Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

You Guys See These Tweets from YpsiEleven?
Bookmark and Share
dansplaining Offline
All American

I Root For: EMU - DCFC
You Guys See These Tweets from YpsiEleven?
https://twitter.com/YpsiEleven

Looks like there are some accusations against EMUFB and Heather Lyke's management of reported assaults by players.
08-03-2020 11:48 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

emu79 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: emu
RE: You Guys See These Tweets from YpsiEleven?
I am not saying it did or didn't happen. But I do know that I need more hard evidence that just a tweet or tweets. Names dates times who they filed a complaint with or talked to police reports etc. We do know various players leave the program I assume some are dismissed for behavior related issues.
08-03-2020 03:34 PM
EMUGLORYDAYSthe90's Offline
1st String

I Root For: E MICH
(08-03-2020 11:48 AM)dansplaining Wrote:  https://twitter.com/YpsiEleven

Looks like there are some accusations against EMUFB and Heather Lyke's management of reported assaults by players.
Hopefully, this's not true! But, these tweets if there's any truth don't look good! My question would be why YEARS later?
08-03-2020 03:55 PM
Jerry Weaver Offline
All American

I Root For: EMU
(08-03-2020 03:34 PM)emu79 Wrote:  I am not saying it did or didn't happen. But I do know that I need more hard evidence that just a tweet or tweets. Names dates times who they filed a complaint with or talked to police reports etc. We do know various players leave the program I assume some are dismissed for behavior related issues.

1000% agree! It the allegations are true I want everyone who committed the transgressions, ignored them and covered them up to be held accountable. This behavior cannot be condoned by any educational institution.

That said, EMU is not Michigan State or Penn St. I adore Coach Creighton, but honestly the athletic program at Eastern hardly generates the revenue the aforementioned programs do. If the incident was indeed reported to campus Police and found credible, I doubt EMU would "circle the wagons" to protect the football program. Famous college coaches like Joe Paterno are worth big money to their respective Universities, as much as I like Chris, he is not the same to EMU. I find these years old claims specious at best, based on the tweets.
08-03-2020 04:42 PM
alum93 Offline
2nd String

(08-03-2020 04:42 PM)Jerry Weaver Wrote:  
(08-03-2020 03:34 PM)emu79 Wrote:  I am not saying it did or didn't happen. But I do know that I need more hard evidence that just a tweet or tweets. Names dates times who they filed a complaint with or talked to police reports etc. We do know various players leave the program I assume some are dismissed for behavior related issues.

1000% agree! It the allegations are true I want everyone who committed the transgressions, ignored them and covered them up to be held accountable. This behavior cannot be condoned by any educational institution.

That said, EMU is not Michigan State or Penn St. I adore Coach Creighton, but honestly the athletic program at Eastern hardly generates the revenue the aforementioned programs do. If the incident was indeed reported to campus Police and found credible, I doubt EMU would "circle the wagons" to protect the football program. Famous college coaches like Joe Paterno are worth big money to their respective Universities, as much as I like Chris, he is not the same to EMU. I find these years old claims specious at best, based on the tweets.

I spoke to a player parent last summer that mentioned of a similar story. The parent said that even after the story was found untrue CC wouldn't take the player back. The parent was praising the integrity of CC.
08-04-2020 05:56 PM
Advertisement

dansplaining Offline
All American

(08-04-2020 05:56 PM)alum93 Wrote:  

I spoke to a player parent last summer that mentioned of a similar story. The parent said that even after the story was found untrue CC wouldn't take the player back. The parent was praising the integrity of CC.

i'd still like the university to at very least follow up on these accusations - as vague as they may be
08-05-2020 07:07 AM
Bob Wickersham Offline
Heisman

Even if the story was found untrue, CC wouldn't take the player back? Well, that would be bull###t too. If I was a parent of a player, I would not like that and my kid would not play for that kind of coach. That doesn't show integrity, just the opposite. I highly doubt that Chris Creighton wouldn't take a player back if he was the victim of an untrue allegation.
08-05-2020 07:45 AM
dansplaining Offline
All American

I'm seeing some indication that the university is following up with these women - as well as other accusations relating to greek life. i hope the school gets a handle on whatever the issues are and make whatever cultural changes are needed to ensure a safe environment for all students.
08-07-2020 06:33 AM
Jerry Weaver Offline
All American

(08-05-2020 07:45 AM)Bob Wickersham Wrote:  

Even if the story was found untrue, CC wouldn't take the player back? Well, that would be bull###t too. If I was a parent of a player, I would not like that and my kid would not play for that kind of coach. That doesn't show integrity, just the opposite. I highly doubt that Chris Creighton wouldn't take a player back if he was the victim of an untrue allegation.

Usually these incidents occur when a student-athlete endeavors into a high-risk environment where he should not have been in the first place. Remember when Jalen Rose was caught in a suspected Detroit crack house while at U-M? I presume Coach Creighton delineated his expectations about not doing such and whether the player committed an illegal transgression or not, he violated the Coach's directive. I applaud and respect his decision.
08-07-2020 05:55 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.