC games
quo vadis Offline
Legend

I Root For: USF/Georgetown
ACC releases schedule with OOC games
(This post was last modified: 08-06-2020 09:49 AM by quo vadis.)
08-06-2020 09:48 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

orangefan Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Syracuse
RE: ACC releases schedule with OOC games
[Image: 20_21_FBL_UpdatedSchedule_DATES_FINAL_8_6.png]
08-06-2020 10:00 AM
GoldenWarrior11 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Marquette, BE
Disappointing and shocking ND/Navy isn't happening.
08-06-2020 10:23 AM
Hokie Mark Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: VT, ACC teams
Exclamation RE: ACC releases schedule with OOC games
OOC match-ups by ACC Team:
Boston College Ohio
Clemson TBD
Duke Charlotte
Florida State Samford
Georgia Tech UCF
Louisville Western Kentucky
Miami UAB
Notre Dame Western Michigan
N Carolina TBD
NC State Liberty
Pitt Miami (Ohio)
Syracuse Liberty
Virginia VMI
Virginia Tech Liberty
Wake Forest Old Dominion

https://accfootballrx.blogspot.com/2020/...-2020.html
(This post was last modified: 08-06-2020 10:50 AM by Hokie Mark.)
08-06-2020 10:49 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
BatonRougeEscapee Offline
1st String

I Root For: GEAUX TIGERS &
Not shocked nor disappointed that ND v Navy isn't happening. Welcome to the shitshow prima donnas
08-06-2020 10:51 AM
Advertisement

quo vadis Offline
Legend

(08-06-2020 10:51 AM)BatonRougeEscapee Wrote:  Not shocked nor disappointed that ND v Navy isn't happening. Welcome to the shitshow prima donnas

Sad thing is, it was totally avoidable. The ACC was just very selfish with its rules, IMO.

So a lucky MAC school, Western Michigan, keeps its payday with the Irish.
(This post was last modified: 08-06-2020 11:29 AM by quo vadis.)
08-06-2020 11:28 AM
Statefan Offline
Banned

I Root For: .
(08-06-2020 11:28 AM)quo vadis Wrote:  
(08-06-2020 10:51 AM)BatonRougeEscapee Wrote:  Not shocked nor disappointed that ND v Navy isn't happening. Welcome to the shitshow prima donnas

Sad thing is, it was totally avoidable. The ACC was just very selfish with its rules, IMO.

More selfish than the SEC or B10? How
08-06-2020 12:03 PM
quo vadis Offline
Legend

(08-06-2020 12:03 PM)Statefan Wrote:  

I was going to respond with "why ask that, when I've never said the ACC is being more selfish than the B1G or SEC", in fact in other threads I've said they haven't been.

But then you got me thinking ... Yeah, the ACC is more selfish. It is IMO more selfish to offer others something (an OOC game) on terms that are skewed towards yourself (as the ACC has done) than to not offer it at all (as the SEC and B1G have done).

It's kind of like moral maxims in other aspects of life, e.g. "if you can't say something nice don't say anything at all", "if you can't bring enough for everyone, don't bring anything for anyone", etc.
(This post was last modified: 08-06-2020 01:47 PM by quo vadis.)
08-06-2020 01:45 PM
Statefan Offline
Banned

(08-06-2020 01:45 PM)quo vadis Wrote:  
(08-06-2020 12:03 PM)Statefan Wrote:  

I was going to respond with "why ask that, when I've never said the ACC is being more selfish than the B1G or SEC", in fact in other threads I've said they haven't been.

But then you got me thinking ... Yeah, the ACC is more selfish. It is IMO more selfish to offer others something (an OOC game) on terms that are skewed towards yourself (as the ACC has done) than to not offer it at all (as the SEC and B1G have done).

It's kind of like moral maxims in other aspects of life, e.g. "if you can't say something nice don't say anything at all", "if you can't bring enough for everyone, don't bring anything for anyone", etc.

03-lmfao03-lmfao03-lmfao03-lmfao03-lmfao
(This post was last modified: 08-06-2020 01:48 PM by Statefan.)
08-06-2020 01:48 PM
Advertisement

CardinalJim Offline
Welcome to The New Age

I Root For: Louisville
I'm extremely happy Louisville got to honor its contract with Western. The 600K from the UofL game will help sustain WKU athletics.
(This post was last modified: 08-06-2020 02:09 PM by CardinalJim.)
08-06-2020 01:55 PM
orangefan Offline
Heisman

Clemson and UNC had scheduled games with Akron and James Madison for 9/19, a date now set aside for Clemson and UNC to play OOC opponents. These may still be on the table contingent on those opponents being able to meet ACC protocols, or Clemson and UNC may be trying to negotiate some detail about the games.

Looking at alternatives, if those games are cancelled, I find that Furman, Charlotte, App.St. and ECU are all available on that date. In addition, the Citadel, which Clemson was scheduled to play later in the season, would work if the Citadel can move its game with Charleston Southern to the following week, which they both have open. Such a move would also make Charleston Southern available for a potential game at UNC.
(This post was last modified: 08-06-2020 02:02 PM by orangefan.)
08-06-2020 01:58 PM
Gamecock Offline
All American

I Root For: South Carolina
(08-06-2020 01:58 PM)orangefan Wrote:  Clemson and UNC had scheduled games with Akron and James Madison for 9/19, a date now set aside for Clemson and UNC to play OOC opponents. These may still be on the table contingent on those opponents being able to meet ACC protocols, or Clemson and UNC may be trying to negotiate some detail about the games.

Looking at alternatives, if those games are cancelled, I find that Furman, Charlotte, App.St. and ECU are all available on that date. In addition, the Citadel, which Clemson was scheduled to play later in the season, would work if the Citadel can move its game with Charleston Southern to the following week, which they both have open. Such a move would also make Charleston Southern available for a potential game at UNC.

I have heard Clemson is trying to work it out with The Citadel.
08-06-2020 02:07 PM
orangefan Offline
Heisman

(08-06-2020 02:07 PM)Gamecock Wrote:  
(08-06-2020 01:58 PM)orangefan Wrote:  Clemson and UNC had scheduled games with Akron and James Madison for 9/19, a date now set aside for Clemson and UNC to play OOC opponents. These may still be on the table contingent on those opponents being able to meet ACC protocols, or Clemson and UNC may be trying to negotiate some detail about the games.

That makes sense. It's probably on the hook to pay both Akron and the Citadel either way and would rather play the Citadel. However, to do so, it may need to help out Charleston Southern. As noted, there seems to be no shortage of schools with an open date in the Carolinas on that day. Indeed, Charlotte, App.St. and ECU have all had their FCS opponents cancel on them, so they're off the hook for the guaranty payment. Any of them ought to be able to pick up Charleston Southern for a pretty modest guaranty.
(This post was last modified: 08-06-2020 02:40 PM by orangefan.)
08-06-2020 02:33 PM
Advertisement

Gamecock Offline
All American

I Root For: South Carolina
(08-06-2020 02:33 PM)orangefan Wrote:  
(08-06-2020 02:07 PM)Gamecock Wrote:  

That makes sense. It's probably on the hook to pay both Akron and the Citadel either way and would rather play the Citadel. However, to do so, it may need to help out Charleston Southern. As noted, there seems to be no shortage of schools with an open date in the Carolinas on that day. Indeed, Charlotte, App.St. and ECU have all had their FCS opponents cancel on them, so they're off the hook for the guaranty payment. Any of them ought to be able to pick up Charleston Southern for a pretty modest guaranty.

My guess is you’re correct and they’re simply trying to get all of the dates worked out
08-06-2020 04:08 PM
Stugray2 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: tOSU SJSU Stan'
Wow, surprised they want those OOC games.

FCS opponents are the weakest link. NCAA will shut down FCS for fall if 50% of teams cancel. Right now more than 40% of schools have and rumblings are strong several Big Sky schools are about to shut down (Idaho supposedly over 70% of the players said they don't want to play). These two are thus shaky:

Samford at Florida State
VMI at Virginia
08-06-2020 04:38 PM
MinerInWisconsin Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UTEP, of course
(08-06-2020 04:38 PM)Stugray2 Wrote:  Wow, surprised they want those OOC games.

FCS opponents are the weakest link. NCAA will shut down FCS for fall if 50% of teams cancel. Right now more than 40% of schools have and rumblings are strong several Big Sky schools are about to shut down (Idaho supposedly over 70% of the players said they don't want to play). These two are thus shaky:

Samford at Florida State
VMI at Virginia

Will the NCAA shut down all fcs football or just the playoffs/championships.
08-06-2020 04:42 PM
Michael in Raleigh Offline
All American

I Root For: App State
My knee jerk reaction is to pick on Wake Forest for choosing not to play App State, 13-1 last year, and opting for Old Dominion, 1-11, for their one non-conference game. Both games were scheduled to be in Winston-Salem as part of home and home series.

The choice is a bit more reasonable when one looks closer. Wake Forest knows App State vs. Wake brings large crowds from both sides, and if the teams are going to play, they don't want to waste it in a season where hardly any fans, if any at all, can attend. So the two sides agreed to postpone the game to a later season. Additionally, they agreed to another future home and home series. I just don't think that's a sign that Wake is trying to duck Appalachian, although I'd like to make fun of them anyway. Wake Forest doesn't try to make the excuse that, "We have everything to lose and nothing to gain," like some teams make. Wake deserves credit.
08-06-2020 05:01 PM
Advertisement

Nerdlinger Offline
Realignment Enthusiast

I Root For: Realignment!
One thing that should be noted is despite planning to hold a CCG while divisionless, the ACC would not be violating any NCAA rules because they're only playing 11 games otherwise.
(This post was last modified: 08-07-2020 01:59 PM by Nerdlinger.)
08-07-2020 01:58 PM
Statefan Offline
Banned

JMU is off the table for anyone looking at the table.

Army, ECU, and ETSU might play them - Carolina can actually give them three dates the 5, 19th, and 26th.
(This post was last modified: 08-07-2020 09:01 PM by Statefan.)
08-07-2020 08:49 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.