Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Which Sun Belt team do you wish you played every year?
Bookmark and Share
Brosef Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: App State
Which Sun Belt team do you wish you played every year?
Which out-of-division SBC team do you wish you played every year?
[I believe Troy and South are the only teams that have a guaranteed annual game)

I wish App would play Ark State every year. We've only played once in the last four seasons (and played the Cajuns six times in the same span).
06-30-2020 10:33 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Yosef84 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Appalachian St
RE: Which Sun Belt team do you wish you played every year?
(06-30-2020 10:33 AM)Brosef Wrote:  Which out-of-division SBC team do you wish you played every year?
[I believe Troy and South are the only teams that have a guaranteed annual game)

I wish App would play Ark State every year. We've only played once in the last four seasons (and played the Cajuns six times in the same span).

I would have to agree that I would like to see App and Arkansas State play more often.
06-30-2020 10:38 AM
TrueBlueDrew Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Jawjuh Suthen
StAte was rotated off our schedule this season for the first time since 2015. I got kinda used to seeing them the past few seasons.
06-30-2020 10:40 AM
Usajags Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: South Alabama
I’d like App or Louisiana. Troy may be our in-state rival, but ULL is who I consider our big conference rival. I want to beat them at everything, especially when it’s on the diamond, men and women.
06-30-2020 10:43 AM
Georgia_Power_Company Offline
All American

I Root For: GA Southern
As crazy as it sounds to all of the bus league guys I'd like GS to play Texas St. I think it's a beautiful place to visit and I've enjoyed all of our games against the Bobcats since moving up to FBS.
06-30-2020 11:38 AM
Florida RedWolf Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: arkansas state
I wish each team played a full round robin schedule. That would still leave us with two OOC games for revenue. Don't think you can really claim a championship without playing all teams.
06-30-2020 08:24 PM
Advertisement

chrisattsu Offline
Mom's Favorite

I Root For: Tarleton / TXST
(06-30-2020 11:38 AM)Georgia_Power_Company Wrote:  As crazy as it sounds to all of the bus league guys I'd like GS to play Texas St. I think it's a beautiful place to visit and I've enjoyed all of our games against the Bobcats since moving up to FBS.
In before all everyone wants to play TXST for the easy win
06-30-2020 10:10 PM
Michael in Raleigh Offline
All American

(06-30-2020 08:24 PM)Florida RedWolf Wrote:  I wish each team played a full round robin schedule. That would still leave us with two OOC games for revenue. Don't think you can really claim a championship without playing all teams.

Not me. I loved last year's schedule. Home FCS win over an old SoCon rival. Two road wins at the "flagship" schools of each Carolina. Home win over the nerds from Concord.

One more conference game means either the loss of a fairly close G5 school or the loss of a second P5 game, potentially at home.

To answer the OP's question: Arkansas State. Can't believe we've played them 3 times and Louisiana 8.
06-30-2020 10:53 PM
All American

(06-30-2020 10:10 PM)chrisattsu Wrote:  
(06-30-2020 11:38 AM)Georgia_Power_Company Wrote:  As crazy as it sounds to all of the bus league guys I'd like GS to play Texas St. I think it's a beautiful place to visit and I've enjoyed all of our games against the Bobcats since moving up to FBS.
In before all everyone wants to play TXST for the easy win

I don't recall many of our games being easy wins but ok
07-01-2020 07:23 AM
All American

(06-30-2020 08:24 PM)Florida RedWolf Wrote:  I wish each team played a full round robin schedule. That would still leave us with two OOC games for revenue. Don't think you can really claim a championship without playing all teams.

Full round robin means less home games because we all know each school will take at least one money game each year therefore I'm not a fan unless we somehow go to 9 for football.
07-01-2020 07:25 AM
SkullyMaroo Offline

As a South Alabama fan, I wish we played the East Division winner in December on an annual basis.
07-01-2020 07:55 AM
Advertisement

slycat Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Texas State
Georgia Southern. I think this goes back to the 2005 playoff game and feels like there is history between the schools even though there really isn't
07-01-2020 11:14 AM
GS99-00 Offline
2nd String

I think UL and TXST is who we've played the least since joining. I really enjoyed my trip out to TXST & hope to get an opportunity to take in a game & the tailgate experience at UL soon
07-01-2020 01:44 PM
All American

Said this here before, but I think these should all be annual:

App State - Arkansas State
Coastal - ULM
Georgia State - Texas State
Georgia Southern - Louisiana
Troy - South Alabama
07-01-2020 05:17 PM
kevinwmsn Offline
1st String

I think Ga State - they restarted their program around the same time as USA started football plus it is any easy ride from Mobile to Atlanta.
07-01-2020 09:45 PM
All American

(07-01-2020 09:45 PM)kevinwmsn Wrote:  I think Ga State - they restarted their program around the same time as USA started football plus it is any easy ride from Mobile to Atlanta.

So you'd want them as your annual cross division opponent over Troy?
07-01-2020 09:47 PM
Advertisement

sdcritter Offline
All American

I Root For: stAte
I'm so curious as to why all the App fans want to play stAte every year. Especially with stAte having been down lately. Louisiana has been the class of our division so I'd think you'd want to keep playing them.
07-02-2020 07:21 AM
TrueBlueDrew Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Jawjuh Suthen
(07-02-2020 07:21 AM)sdcritter Wrote:  I'm so curious as to why all the App fans want to play stAte every year. Especially with stAte having been down lately. Louisiana has been the class of our division so I'd think you'd want to keep playing them.

it's the waterfalls
07-02-2020 07:27 AM
GS99-00 Offline
2nd String

(07-02-2020 07:27 AM)TrueBlueDrew Wrote:  
(07-02-2020 07:21 AM)sdcritter Wrote:  I'm so curious as to why all the App fans want to play stAte every year. Especially with stAte having been down lately. Louisiana has been the class of our division so I'd think you'd want to keep playing them.

it's the waterfalls

Don't go chasing waterfalls……….
07-02-2020 07:40 AM
High Country Student Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: App. State

I think there are a few reasons. No offense to them but you can rule Texas State, ULM, and South Alabama out from the get go. UL is good right now but they're 0-8 against us and the reality is, we don't really know how they will fair after Napier and that is coming in the next 1-3 years I would imagine. We have developed a little bit of a sour taste in our mouth for StAte which always creates a better setup for a rivalry. You guys are the only team from the entire conference aside from GS (and you know how we feel about them) that has beaten us in Boone since we became fully transitioned to FBS. That was back in 2015. To this day, that game still feels like we beat ourself more than you beat us. You were one of the schools that had an arrogance about App joining the Sun Belt. The first game we played against you guys in 2014 was a classic and a major win for us. You guys have been more consistent that any other team in the west. You have a great AD. You have fans that like to engage and talk as do we which can create a fun time.
07-02-2020 09:19 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.