Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Why are folks driven to "count the blessings" of the American Athletic Conf. schools?
jedclampett Offline
All American

I Root For: Temple
Why are folks driven to "count the blessings" of the American Athletic Conf. schools?
The recent tendency to write posts about how this or that school is a "blessing" to the American is somewhat puzzling, and raises the question: Why?03-confused

No one felt the need to start counting the blessings for each school until UConn announced their departure.

So, why do so many of us now feel impelled to count our blessings?Refresh

There may be plenty of reasons for this trend that could be discussed.05-bump

However, here is one possible theory03-idea:

The departure of UConn 04-bolt has reminded us all that we can't take any AAC school for granted. Any of them could depart at any time, and for any reason.

The fact that all of the Power Five conferences have the option to adjust their memberships :deal:between 2022 and 2026, and that all of the Power Five schools have the option to consider switching conferences during that period of time has made this issue much more salient and concerning than it would otherwise be.

Recently, many readers on this and other message boards have expressed the opinion that there will be some kind of P5 alignment in the next few years, by 2026, and that it will affect the AAC, in particular.

Realizing this, many AAC fans 05-lurk are beginning to come to terms with the possibility that the departure of UConn may be followed by one or more additional departures within the next 5-6 years.
(This post was last modified: 06-24-2020 11:52 PM by jedclampett.)
06-24-2020 10:46 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

WhoseHouse? Online
Heisman

I Root For: UH
RE: Why are folks driven to "count the blessings" of the American Athletic Conf. schools?
This thread is missing a poll
06-25-2020 12:27 AM
jedclampett Offline
All American

I Root For: Temple
RE: Why are folks driven to "count the blessings" of the American Athletic C...
(06-25-2020 12:27 AM)WhoseHouse? Wrote:  This thread is missing a poll04-chairshot05-deadhorse05-ban

03-rotfl05-hide03-woohoo04-bolt05-bump
(This post was last modified: 06-25-2020 04:09 AM by jedclampett.)
06-25-2020 01:13 AM
Advertisement

Nameless Online
1st String

I Root For: UConn
Is Jed on an emoji/gif kick? Or is this what mania looks like?
06-25-2020 08:21 AM
Nameless Online
1st String

I Root For: UConn
To answer the actual question, I think there has been a lot of ribbing of the schools that haven't performed as well athletically. With ECU and Tulane making good hires in hoops and football, Tulsa being consistently solid in hoops and winning a share of the conference this past season and the departure of our football program, there's nothing negative for people to really focus on. Instead, there are a lot of reasons to be optimistic
06-25-2020 08:29 AM
Advertisement

BraveKnight Offline
All American

I Root For: UCF
(06-25-2020 08:21 AM)Nameless Wrote:  Is Jed on an emoji/gif kick? Or is this what mania looks like?
This is what insanity looks like. 01-wingedeagle
06-25-2020 08:56 AM
Bear Catlett Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UC
RE: Why are folks driven to "count the blessings" of the American Athletic Conf. schools?
I've never thought the AAC was as bad as everyone made it out to be.

Not to say that I'd rather be there than the ACC, but it could be worse. The AAC is much better than the MWC and the three JV conferences we get lumped in with.
06-25-2020 09:39 AM
Advertisement

geosnooker2000 Offline
I got Cleopatra in the basement

I Root For: Brandon
(06-25-2020 09:39 AM)Bear Catlett Wrote:  I've never thought the AAC was as bad as everyone made it out to be.

Not to say that I'd rather be there than the ACC, but it could be worse. The AAC is much better than the MWC and the three JV conferences we get lumped in with.

Absolutely. My answer to the question is, most all of us could have easily found ourselves stuck in C-USA. If we could get Power status, I would not want to go anywhere else, with the possible exception of the SEC, but that seems so far out of the realm of possibility, it's hardly worth wasting time thinking about.
06-25-2020 09:55 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
usffan Offline
Heisman

I Root For: USF
[Image: 48454326.jpg]

USFFan
06-25-2020 10:22 AM
Advertisement

BraveKnight Offline
All American

I Root For: UCF
(06-25-2020 10:22 AM)usffan Wrote:  [Image: 48454326.jpg]

USFFan
03-lmfao
06-25-2020 10:38 AM
GoOwls111 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: No CFP BIAS
It's Pandemic driven, I tell you...
06-25-2020 01:56 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.