Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

New roof on Carrier Dome is taking shape
orangefan Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Syracuse
New roof on Carrier Dome is taking shape
It seems difficult to believe, but the stadium is supposed to be ready for play by 9/19

08-04-2020 08:06 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

TexanMark Offline
Legend

RE: New roof on Carrier Dome is taking shape
(08-04-2020 08:06 AM)orangefan Wrote:  It seems difficult to believe, but the stadium is supposed to be ready for play by 9/19

With the new schedule the AD let the ACC know a September 26th home opener is preferred. So expect Cuse to open with two straight road trips. I predict UNC as first game.

Might have to disable your VPN to view

https://cuse.com/feature/dome
(This post was last modified: 08-04-2020 09:14 AM by TexanMark.)
08-04-2020 09:11 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
CardinalJim Online
Welcome to The New Age

I Root For: Louisville
That looks fantastic. Are y’all adding seats with the remodal?
08-04-2020 12:56 PM
TexanMark Offline
Legend

(08-04-2020 12:56 PM)CardinalJim Wrote:  That looks fantastic. Are y’all adding seats with the remodal?

Not in Phase 1.

They had to remove most of them for the construction but they are reinstalling the same ones. Yeah...I know lol

Possibly in Phase 2... however, I think Covid-19 $$ related issues might delay Phase 2 a couple years.

I'd expect capacity to be reduced 5K in Phase 2.
08-04-2020 01:54 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Pervis_Griffith Offline
All American

Is it still going to be the Carrier Dome?

Seems ripe for a name/sponsor change ... which could be lucrative for the school and sponsor. Which may mean waiting a bit for the economy to rebound. U of L is taking their time finding a new corporate sponsor for the football facility. I'm lobbying for Papa Shaq's Cardinal Stadium. But I have zero pull.

I hear that there will be AC in this new facility. Is that true?

Looking good!
08-04-2020 02:00 PM
orangefan Offline
Heisman

(08-04-2020 02:00 PM)Pervis_Griffith Wrote:  Is it still going to be the Carrier Dome?

Seems ripe for a name/sponsor change ... which could be lucrative for the school and sponsor. Which may mean waiting a bit for the economy to rebound. U of L is taking their time finding a new corporate sponsor for the football facility. I'm lobbying for Papa Shaq's Cardinal Stadium. But I have zero pull.

Looking good!

There will be AC, not sure if this year.

The sponsorship thing is a very sore subject. The original naming rights were sold in perpetuity for a single donation to support the construction of the dome. We're basically getting zero ongoing revenues from the name.

If they hadn't named the football field and basketball court as Ernie Davis Legends Field and the Jim Boeheim Court already, I'd suggest selling the names of these for sponsorships. Say Coca-Cola Field at the Carrier Dome or some BS like that. Frankly, they should just go ahead and do that. Jim would understand.
(This post was last modified: 08-04-2020 02:08 PM by orangefan.)
08-04-2020 02:06 PM
Advertisement

TexanMark Offline
Legend

Actually AC should be ready for 2021.

Naming rights I predict will happen. SU is not calling it the Carrier Dome anymore...just the stadium.

Stuff is happening behind the scenes... we'll see if there is a new name within a year or two.
08-04-2020 03:12 PM
Pervis_Griffith Offline
All American

(08-04-2020 02:06 PM)orangefan Wrote:  
(08-04-2020 02:00 PM)Pervis_Griffith Wrote:  Is it still going to be the Carrier Dome?

Looking good!

The sponsorship thing is a very sore subject. The original naming rights were sold in perpetuity for a single donation to support the construction of the dome. We're basically getting zero ongoing revenues from the name.

If they hadn't named the football field and basketball court as Ernie Davis Legends Field and the Jim Boeheim Court already, I'd suggest selling the names of these for sponsorships. Say Coca-Cola Field at the Carrier Dome or some BS like that. Frankly, they should just go ahead and do that. Jim would understand.

That sounds like a scientology contract. Which ... as you can guess ... is pretty one sided. And not a good deal.
08-04-2020 04:24 PM
TexanMark Offline
Legend

(08-04-2020 04:24 PM)Pervis_Griffith Wrote:  

Looking good!

That sounds like a scientology contract. Which ... as you can guess ... is pretty one sided. And not a good deal.

It was a first of its kind in 1978. The CEO of Carrier was also on the Board of Trustees at SU. Annual naming rights came later.
08-04-2020 05:33 PM
Pervis_Griffith Offline
All American

(08-04-2020 05:33 PM)TexanMark Wrote:  

Looking good!

It was a first of its kind in 1978. The CEO of Carrier was also on the Board of Trustees at SU. Annual naming rights came later.

Makes sense.

Quick question -- how many different sports use this for their home contests? Obviously men's and women's hoops, football, and lacrosse. (Women's Lacrosse?)

But any others? Soccer?

Just curious ..
08-04-2020 09:15 PM
TexanMark Offline
Legend

(08-04-2020 09:15 PM)Pervis_Griffith Wrote:  
(08-04-2020 05:33 PM)TexanMark Wrote:  

Looking good!

Makes sense.

Quick question -- how many different sports use this for their home contests? Obviously men's and women's hoops, football, and lacrosse. (Women's Lacrosse?)

But any others? Soccer?

Just curious ..

Softball a few times
Women's Lax
31,000 for a Hockey game
It used to host indoor track but that went away with Field turf.

Additionally it hosts summer camps, music concerts and SU uses it for large gatherings like graduation and new student orientation.

I can't think of another facility in America that gets used so much
08-04-2020 09:28 PM
Advertisement

AllCuseConference Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: Orange
(08-04-2020 12:56 PM)CardinalJim Wrote:  That looks fantastic. Are y’all adding seats with the remodal?

We don't even know for sure if we are getting seats. Its a major disappointment. The New York Mets just bought the minor team in town, and with the county, they replaced all the seats in the baseball stadium, amongst other things, its a 25 million makeover. The bathrooms at the dome were supposed to be faze two. If there's no fans this year for any sports, they gotta find a way to get the seats and bathrooms done. No one wants to sit in those ugly uncomfortable seats from 1980 and use pee troughs from 1980. I get this is a small private school but Syracuse has been getting good money from its fans, and it costs a arm and a leg to go to the school. They need to find a way to make it happen. But with the economy they probably won't replace the seats and that is a major joke to me.
(This post was last modified: 08-06-2020 06:11 PM by AllCuseConference.)
08-06-2020 06:10 PM
TexanMark Offline
Legend

Bathrooms are being redone. At least one extra bathroom has been built in an end zone. New seats are Phase 2.

Latest video

(This post was last modified: 08-06-2020 06:30 PM by TexanMark.)
08-06-2020 06:29 PM
AllCuseConference Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: Orange
I spoke to someone who works in the deans office at SU and they told me one part of the dome is going to be glass and you could see in the dome from the outside.This was two years ago. This person is a very important person. He definitely wasn't lying to me. I gotta wonder if that even happens now with the world we live in. It sounded really cool
08-06-2020 06:49 PM
cuseroc Offline
Super Moderator

Donators
OK, No more jokes about the Carrier Dome not having air conditioning.

Dome Construction Ahead Of Schedule, Air Conditioning This Fall.
08-07-2020 12:40 PM
Hokie Mark Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: VT, ACC teams
(08-07-2020 12:40 PM)cuseroc Wrote:  OK, No more jokes about the Carrier Dome not having air conditioning.

Now, for the $2.75 million question: is there any progress on the naming rights?
08-07-2020 01:19 PM
Advertisement

cuseroc Offline
Super Moderator

Donators
(08-07-2020 01:19 PM)Hokie Mark Wrote:  
(08-07-2020 12:40 PM)cuseroc Wrote:  OK, No more jokes about the Carrier Dome not having air conditioning.

Now, for the $2.75 million question: is there any progress on the naming rights?

Nothing yet!
08-07-2020 01:54 PM
Hokie Mark Offline
Hall of Famer

(08-07-2020 01:54 PM)cuseroc Wrote:  

Nothing yet!

Next question: did the players actually practice today?
08-07-2020 02:38 PM
TexanMark Offline
Legend

(08-07-2020 02:38 PM)Hokie Mark Wrote:  

Nothing yet!

First practice was yesterday...not sure about today
08-07-2020 02:41 PM
Hokie Mark Offline
Hall of Famer

(08-07-2020 02:41 PM)TexanMark Wrote:  
(08-07-2020 02:38 PM)Hokie Mark Wrote:  

Nothing yet!

First practice was yesterday...not sure about today

I thought I read that the Syracuse players refused to practice yesterday as a protest.
08-07-2020 05:08 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.