Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Poll: Will we have live attendance this fall?
YES
NO
[Show Results]

Will we have fans in the stands this fall?
Bookmark and Share
rileylives Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Marshall
Will we have fans in the stands this fall?
Discussion. Currently schools like Marshall are selling season tickets to it's fall sports.

Is it reasonable or foolish to expect live in-person attendance?
(This post was last modified: 06-24-2020 07:04 AM by rileylives.)
06-24-2020 07:02 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

CoachMaclid Offline
All American

RE: Will we have fans in the stands this fall?
I expect in-person attendance, but I could see an environment where attendance is capped at a percentage of normal capacity.
06-24-2020 07:39 AM
topper1296 Offline
1st String

I Root For: WKU
(06-24-2020 07:39 AM)CoachMaclid Wrote:  I expect in-person attendance, but I could see an environment where attendance is capped at a percentage of normal capacity.

Agreed. This isn't a simple yes or no answer. My vote would be yes, but at a reduced capacity of some sort. One way to limit capacity would be to not allow walk up ticket sales.
06-24-2020 07:59 AM
HiddenDragon Offline
Banned

I Root For:
BlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk Award
I'm 97% sure there will not be a college football season. And if there is some semblance of a season it will be abbreviated. And there will be fans at the games if there is a season. But I'm saying no fans because there will not be a season.
06-24-2020 08:00 AM
ghostofclt! Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Charlotte
clt says yes with limited attendance
06-24-2020 08:21 AM
BlueRaiderBoy Offline
All American

I Root For: MTSU
Believe we play college football in 2020. 03-cloud9 God only knows what it's going to look like or whether we play a full season. My not so scientific prognostication: 07-coffee3 No CUSA squad plays 12 games.03-banghead Regular season ends before (or in first week of) November. 04-jawdrop Conference Championship Game and Bowl Season Cancelled. 03-zzz Every School reports some level of COVID-19 Infection at some stage of the season. 03-puke Fans allowed in stadiums. 04-cheers In the Boro, Social Distancing will be no problem cause we'll draw less than 10,000 03-weeping to any home game this year! 03-old
06-24-2020 08:24 AM
Advertisement

rileylives Offline
Heisman

My take.

Limited percentage of fans to start the season.

NCAA will not set a cap percentage because they are nutless, and don't want a lawsuit.

By November we all shut down again. Football closes up shop, because it's impossible to pull off a "bubble plan" a-la the NBA. All fall sports cancel, basketball included.

It only takes one state to shut down again for the entire domino row to fall.

I so much hate this take, but that's just what looks the most logical to me.
06-24-2020 08:52 AM
OptimisticOwl Offline
Legend

I Root For: Rice

The Parliament AwardsNew Orleans BowlFootball GeniusCrappiesDonatorsDonators
I think that if attendance were the determining factor, we would.

But Football is a contact sport. I think the determining factor will be the exposure of players and support personnel.

So probably not.
06-24-2020 10:34 AM
Dawgxas Offline
#FreeDeb025

I Root For: Louisiana Tech
The rise in cases is overwhelming in young people in Texas. Thats from close contact from bars, parties, pool parties. What will happen this fall when kids go back to school?
TABC busted 15 bars across the state this past weekend for violating laws.
06-24-2020 10:35 AM
greyowl72 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Rice
No
06-24-2020 10:48 AM
TTT Offline
#SMTTT

I Root For: USM & G5
Honestly..if teams continue to have more cases of the disease on their team/staff...then the NCAA will just cancel the season.

My gut feeling is we won't have football this fall. The NCAA wouldn't want the liability.
(This post was last modified: 06-24-2020 11:22 AM by TTT.)
06-24-2020 11:21 AM
Advertisement

ghostofclt! Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Charlotte
clt says lots of schools need the revenue. time for kickoff
06-24-2020 11:45 AM
HiddenDragon Offline
Banned

I Root For:
(06-24-2020 11:45 AM)ghostofclt! Wrote:  clt says lots of schools need the revenue. time for kickoff

You gotta have fans at the games to generate revenue.
06-24-2020 11:53 AM
Saint3333 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: App State
G5 programs need the CFB playoff and TV revenue and at a minimum season ticket revenue to sustain operations for another season.
06-24-2020 12:31 PM
WKUYG Away
Hall of Famer

I Root For: WKU
Lock them all in a room for 3 weeks there's a 99.5% chance they will all recover. 95% of them wont even know they were sick..

If my brother who's 62, with a liver transplant and has to do dialysis every other day can recover from this virus. Then so will 18 to 22 year old kids that are mostly in great shape. Of the seven people that I personally know that tested positive....

5 didnt have any symptoms. The two that had problems, my brother, and a 47 year old that had a heart attack and open heart surgery last year. Both recovered from the virus.

By the time this is over the flu will be more deadly to those under the age of 40. Not only deadly but to those 25 and under the flu will make them sicker.

As for fans in the stands dont socialize and you should be OK....15 minutes of close contact is the way the health dept explained it to us. Its why my sister and nephew didnt catch the virus and my brother did. My niece (14 year old carrier) hugged my sister and her son but was only around them for about 6 to 8 minutes. My brother was around her for 30 minutes before she left.

Eight people at the poker game and the only person to catch the virus was my niece's step father. Who was sitting next to the person that had it...with zero symptoms before testing negative.
(This post was last modified: 06-24-2020 12:46 PM by WKUYG.)
06-24-2020 12:36 PM
CardinalBlackTrojan Offline

I Root For: TROY
(06-24-2020 08:00 AM)HiddenDragon Wrote:  I'm 97% sure there will not be a college football season. And if there is some semblance of a season it will be abbreviated. And there will be fans at the games if there is a season. But I'm saying no fans because there will not be a season.

If that happens, then every single one of us might as well prepare to say "goodbye" to all of our football programs. All of the G5's struggled to make it through this shut down, and that was with basketball already making it through their regular season and baseball making it 1/4 of the way through, so at least our AD's still got some ticket revenue from those.

How do you think things will go if there is no football season, no basketball season, and no NCAA Tournament? It will be the end of Conference USA, Sun Belt, MAC, Mountain West, and the AAC as we know it.
06-24-2020 01:25 PM
Advertisement

rileylives Offline
Heisman

(06-24-2020 12:36 PM)WKUYG Wrote:  Lock them all in a room for 3 weeks there's a 99.5% chance they will all recover. 95% of them wont even know they were sick..

If my brother who's 62, with a liver transplant and has to do dialysis every other day can recover from this virus. Then so will 18 to 22 year old kids that are mostly in great shape. Of the seven people that I personally know that tested positive....

5 didnt have any symptoms. The two that had problems, my brother, and a 47 year old that had a heart attack and open heart surgery last year. Both recovered from the virus.

By the time this is over the flu will be more deadly to those under the age of 40. Not only deadly but to those 25 and under the flu will make them sicker.

As for fans in the stands dont socialize and you should be OK....15 minutes of close contact is the way the health dept explained it to us. Its why my sister and nephew didnt catch the virus and my brother did. My niece (14 year old carrier) hugged my sister and her son but was only around them for about 6 to 8 minutes. My brother was around her for 30 minutes before she left.

Eight people at the poker game and the only person to catch the virus was my niece's step father. Who was sitting next to the person that had it...with zero symptoms before testing negative.

WKUYG, I respect your opinion. There's so much that we don't know about this virus. It is constantly mutating. Couple that with a very real chance that even if theiir are fans at the stadium, they're not going to stand six feet apart. You're yelling, spits flying, it's just a breeding ground.

This virus has proved to me that people are not rational, both sides.

I think we need a vaccine before we can confidently say full or even limited fans for a full football and basketball season.

It sucks.
(This post was last modified: 06-24-2020 01:42 PM by rileylives.)
06-24-2020 01:41 PM
rileylives Offline
Heisman

(06-24-2020 01:25 PM)CardinalBlackTrojan Wrote:  
(06-24-2020 08:00 AM)HiddenDragon Wrote:  I'm 97% sure there will not be a college football season. And if there is some semblance of a season it will be abbreviated. And there will be fans at the games if there is a season. But I'm saying no fans because there will not be a season.

If that happens, then every single one of us might as well prepare to say "goodbye" to all of our football programs. All of the G5's struggled to make it through this shut down, and that was with basketball already making it through their regular season and baseball making it 1/4 of the way through, so at least our AD's still got some ticket revenue from those.

How do you think things will go if there is no football season, no basketball season, and no NCAA Tournament? It will be the end of Conference USA, Sun Belt, MAC, Mountain West, and the AAC as we know it.

I don't know about that. You know that universities are going to have their hands out just like every other business, looking for federal funding to "save our university sports programs."

What this pandemic has shown me is that even in a free market, we are not allowing free market failings to happen.

How long is that sustainable? Look at Venezuela.

So I don't think that we will completely permanently close shop, it could be a temporary one-year stay. I think that is possible. Heck, even my job was furloughed.
(This post was last modified: 06-24-2020 01:47 PM by rileylives.)
06-24-2020 01:45 PM
HiddenDragon Offline
Banned

I Root For:
(06-24-2020 01:41 PM)rileylives Wrote:  This virus has proved to me that people are not rational, both sides.

It's simply people are not rational. There are no both sides because I know people with no political affiliation that believe COVID-19 is no big deal. I know young people that are not registered to vote that don't believe they can transmit the virus to their parents or grandparents.
06-24-2020 01:53 PM
JCMiner Offline
All American

I Root For: UTEP
As a UTEP fan I hope there’s no football season. I could use a break from all the losses.
06-24-2020 02:00 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.