Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

MEAC Imploding - Any schools of CAA interest?
Bookmark and Share
solohawks Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UNCW
MEAC Imploding - Any schools of CAA interest?
So the MEAC is losing both of their FL schools on top of just having lost Hampton and in process of losing NC A&T.

That leaves them MEAC at the traditional bare minimum of 8 conference members. While you can get by with 7, most conferences like to have at least 8.

Are there any MEAC schools that yall think would be a good fit in the CAA?

I would not mind grabbing NC Central. They have a traditionally strong basketball program and being located in Durham are a very easy drive for us.
06-26-2020 12:54 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Gary Miller Offline
1st String

I Root For: UNCW Seahawks
RE: MEAC Imploding - Any schools of CAA interest?
I’d take NC Central in a heartbeat. Norfolk State would be interesting as they would make a good travel partner with William & Mary.
(This post was last modified: 06-26-2020 02:38 PM by Gary Miller.)
06-26-2020 02:38 PM
Seahawkhoops Offline
Hall of Famer

(06-26-2020 02:38 PM)Gary Miller Wrote:  I’d take NC Central in a heartbeat. Norfolk State would be interesting as they would make a good travel partner with William & Mary.

Also not terribly far from us, beats many of the other road trips
06-26-2020 02:48 PM
Gary Miller Offline
1st String

I Root For: UNCW Seahawks
(06-26-2020 02:48 PM)Seahawkhoops Wrote:  
(06-26-2020 02:38 PM)Gary Miller Wrote:  I’d take NC Central in a heartbeat. Norfolk State would be interesting as they would make a good travel partner with William & Mary.

Also not terribly far from us, beats many of the other road trips

Robert Jones has built a pretty good program there too. .500 or better in 6 of 7 seasons. He’s not quite on Moton’s level, but he’s one of the more underrated coaches in Mid Major Basketball in his own right.
06-26-2020 02:54 PM
Advertisement

billthebighawksfan Offline
All American

NCCU is a good hoops school, but I doubt that they would leave because it's a golden ticket. I bet that Va Union, Va. State or Bowie would consider moving up to D1 to be in the MEAC. The thing is that Central gets to the big dance but is a 16 seed most of the time. Is that good enough? Some may agree, but I'd rather move up if I were them just a bit so that they can raise their profile. My hunch though is that the MEAC will grow organically and take the top CIAA teams.
06-26-2020 10:54 PM
solohawks Offline
Hall of Famer

Check out this interview from the ASUN commissioner. That is the type of leadership our mid major conference is lacking
06-28-2020 08:05 AM
70shawk Offline
All American

I Root For: Brandon University
(06-28-2020 08:05 AM)solohawks Wrote:  

Check out this interview from the ASUN commissioner. That is the type of leadership our mid major conference is lacking

I heard more innovative thinking in that video than I have collectively heard over the years out of the CAA office. Thanks for sharing.
06-29-2020 07:06 AM
geezerhawkdad Offline
2nd String

All the remaining MEAC schools except Coppin State and Maryland-Eastern Shore play football. The champion of the MEAC plays the SWAC champion in the Celebration Bowl, which is supposed to be a big pay day for the conferences and the teams in the game.

A "good" thing about the leaner MEAC is that the remaining football schools have a better chance of playing in the Bowl. A&T has won an inordinate number of the bids in recent years.

No MEAC football school is moving to another conference unless it sponsors football.
06-29-2020 10:49 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.