UCONN Cancels Season
08-05-2020 07:44 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

emu steve Offline
Legend

I Root For: EMU / MAC
RE: UCONN Cancels Season
Mass has an open date on their schedule for Sept 3.

BTW, UConn wasn't to play a conference season and most of their games were canceled by their opponents.

They had no choice.

NOW, do we wish to start the season and our home and home with UMass this year?
(This post was last modified: 08-05-2020 08:19 AM by emu steve.)
08-05-2020 08:15 AM
Sellers dweller Offline
1st String

I Root For: EMU
(08-05-2020 08:15 AM)emu steve Wrote:  Mass has an open date on their schedule for Sept 3.

BTW, UConn wasn't to play a conference season and most of their games were canceled by their opponents.

They had no choice.

Steve, do you think we'll end up playing non-conference games this year?
08-05-2020 08:21 AM
emu steve Offline
Legend

(08-05-2020 08:21 AM)Sellers dweller Wrote:  
(08-05-2020 08:15 AM)emu steve Wrote:  Mass has an open date on their schedule for Sept 3.

They had no choice.

Well, Army is still playing and I doubt they want us to cancel.

I assume we WANT to play Coastal Carolina at home in early Sept.

The question is do any schools want to add games, at this late date, not knowing what September will bring. High risk.
08-05-2020 08:44 AM
Sellers dweller Offline
1st String

I Root For: EMU
(08-05-2020 08:44 AM)emu steve Wrote:  

They had no choice.

The question is do any schools want to add games, at this late date, not knowing what September will bring. High risk.

Very true. I agree on Coastal Carolina, and I hope we do play that game I just think the MAC and Sun Belt might take that out of our hands by going conference only. I could obviously be wrong, but it just seems like that is the trend.

If it doesn't happen I predict we don't add any games and just play the 10 we have now. Another trend seems to be the 10 game schedule, so that might help in adding some uniformity to the season.

With Army, I wonder if we'd get an 11th game exception (assuming we we go to a MAC only schedule). Meaning we'd have our, hypothetical, 10 MAC games and they'd let us play an 11th against Army since they are not a conference.

Whatever they decided on, it's only about a month away so they better make up their minds!
08-05-2020 09:00 AM
Advertisement

dansplaining Offline
All American

I Root For: EMU - DCFC
(08-05-2020 09:00 AM)Sellers dweller Wrote:  

They had no choice.

Very true. I agree on Coastal Carolina, and I hope we do play that game I just think the MAC and Sun Belt might take that out of our hands by going conference only. I could obviously be wrong, but it just seems like that is the trend.

If it doesn't happen I predict we don't add any games and just play the 10 we have now. Another trend seems to be the 10 game schedule, so that might help in adding some uniformity to the season.

With Army, I wonder if we'd get an 11th game exception (assuming we we go to a MAC only schedule). Meaning we'd have our, hypothetical, 10 MAC games and they'd let us play an 11th against Army since they are not a conference.

Whatever they decided on, it's only about a month away so they better make up their minds!

I think you guys are missing a HUGE element to this UCONN thing - the players were involved with the decision to cancel the season. Between this and what's going on in the PAC 12 - i think players are in the rare position to actually drive this conversation
08-05-2020 09:21 AM
emu steve Offline
Legend

(08-05-2020 09:21 AM)dansplaining Wrote:  

They had no choice.

I think you guys are missing a HUGE element to this UCONN thing - the players were involved with the decision to cancel the season. Between this and what's going on in the PAC 12 - i think players are in the rare position to actually drive this conversation

I'm going to PARTIALLY disagree with you.

For UConn there are a few issues:

1). The pandemic and health issues,

2). Possibly exhausting a year's eligibility for maybe SIX games. Quite frankly I think it is a NON-decision decision. With only six games, may as shut it down now.

I can't address how they feel about the health issues as we are talking about the feelings, sometimes convoluted, about a health issue of say 100 human beings.

If I were a CFB player I'd rather redshirt than play a half season worth of games.
(This post was last modified: 08-05-2020 12:41 PM by emu steve.)
08-05-2020 12:30 PM
dansplaining Offline
All American

I Root For: EMU - DCFC
(08-05-2020 12:30 PM)emu steve Wrote:  
(08-05-2020 09:21 AM)dansplaining Wrote:  
(08-05-2020 08:21 AM)Sellers dweller Wrote:  Steve, do you think we'll end up playing non-conference games this year?

I'm going to PARTIALLY disagree with you.

For UConn there are a few issues:

1). The pandemic and health issues,

2). Possibly exhausting a year's eligibility for maybe SIX games. Quite frankly I think it is a NON-decision decision. With only six games, may as shut it down now.

I can't address how they feel about the health issues as we are talking about the feelings, sometimes convoluted, about a health issue of say 100 human beings.

If I were a CFB player I'd rather redshirt than play a half season worth of games.

BIG 10 players are lining up with PAC 12 players. I think this is the start of a really big shift in college football.
08-05-2020 12:44 PM
emu steve Offline
Legend

We'll see. What I would say, unsolicited to all D-I coaches, be careful about accepting all of those verbals 'cause if there is no season, many of those seniors will be back for another season and all of a sudden the scholarship count is pushing 100, and that is a no go.

For fans, we would have the 2020 seniors back, 2019 redshirts, 2020 all redhsirted, and 2021 signing class. 2021 would be a season of great talent in CFB.
08-05-2020 12:54 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.