Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Hearing WCC will not play winter sports: BYU & Gonzaga to MWC In 2021?
billybobby777 Offline
The REAL BillyBobby

I Root For: ECU, Army
Hearing WCC will not play winter sports: BYU & Gonzaga to MWC In 2021?
If WCC cancels the season will Gonzaga and BYU play in the MWC for Olympic sports in 20/21?
Neither BYU or Gonzaga want to close sports and most of the MWC is indicating they will.
SJSU may not, leaving the MWC schools at 10 plus and Gonzaga & BYU.
MWC Mountain: BYU, Utah St, Wyoming, Colorado St, Air Force, UNM
MWC West: Gonzaga, Boise, Fresno, SDSU, UNLV, Nevada
06-27-2020 01:41 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Stugray2 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: tOSU SJSU Stan'
RE: Hearing WCC will not play winter sports: BYU & Gonzaga to MWC In 2021?
SJSU, Fresno State and San Diego State all say they will play. They all need FB, and all are interpreting the CSU "mostly online" to allow them to declare FB players are among those allowed on campus. There is no separation among the three CSU schools.

East Coast people have no clue.
06-27-2020 03:07 AM
DavidSt Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: ATU, P7
If the pandemic still rising, these players will be carriers, and some will die from the virus.
06-29-2020 04:35 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
YNot Offline
All American

I Root For: BYU
(06-27-2020 01:41 AM)billybobby777 Wrote:  If WCC cancels the season will Gonzaga and BYU play in the MWC for Olympic sports in 20/21?
Neither BYU or Gonzaga want to close sports and most of the MWC is indicating they will.

Where are you hearing this rumor? The WCC issued its 2020-21 basketball matchups earlier this month.

https://wccsports.com/news/2020/5/31/wcc...chups.aspx

If the other WCC schools did cancel Olympic sports in winter 2021, I do think BYU and Gonzaga would talk to the MWC. I'm sure they would approach the PAC and also consider scenarios that involve the Big Sky, the Big West, and WAC.
06-29-2020 04:46 PM
Cyniclone Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: ODU
(06-29-2020 04:46 PM)YNot Wrote:  
(06-27-2020 01:41 AM)billybobby777 Wrote:  If WCC cancels the season will Gonzaga and BYU play in the MWC for Olympic sports in 20/21?

Where are you hearing this rumor? The WCC issued its 2020-21 basketball matchups earlier this month.

If the other WCC schools did cancel Olympic sports in winter 2021, I do think BYU and Gonzaga would talk to the MWC. I'm sure they would approach the PAC and also consider scenarios that involve the Big Sky, the Big West, and WAC.

I would imagine that the best the MWC could do would be to accommodate them in the OOC. They're planning to go to a 20-game schedule starting in 2022-23, but that would be a double round-robin, so I don't think it'd be very easy to make that work for a 13-team conference, especially as a one-shot. Maybe they can cancel the MWC-A10 challenge, since it probably wasn't going to survive the move to a 20-game schedule.

Of course the whole thing could be rendered moot if the California schools decide they can't play after all, or other schools in the conference pull back.
06-29-2020 05:01 PM
Advertisement

billybobby777 Offline
The REAL BillyBobby

I Root For: ECU, Army
(06-27-2020 03:07 AM)Stugray2 Wrote:  SJSU, Fresno State and San Diego State all say they will play. They all need FB, and all are interpreting the CSU "mostly online" to allow them to declare FB players are among those allowed on campus. There is no separation among the three CSU schools.

West Coast people have no clue.
1. I live in Texas.
2. I would never classify where I went to school Greenville, NC as East Coast. Guys were calling me a “yankee” back then lol ?
06-29-2020 08:49 PM
Captain Bearcat Offline
All-American in Everything

I Root For: UC
(06-29-2020 08:49 PM)billybobby777 Wrote:  
(06-27-2020 03:07 AM)Stugray2 Wrote:  SJSU, Fresno State and San Diego State all say they will play. They all need FB, and all are interpreting the CSU "mostly online" to allow them to declare FB players are among those allowed on campus. There is no separation among the three CSU schools.

1. I live in Texas.
2. I would never classify where I went to school Greenville, NC as East Coast. Guys were calling me a “yankee” back then lol ?

A few years ago, I started work at SDSU. The orientation leader said these three sentences in a row:
"How many people are from the West Coast?"
"How many people are from the East Coast?"
"Ok, so the rest of you are from out of the country."
(This post was last modified: 06-30-2020 06:23 AM by Captain Bearcat.)
06-30-2020 06:21 AM
Stugray2 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: tOSU SJSU Stan'
(06-29-2020 08:49 PM)billybobby777 Wrote:  

1. I live in Texas.

Just because you live in Texas doesn't mean you are not clueless.

NC is East Coast, although Appalachia I agree is not. But the schooling and geographic perspective is East, no question.

East Coast is not Yankee, since that runs from Miami to DC then north to Maine. I would not think that. I am from Ohio originally. My son is Californian, but went to college in Massachusetts. He and I agree on one thing, California lives in a bubble.

But what you fundamentally don't understand about California is the "one size fits all" concept dominates higher education. The CSU schools chaff under this as they are not really allowed to differentiate (Cal Poly aside), and like the UC system class offerings are essentially cookie cutter. But this extends to administration and decisions about athletics. One in, then all in at a given level.Local decision making doesn't much exist in the CSU or UC systems.
06-30-2020 11:46 PM
jdgaucho Offline
All American

I Root For: UCSB
(06-29-2020 04:46 PM)YNot Wrote:  

Cal State Bakersfield AND BYU (for one year)? My UC heart couldn't take it
06-30-2020 11:54 PM

User(s) browsing this thread:

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.