Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

2020 JMU Basketball Season ticket deadline August 1
Bookmark and Share
Deez Nuts Offline
Moderator. Go Dukes!

I Root For: the Dukes
2020 JMU Basketball Season ticket deadline August 1
I imagine a lot of us JMU fans are taking things day by day lately... and probably not thinking into fall/November/2021 sports, but the deadline for ordering season tickets for basketball is looming this weekend. Deadline is August 1.

Fans purchasing tickets by 8/1 will select seats online with a 3D model. If COVID impacts this year's basketball season, tickets can be refunded and seat reservations will be held into next season... so not much of a drawback if you've been on the fence about buying.
https://jmusports.com/news/2020/7/28/tic...ivery.aspx

Check out jmu sports web for ticket info and seat maps

WBB Ticket information:
https://jmusports.com/sports/2019/10/10/...43341.aspx

MBB Ticket information:
https://jmusports.com/sports/2019/10/10/...43340.aspx
07-30-2020 12:42 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

lingerba Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: JMU
RE: 2020 JMU Basketball Season ticket deadline August 1
Got my tickets for MBB and WBB yesterday!
07-30-2020 02:21 PM
ParentofJMUMRDs Online
Heisman

Just got my tickets for WBB today!! Unfortunately won't be sitting by the band (sorry guys!!) as the wife wanted to move to more centrally located seats. Will have to adapt I guess! And we all know that we have to do what the boss says!!

Go Dukes!!

Brian
07-31-2020 01:09 PM
HyperDuke Offline
Hall of Famer

(07-31-2020 01:09 PM)ParentofJMUMRDs Wrote:  Just got my tickets for WBB today!! Unfortunately won't be sitting by the band (sorry guys!!) as the wife wanted to move to more centrally located seats. Will have to adapt I guess! And we all know that we have to do what the boss says!!

Go Dukes!!

Brian

How many seasons did you sit there? Honestly, you pretty much are a Pep Band member!
07-31-2020 01:16 PM
ParentofJMUMRDs Online
Heisman

Started sitting there when the older daughter was playing in the Pep band which would have been fall of 2006. Been a long time!!!

Brian
07-31-2020 01:26 PM
Wear Purple Offline
Hall of Famer

(07-31-2020 01:09 PM)ParentofJMUMRDs Wrote:  Just got my tickets for WBB today!! Unfortunately won't be sitting by the band (sorry guys!!) as the wife wanted to move to more centrally located seats. Will have to adapt I guess! And we all know that we have to do what the boss says!!

Go Dukes!!

Brian

What would be perfect is if the tubas had seats over next to you two.

04-cheers
07-31-2020 01:30 PM
Advertisement

jmudukes001 Online
Special Teams

Don’t know if this got posted somewhere else, but the Richmond Times Dispatch had an article on the new arena over the weekend and said that only about 810 season tickets have been sold for the men- about 840 for the women. Pretty low even with Covid. JMU blaming most of it on Covid, which is understandable. Some has to be because of the last 25 years of suckiness.

Wonder how many schools have more season tickets for women’s basketball than men’s basketball.

Article says that JMU put a cap of 5,000 on season tickets when they made season tickets available last October.
09-01-2020 07:54 AM
Deez Nuts Offline
Moderator. Go Dukes!

I Root For: the Dukes
(09-01-2020 07:54 AM)jmudukes001 Wrote:  Don’t know if this got posted somewhere else, but the Richmond Times Dispatch had an article on the new arena over the weekend and said that only about 810 season tickets have been sold for the men- about 840 for the women. Pretty low even with Covid. JMU blaming most of it on Covid, which is understandable. Some has to be because of the last 25 years of suckiness.

Wonder how many schools have more season tickets for women’s basketball than men’s basketball.

Article says that JMU put a cap of 5,000 on season tickets when they made season tickets available last October.

Covid absolutely decimated this facility's opening. Easily would have produced double those numbers without covid for both programs. At the rate things are moving there will be zero fans in the arena and no basketball.
09-01-2020 08:36 AM
Dukester Offline

Covid had nothing to do with women outselling the men in season tickets. That is not typical.

I know Men's tickets are more expensive than women's tickets, but that is the norm in college basketball.

That shows me the excitement that Mark has generated to some on here, has not carried over to the general fan base. That certainly does not surprise me. It's going to have to happen on the court, and it's going to take a annual consistent contender, which I think is possible from Mark. It will take more than the almost relevant level Brady brought us up to. A jump start to the excitement would be a solid 13 seed, or perhaps a run into the season ending NIT.
(This post was last modified: 09-01-2020 10:17 AM by Dukester.)
09-01-2020 10:16 AM
Bill Offline
1st String

(09-01-2020 07:54 AM)jmudukes001 Wrote:  Don’t know if this got posted somewhere else, but the Richmond Times Dispatch had an article on the new arena over the weekend and said that only about 810 season tickets have been sold for the men- about 840 for the women. Pretty low even with Covid. JMU blaming most of it on Covid, which is understandable. Some has to be because of the last 25 years of suckiness.

810? I counted 1,531 seats taken after the window closed.
09-01-2020 10:53 AM
Hart Foundation Offline
Heisman

I Root For: James Madison
Some season tickets are good for both men’s and women’s I.e the courtside seating.
I wonder if they counted for both or just one. If just one, which one?
Dukester knows it was a milquetoast hire not commensurate with the big investment in the arena. We get what we paid for in a coach and it isn’t in the ballpark of what serious basketball programs pay.

It would have been interesting to see in a non COVID environment for sure. If JMU had 1800 season tickets sold for men and 1900 season tix Sold for women it would still be revealing of the bed that has been made.
09-01-2020 11:26 AM
Advertisement

Bill Offline
1st String

Pre-Covid and post hire, I was thinking we could get 2,500 season tickets sold for men's. I'm sure after we 3peat as CAA champions, we can fill that arena.....halfway.
09-01-2020 11:43 AM
Dukester Offline

Covid hurts for the three obvious reasons

1) How many people really want to attend an indoor crowded event during covid?

2) Is it likely they have fans this year, if they even play at all?

3) A lot of people are hurting financially, and wondering if things will only get worse in the short term.

Throw in a Men’s program with doormat interest....
09-01-2020 11:57 AM
jmudukes001 Online
Special Teams

Here is the article with some comments from Kevin Warner. It looks like it is no longer a paid subscription article.

We need to get to a point where the men’s season ticket count is at least twice as much as the women’s season ticket number. I was a bit surprised that the women have more sold than the men with at least some hype around the new coach and new stadium.

https://richmond.com/sports/college/jame...3fa5f.html
09-02-2020 08:07 AM
Dukester Offline

(09-02-2020 08:07 AM)jmudukes001 Wrote:  Here is the article with some comments from Kevin Warner. It looks like it is no longer a paid subscription article.

We need to get to a point where the men’s season ticket count is at least twice as much as the women’s season ticket number. I was a bit surprised that the women have more sold than the men with at least some hype around the new coach and new stadium.

https://richmond.com/sports/college/jame...3fa5f.html

Having to pay for football stadium & and new basketball arena with no ticket revenues will likely be quite painful. Wonder if payment can be deferred......
09-02-2020 10:16 AM
NJDuke97 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Jmu
A theory on men’s attendance- the obvious is the poor performance of the program over the years even when we were relatively ok. I think it goes deeper. We are in competition with other men’s hoops options. Think about it- whether it’s non students or alum who live in The general area or students who are primarily from the state of Virginia they have UVA Men’s basketball to support and my sense is that they support UVA Men’s basketball and follow them and JMU is really an after thought. They may support other JMU sports including women’s hoops, softball football etc where JMU has been a lot better but also where there isn’t as much local competition to overshadow JMU.

All these things sports and non sports compete for someone’s (student or non student) Attention and commitment to attend a live event. I have a feeling there is a lot of - JMU stinks and I’d rather stay at home and watch UVA on tv that goes on with the men’s hoops customer.
09-02-2020 11:39 AM
Advertisement

HyperDuke Offline
Hall of Famer

The fact that everyone’s go-to comparison for MBB is JMU WBB is part of the problem. JMU MBB should be compared to other D1 MBB peers.
09-02-2020 12:04 PM
Dukester Offline

(09-02-2020 12:04 PM)HyperDuke Wrote:  The fact that everyone’s go-to comparison for MBB is JMU WBB is part of the problem. JMU MBB should be compared to other D1 MBB peers.

For some reason people attempt to make excuses for Men's basketball, and the reality is the product is not attractive. This market and school is about a 9 in supporting it's successful programs. It was for Men's Basketball as well for a couple decades. Level of support for Men's basket is 2 or 3 at best. Level of support for Women's Basketball, Football, softball between and 9 or 10 for comparable universities.

People don't want to spend money to do something that is not very entertaining. Being a JMU fan, they know what success can be like for a solid JMU Men's program. Most are showing they will be back when you prove it.
09-02-2020 12:20 PM
JMUNation Offline
All American

(09-02-2020 12:20 PM)Dukester Wrote:  
(09-02-2020 12:04 PM)HyperDuke Wrote:  The fact that everyone’s go-to comparison for MBB is JMU WBB is part of the problem. JMU MBB should be compared to other D1 MBB peers.

For some reason people attempt to make excuses for Men's basketball, and the reality is the product is not attractive. This market and school is about a 9 in supporting it's successful programs. It was for Men's Basketball as well for a couple decades. Level of support for Men's basket is 2 or 3 at best. Level of support for Women's Basketball, Football, softball between and 9 or 10 for comparable universities.

People don't want to spend money to do something that is not very entertaining. Being a JMU fan, they know what success can be like for a solid JMU Men's program. Most are showing they will be back when you prove it.

This! It isn’t just about winning. For those of us like Dukester who remember the Campanelli and Lefty years, the basketball was entertaining win or lose. We have watched a lot of ugly wins and losses since.
09-02-2020 09:08 PM
ShadyP Offline
Heisman

(09-02-2020 09:08 PM)JMUNation Wrote:  
(09-02-2020 12:20 PM)Dukester Wrote:  

This! It isn’t just about winning. For those of us like Dukester who remember the Campanelli and Lefty years, the basketball was entertaining win or lose. We have watched a lot of ugly wins and losses since.

Spot on.....it is not just the mounting loses year after year (winning definitely helps and is more fun) but even the program in general has been a snooze fest for 20 years, even when they won it was not terribly entertaining.
09-03-2020 08:00 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.