I Root For: North Texas
North Texas has four members of athletic department test positive for COVID-19
06-22-2020 06:10 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

FAU Connoisseur! Offline
1st String

I Root For: #CometotheFAU
RE: North Texas has four members of athletic department test positive for COVID-19
How many people died? I think that is a more important metric than the positive test metric. I think a lot of people got it, some never knew.
06-23-2020 10:21 AM
UAB Schnauzer Offline
1st String

I Root For: UAB
RE: North Texas has four members of athletic department test positive for COVID-19
(06-23-2020 10:21 AM)FAU Connoisseur! Wrote:  How many people died? I think that is a more important metric than the positive test metric. I think a lot of people got it, some never knew.

122,000+ have died. The numbers to watch are hospitalization and deaths. The risk of overwhelming the medical system is real. Those who live often spend more than a week in icu and weeks in a regular room.
06-23-2020 01:08 PM
Shadow_Son Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: WKU
(06-23-2020 01:08 PM)UAB Schnauzer Wrote:  
(06-23-2020 10:21 AM)FAU Connoisseur! Wrote:  How many people died? I think that is a more important metric than the positive test metric. I think a lot of people got it, some never knew.

122,000+ have died. The numbers to watch are hospitalization and deaths. The risk of overwhelming the medical system is real. Those who live often spend more than a week in icu and weeks in a regular room.

More people over the age of 100 have died from Covid than people under the age of 40. Total Covid deaths for those aged 85 and up is 46,128. Total number of deaths for those aged 0-64 is 19,913 with 12,307 of those being between 55 and 64. 97% of all deaths had a serious pre-existing condition or prior/current serious hospitalization. As of yesterday per the CDC, nationwide covid deaths are under 250 for the day. Its over.
06-23-2020 03:08 PM
FAU Connoisseur! Offline
1st String

I Root For: #CometotheFAU

It took out some alumni of UNT to?
06-23-2020 03:38 PM
mturn017 Offline
ODU Homer

I Root For: Old Dominion
(06-23-2020 03:08 PM)Shadow_Son Wrote:  

More people over the age of 100 have died from Covid than people under the age of 40. Total Covid deaths for those aged 85 and up is 46,128. Total number of deaths for those aged 0-64 is 19,913 with 12,307 of those being between 55 and 64. 97% of all deaths had a serious pre-existing condition or prior/current serious hospitalization. As of yesterday per the CDC, nationwide covid deaths are under 250 for the day. Its over.

3rd person this week I’ve seen post “deaths yesterday were 200ish”. Where are y’all reading this ****? You can’t have accurate numbers from yesterday as the reporting is delayed whatever date you’re looking at is more like 750.
06-23-2020 08:19 PM
Advertisement

UAB Schnauzer Offline
1st String

my wife was in a serious car wreck yesterday. she spent the night on a stretcher in an exam room because there are no rooms available because of covid. the fact that someone does not die does not mean its not a problem. when your hospitalized due to covid its not outpatient you are there for days if not weeks. the whole reason for the shutdown was to prevent overwhelming our medical system. instead of preparing for opening back up and encouraging people to wear masks our government has been promising it will all just go away. worse than that many prominent figures have been preaching that its all a hoax. as a result I will be picking my wife up after surgery today because they have no room at the inn.
06-24-2020 05:53 AM
Shadow_Son Offline
Special Teams

(06-23-2020 08:19 PM)mturn017 Wrote:  

3rd person this week I’ve seen post “deaths yesterday were 200ish”. Where are y’all reading this ****? You can’t have accurate numbers from yesterday as the reporting is delayed whatever date you’re looking at is more like 750.

Coming from the CDC my man

https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/nvss/vsrr/covid19/index.htm
06-24-2020 02:25 PM
Shadow_Son Offline
Special Teams

(06-24-2020 05:53 AM)UAB Schnauzer Wrote:  

my wife was in a serious car wreck yesterday. she spent the night on a stretcher in an exam room because there are no rooms available because of covid. the fact that someone does not die does not mean its not a problem. when your hospitalized due to covid its not outpatient you are there for days if not weeks. the whole reason for the shutdown was to prevent overwhelming our medical system. instead of preparing for opening back up and encouraging people to wear masks our government has been promising it will all just go away. worse than that many prominent figures have been preaching that its all a hoax. as a result I will be picking my wife up after surgery today because they have no room at the inn.

That's unfortunate and I am very sorry to hear that, however, that is not the case for 98% of the country. Here in KY they have closed almost every field hospital they set up because they were going unused. Nurses were being laid off left and right for lack of work. The medical center in Bowling Green had an entire floor reserved for Covid patients that has never exceeded 20% capacity.
06-24-2020 02:29 PM
ghostofclt! Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Charlotte
clt recommends not testing, then the problem goes away.

Football time!
06-24-2020 05:18 PM
WKUYG Away
Hall of Famer

Name the hospital? I know a few people that work in the ER in BG KY....

many times before anyone every heard of this virus, people often spent the night in a ER room till a bed/room was open. When you say stretcher,the hospital she went to must be backwoods or well underfunded. In every hospital Ive ever been in (many) they all had hospital beds in the ER rooms. Those rooms have everything in them that a room after you are admitted.

So lets us all know that hospital, so we can avoid it. In KY there's a total of 60 something I forgot the number I read in a tweet today, in ICU from this virus. That's the whole state.

Your wife would not be going on the floor with people that have this virus. So this virus had zero to do with the wait she had. Not even once a person is moved from the unit. Those people would then be moved to rooms that affect their condition. If the virus caused a stroke. That person would be moved to a floor that deals with strokes. That's the way it is in BG where my brother was moved down.

Just a guess on my part but trauma caused by a wreck isnt common in someone with the coronavirus. Most likely totally different floors
(This post was last modified: 06-24-2020 06:02 PM by WKUYG.)
06-24-2020 05:46 PM
Advertisement

Green Menace Offline
1st String

I Root For:
(06-24-2020 05:18 PM)ghostofclt! Wrote:  clt recommends not testing, then the problem goes away.

Football time!

And the reason the State of Texas has seen a big spike in Covid-19 cases is due to more testing being done.
06-24-2020 08:39 PM
UAB Schnauzer Offline
1st String

(06-24-2020 05:46 PM)WKUYG Wrote:  

many times before anyone every heard of this virus, people often spent the night in a ER room till a bed/room was open. When you say stretcher,the hospital she went to must be backwoods or well underfunded. In every hospital Ive ever been in (many) they all had hospital beds in the ER rooms. Those rooms have everything in them that a room after you are admitted.

So lets us all know that hospital, so we can avoid it. In KY there's a total of 60 something I forgot the number I read in a tweet today, in ICU from this virus. That's the whole state.

Your wife would not be going on the floor with people that have this virus. So this virus had zero to do with the wait she had. Not even once a person is moved from the unit. Those people would then be moved to rooms that affect their condition. If the virus caused a stroke. That person would be moved to a floor that deals with strokes. That's the way it is in BG where my brother was moved down.

Just a guess on my part but trauma caused by a wreck isnt common in someone with the coronavirus. Most likely totally different floors

technically it was a gurney. a gurney is a wheeled stretcher used for transporting hospital patient. so sorry i failed to use the official term. and yes hospitals have a shortage of ICU beds because of COVID. Texas Medical Center in Houston reported that 97% of ICU beds are occupied. last month Montgomery hospitals were shipping ICU patients to Birmingham. this is not some made up vast left wing conspiracy. just where to you think all the beds come from when they set up an area in a hospital for Covid patients?
06-24-2020 08:58 PM
WKUYG Away
Hall of Famer

(06-24-2020 08:58 PM)UAB Schnauzer Wrote:  
(06-24-2020 05:46 PM)WKUYG Wrote:  
(06-23-2020 01:08 PM)UAB Schnauzer Wrote:  122,000+ have died. The numbers to watch are hospitalization and deaths. The risk of overwhelming the medical system is real. Those who live often spend more than a week in icu and weeks in a regular room.

technically it was a gurney. a gurney is a wheeled stretcher used for transporting hospital patient. so sorry i failed to use the official term. and yes hospitals have a shortage of ICU beds because of COVID. Texas Medical Center in Houston reported that 97% of ICU beds are occupied. last month Montgomery hospitals were shipping ICU patients to Birmingham. this is not some made up vast left wing conspiracy. just where to you think all the beds come from when they set up an area in a hospital for Covid patients?

You did not answer the question of what hospital let your wife sit all night in the ER on a gurney while waiting for a room? The part about Texas or last month about Montgomery or the number of ICU beds being taking up by this virus most likely doesnt come into play in your wife's case. Because I assume your wife wasnt in need of a ICU bed or they wouldnt have left her sitting all night on the gurney they first treated her on

Was it UAB?

45 treatment rooms
Five integrated patient care areas, each with its own nursing station and support personnel
Digital radiography in every area
32 medical/surgical beds
Nine urgent care area beds

If so that means they had 86 other people that they considered more in need of a ER room than your wife. Because each of those 45 treatment rooms has a bed. Each of those 32 medical/surgical has beds. Each of the Nine urgent care area has beds.

Must have been a very rough night in Birmingham and it had nothing to do with this virus.

UAB has a total of 1157 beds with over 300 in ICU

Quote:AL.com spoke with Stigler two weeks ago, just after the University of Alabama at Birmingham hospital reached what would be its peak of 63 in-house COVID patients. He spoke with AL.com again this week, as the numbers have slowly declined to an average of about 35-40 patients.
(This post was last modified: 06-25-2020 01:21 AM by WKUYG.)
06-24-2020 09:25 PM
WKUYG Away
Hall of Famer

In KY there are 1,300 ICU beds so if every person who's been in ICU from this virus were all in the ICU at the same time. KY would still had 308 ICU beds open. KY is using 6% of ICU beds and I cant believe Alabama is not 15%, or less

Quote:992 - Ever in ICU (79 Currently)
538 - Deaths with 342 (63.5%)from nursing homes

on June 23rd there were 667 people in the hospital from coronavirus in Alabama...state wide. That with 100 hospitals reporting. A total of 2565 hospitalized since March and a total of 749 was in ICU. Alabama has a total of 15,000 hospital beds with 1,700 ICU beds.

Birmingham has 3200 beds that avg 75% full each day. So on a average day there is no way someone is waiting on a hospital bed because of coronavirus in Jefferson County https://www.al.com/news/2020/03/where-ar...-beds.html

https://www.cbs42.com/news/health/coronavirus/
[Image: ala-count.png]

This was before they fix their problems at UAB hospital

Quote:UAB, the only American College of Surgeons-designated Level 1 Trauma and Burn Center in Alabama, also serves as a safety net hospital for the Birmingham community, since some 35 percent of the patients who come through the door are uninsured.

Given these demographics, high patient volume was creating significant challenges for the hospital, such as being on diversion 60 percent of the time; an average wait time for an inpatient bed up to 210 minutes; only 15 percent of discharges occurring before noon; more than 45 percent of transfer requests denied; midnight occupancy averaging 94 percent, and 6,000 clinic encounters a day.

UAB's answer to their problems on wait times

Quote: o address those capacity issues, a strategic patient flow plan was developed that included a centralized patient placement center, the Center for Patient Flow. UAB implemented patient flow systems from vendor TeleTracking, Lindsey explained, to:

Coordinate all critical activities that impact patient throughput, wait times, emergency department overcrowding by automating workflows and providing visibility to those in the ED, patient placement, nursing, environmental services, and patient transport.
Seamlessly coordinate the transfer of critically ill patients to a higher level of care for a holistic approach to improving access and also increasing market share.
Generate data for comparative purposes and promote continuous improvement at an enterprise level.
Help hospital leadership monitor the real-time status of enterprise-wide flow operations.
(This post was last modified: 06-25-2020 12:27 AM by WKUYG.)
06-24-2020 09:50 PM
EagleNationRising Offline
1st String

I Root For: GaSouthern

People keep using the absolute metrics of death vs life. Covid is messing some people up with long term effects after recovering. Not just those who recover after being on ventilators, but others as well. I’d like to see numbers on this stat, but of course it’s not being recorded. There’s so much more to learn about it. Good news is that there are multiple reports that it may be weakening.
(This post was last modified: 06-24-2020 10:28 PM by EagleNationRising.)
06-24-2020 10:26 PM
Advertisement

WKUYG Away
Hall of Famer

(06-24-2020 10:26 PM)EagleNationRising Wrote:  

People keep using the absolute metrics of death vs life. Covid is messing some people up with long term effects after recovering. Not just those who recover after being on ventilators, but others as well. I’d like to see numbers on this stat, but of course it’s not being recorded. There’s so much more to learn about it. Good news is that there are multiple reports that it may be weakening.

If by your own words its not being recorded, you have zero ideal if its one person or 50% of those that recovered? So like everything else that's been wrong about this virus. I expect the number to be in the same percentage as most other virus that attack the lungs.

72% of the 7 people that I know that tested positive had no signs of being sick. And of the 8 others that I know 100% was around them while one was infected....

never caught the virus or never was sick enough to get tested.

My sister negative
My nephew negative
6 people (plus the carrier)that was at the poker game. I only know of 3 that got tested...negative for all 3

No that number goes up to 80% that I know of that tested positive and was never sick from the virus. The guy at the poker game that gave it to my niece's stepfather .

My brother got hit hard but not from the coronavirus . He was touch and go a few times...from the hospital not catching the mini strokes and starting treatment before the major one hit. Three days after the first. If not for that this affected him about like food poisoning. He's 62 years old had a liver transplant (9 years ago) and dialysis every other day
(This post was last modified: 06-24-2020 11:33 PM by WKUYG.)
06-24-2020 11:30 PM
rileylives Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Marshall

I hate to hear that man, I hope your wife's okay.
06-25-2020 07:54 AM
ghostofclt! Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Charlotte
(06-24-2020 08:39 PM)Green Menace Wrote:  
(06-24-2020 05:18 PM)ghostofclt! Wrote:  clt recommends not testing, then the problem goes away.

Football time!

And the reason the State of Texas has seen a big spike in Covid-19 cases is due to more testing being done.

clt says exactly. Just quit testing and it goes away.
06-25-2020 09:10 AM
WKUYG Away
Hall of Famer

(06-25-2020 09:10 AM)ghostofclt! Wrote:  
(06-24-2020 08:39 PM)Green Menace Wrote:  

Football time!

clt says exactly. Just quit testing and it goes away.

In the spin room some people point to Japan and their high mask wearing numbers as the reason for their low infection rate. I say it has more to do with being one of the lowest 1st world countries in testing ratings.

People should be happy with the high positive rates as long as the hospitalize and death rates are not increasing. It's less people that can catch it and then reinfect others.

I dont think anyone knows the true science on being infected a second time for this virus. The one thing I do know, out of all the cases in Bowling Green Ky, not one person has tested positive, twice. I talked to the head of the hospital and health dept in BG getting all the facts to make sure my brother (who I have POA over) couldnt recatch it from people visiting him at the hospital or when I took him home.
06-25-2020 09:30 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.