Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

CFN's Ranking
Bookmark and Share
Motown Bronco Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: WMU
CFN's Ranking
This probably doesn't amount to a hill of beans (heh) as the whole season is likely in doubt. But here is where the MAC teams fall:

https://collegefootballnews.com/2020/07/...-130-teams

83. Buffalo
92. Ball State
96. Ohio
103. Western Michigan
104. Toledo
106. Kent State
107. Central Michigan
111. Miami
113. Eastern Michigan
117. Northern Illinois
125. Bowling Green
129. Akron

They seem really high on BSU. Miami and NIU are placed too low, imo.

Although once you get past #100, I'm not sure how meticulous they are in ordering them.
07-17-2020 07:56 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

utpotts Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Toledo
RE: CFN's Ranking
Well it’s from CFN which is total garbage anyways
07-17-2020 09:58 AM
mufanatehc Offline
Hmm...

I Root For: BSU, EHC, & MU
I like how for several teams, Toledo included, they were like they'll be as good or better than last year and then proceed to rank them lower than they did last year...
07-17-2020 11:08 AM
Advertisement

BruceMcF Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Reds/Buckeyes/.
(07-17-2020 11:08 AM)mufanatehc Wrote:  I like how for several teams, Toledo included, they were like they'll be as good or better than last year and then proceed to rank them lower than they did last year...

03-idea Well, it's one thing to say for 2/3rds of the schools in FBS that they'll be as good or better than last year, and another thing to make the ranking say that.
07-19-2020 11:08 AM
FMRocket Offline
All American

I Root For: UT Blue & Gold
Their credibility takes a hit when they have 102 div.1 teams ranked ahead of - Toledo/WMU//Miami/CMU ...
07-19-2020 04:32 PM
JHVMU19 Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: Miami (OH)
CFN rankings are a joke.
MAC team post season rankings for many top MAC teams were very solid at end of year 2019 in CFN despite not a great bowl showing. It makes no sense how they say teams will be better and yet they rank them way lower.

This is even true for other Gof5 teams.
One glaring example...
Air Force top 25 last year and returns solid offense & finished 24.
Their excellent front 7 returns.
2020 Preseason listed at 74.
(They will be as good this year. Purdue is lucky to have missed that game.)

Another... Navy top 25 last year and ranked behind USAFA this year preseason.

This is the common rule of thumb CFN and others use.
Good Power 5 ranked high, then next season keep them high. (Even if they have no personnel returning.)
Good Gof5 ranked high, then rank them low and make them work their way up. (Even if they are loaded with returning talent)
There is no continued respect or continuity for most in the Gof5. It is as if they ranked the team high end of season only because they had to do it. Then the next season they rank low again maybe “because the team was just lucky.”

It is likely CFN does not have the resources to even investigate all the teams well so they just guesstimate in a poorly designed way especially for the Gof5.
07-20-2020 08:30 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.