Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

2020 BIG (individual teams) schedules
Bookmark and Share
cubucks Offline
All American

I Root For: tOSU/UNL/Ohio
2020 BIG (individual teams) schedules
This, of course, is with being optimistic of a 2020 season happening.

Illinois:OOC- Illinois State, Uconn and Bowling Green.
Eastern crossover games- Indiana, Ohio State and Rutgers.
A little help with schedule strength with Ohio State on there. Outside of this it's a complete CRAP schedule. How do you get fans excited with an OOC schedule like that?

Indiana:OOC- WKU, Ball State and Uconn.
Western crossover games- Wisconsin, Illinois and Purdue.
See Illinois above! Wisconsin adds strength to go with the eastern foes. Outside of that, this schedule is a failure!

Iowa: OOC- Northern Iowa, Iowa State and Northern Illinois.
Eastern crossover games- Michigan State, Penn State and Ohio State.
I have no problem at all with the OOC schedule, I find it to be very solid. Did Iowa piss someone off at the BIG office? Those crossover games are brutal! 10 P5 games.

Maryland: OOC- Towson, Northern Illinois and West Virginia.
Western crossover games- Minnesota, Northwestern and Wisconsin.
I hate the Towson game, the other two OOC games are solid. Very complicated crossover games to go with the eastern schedule. Excited to see what Maryland can do with this schedule. I would consider 7 wins an exceptional season, 6 is more realistic. 10 P5 games.

Michigan: OOC- Washington, Ball State and Arkansas State.
Western crossover games- Wisconsin, Minnesota and Purdue.
I really like their OOC schedule. The crossover games are complicated too. Top to bottom, this is a very strong schedule. 10 P5 games.

Michigan State: OOC- BYU, Toledo and Miami (FL).
Western crossover games- Northwestern, Iowa and Minnesota.
An awesome OOC schedule and tough crossover games. This could be the most complicated schedule of the conference. Enjoy your first season at East Lansing, Mel Tucker!10 P5 games.

Minnesota: OOC- FAU, Tennessee Tech and BYU.
Eastern crossover games- Michigan, Maryland and Michigan State.
Overall it's an okay schedule, I don't hate it nor love it. Can they keep rowing the boat in 2020?

Nebraska: OOC- Central Michigan, South Dakota State and Cincinnati.
Eastern crossover games- Ohio State, Penn State and Rutgers.
You expect us fans to get excited about that OOC schedule? Cincinnati is solid but the mix of the three is far from it. I'm happy the crossover games are as complicated as they are, it helps that OOC schedule a little bit.

Northwestern: OOC- Tulane, Central Michigan and Morgan State.
Eastern crossover games- Michigan State, Penn State and Maryland.
That OOC schedule is absolutely ridiculous. I am actually embarrassed for you! I hope you get beat up all year just for scheduling this crap.

Ohio State: OOC- Bowling Green, Oregon and Buffalo.
Western crossover games- Iowa, Nebraska and Illinois.
I like the OOC games with 1 PAC and 2 MAC schools. I love the crossover games, excited about all 3 of those. 10 P5 games.

Penn State: OOC- Kent State, Virginia Tech and San Jose State.
Western crossover games- Northwestern, Iowa and Nebraska.
I really like the schedule with the OOC and crossover games, very solid. Very interested to see Penn State play this year. 10 P5 games.

Purdue: OOC- Memphis, Air Force and Boston College.
Eastern crossover games- Rutgers, Michigan and Indiana.
I love the OOC schedule. Some may think it's not very "flashy", but that's a very solid group of games. I think Purdue is ready to have a really nice year this season. 10 P5 games.

Rutgers: OOC- Monmouth, Syracuse and Temple.
Western crossover games- Illinois, Purdue and Nebraska.
I really like this schedule for Rutgers. I think they can show improvement and get things going in the right direction. 10 P5 games.

Wisconsin: OOC- Southern Illinois, Appalachian State and Notre Dame.
Eastern crossover games- Indiana, Michigan and Maryland.
The OOC schedule looks nice with Notre Dame plus Appalachian State. The crossover games a far from easy too. It will be interesting to see if the Badgers can start out 3-0 this season. 10 P5 games.
06-24-2020 03:57 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

BePcr07 Offline
All American

I Root For: Boise St & Zags
RE: 2020 BIG (individual teams) schedules
Michigan St, Purdue, and Wisconsin with the toughest OOC.
06-24-2020 04:20 PM
cubucks Offline
All American

(06-24-2020 04:20 PM)BePcr07 Wrote:  Michigan St, Purdue, and Wisconsin with the toughest OOC.
Yep, can't disagree with that statement.
06-24-2020 04:29 PM
GE and MTS Offline

I Root For: Liberty/Penn St
Indiana, Illinois, and Northwestern don't have attractive OOC schedules based on who the opponents are individually but these are three of the hardest schools to win at. Bigger picture, those lesser opponents are attractive by being winnable which is more than can be said about the rest of their schedule. Becoming bowl eligible would be worth it for those three.

Now Nebraska on the other hand, I don't necessarily have a problem with the quality of opponents but they really need to quit scheduling like a generic Big Ten school and start acting like Nebraska. The conference didn't add them to be some hybrid of Wisconsin, Michigan State, and Purdue. Stop playing MAC/Ohio schools and start playing schools in your territory and recruiting grounds.
06-24-2020 08:20 PM
Advertisement

cubucks Offline
All American

(06-24-2020 08:20 PM)GE and MTS Wrote:  Indiana, Illinois, and Northwestern don't have attractive OOC schedules based on who the opponents are individually but these are three of the hardest schools to win at. Bigger picture, those lesser opponents are attractive by being winnable which is more than can be said about the rest of their schedule. Becoming bowl eligible would be worth it for those three.

Now Nebraska on the other hand, I don't necessarily have a problem with the quality of opponents but they really need to quit scheduling like a generic Big Ten school and start acting like Nebraska. The conference didn't add them to be some hybrid of Wisconsin, Michigan State, and Purdue. Stop playing MAC/Ohio schools and start playing schools in your territory and recruiting grounds.
I (kind of) agree with what you're saying.

Indiana, Illinois and Northwestern do need to have some winnable games, I get it. The games they have scheduled, though, are ridiculous imo. Why not play mid-tier P5 schools in at least one OOC spot? I understand they shouldn't be playing Alabama, Clemson, LSU etc...but why not schools like Miss State, Washington State, Kansas State etc... none are guaranteed victories, but it would be competitive. Hell, Indiana is turning into a really solid program and I'm very disappointed in their scheduling. I've been talking for two years how they are a really fun team to watch.

Let's not forget the cash these schools are making too. Give the fans what they deserve, more "showcase" games. Maybe more losses but you're not filling the stands with those schedules.

How have you been, GE and MTS? Haven't seen you around these parts in a while.
06-24-2020 08:40 PM
GE and MTS Offline

(06-24-2020 08:40 PM)cubucks Wrote:  
(06-24-2020 08:20 PM)GE and MTS Wrote:  Indiana, Illinois, and Northwestern don't have attractive OOC schedules based on who the opponents are individually but these are three of the hardest schools to win at. Bigger picture, those lesser opponents are attractive by being winnable which is more than can be said about the rest of their schedule. Becoming bowl eligible would be worth it for those three.

Indiana, Illinois and Northwestern do need to have some winnable games, I get it. The games they have scheduled, though, are ridiculous imo. Why not play mid-tier P5 schools in at least one OOC spot? I understand they shouldn't be playing Alabama, Clemson, LSU etc...but why not schools like Miss State, Washington State, Kansas State etc... none are guaranteed victories, but it would be competitive. Hell, Indiana is turning into a really solid program and I'm very disappointed in their scheduling. I've been talking for two years how they are a really fun team to watch.

Let's not forget the cash these schools are making too. Give the fans what they deserve, more "showcase" games. Maybe more losses but you're not filling the stands with those schedules.

I understand your point of view but many of these games are scheduled years in advance so planning around being up or down is difficult. Did Indiana plan on being decent these last couple of years? Probably, but I don't think they expected it and they can't count on it continuing based on history. I think they should schedule one big non-conference game but I don't blame them for getting as many winnable games as they can get with the meat grinder of a division they are in.

As for me, I'm doing pretty well. 2020 has been mostly inconvenient rather than the dumpster fire that many others are going through so I'm counting my blessings. There hasn't been much to comment on around these parts since I don't have time to deeply follow recruiting (though I appreciate those who do 04-cheers). I guess I should start more conversations but that too requires time to research what I want. I try to avoid the conference realignment board as anything I post there gets twisted into supporting child molestation instead of anything I actually am posting about.
06-24-2020 09:31 PM
cubucks Offline
All American

(06-24-2020 09:31 PM)GE and MTS Wrote:  
(06-24-2020 08:40 PM)cubucks Wrote:  

I understand your point of view but many of these games are scheduled years in advance so planning around being up or down is difficult. Did Indiana plan on being decent these last couple of years? Probably, but I don't think they expected it and they can't count on it continuing based on history. I think they should schedule one big non-conference game but I don't blame them for getting as many winnable games as they can get with the meat grinder of a division they are in.

As for me, I'm doing pretty well. 2020 has been mostly inconvenient rather than the dumpster fire that many others are going through so I'm counting my blessings. There hasn't been much to comment on around these parts since I don't have time to deeply follow recruiting (though I appreciate those who do 04-cheers). I guess I should start more conversations but that too requires time to research what I want. I try to avoid the conference realignment board as anything I post there gets twisted into supporting child molestation instead of anything I actually am posting about.
Sounds like you're doing well, that is good.
I've had extra time so I started doing the recruiting thread. Hoping to generate a little more traffic and interest on the BIG board.
Ignore the haters and just keep on posting.
06-25-2020 12:37 PM
Advertisement

TerpsNPhoenix Offline
1st String

I Root For: Maryland & Elon
(06-24-2020 03:57 PM)cubucks Wrote:  This, of course, is with being optimistic of a 2020 season happening.

I hate the Towson game, the other two OOC games are solid. Very complicated crossover games to go with the eastern schedule. Excited to see what Maryland can do with this schedule. I would consider 7 wins an exceptional season, 6 is more realistic. 10 P5 games.

I would be ecstatic with 6 wins. I just don't see this year going well. While I want to see football and be able to watch the season, I think Maryland might be better off if it didn't happen. Recruits *watching* Maryland play might decide they want to play somewhere else. Terps have a good recruiting class right now but we'll see what happens when it's December.
06-26-2020 05:58 AM
cubucks Offline
All American

(06-26-2020 05:58 AM)TerpsNPhoenix Wrote:  
(06-24-2020 03:57 PM)cubucks Wrote:  This, of course, is with being optimistic of a 2020 season happening.

I would be ecstatic with 6 wins. I just don't see this year going well. While I want to see football and be able to watch the season, I think Maryland might be better off if it didn't happen. Recruits *watching* Maryland play might decide they want to play somewhere else. Terps have a good recruiting class right now but we'll see what happens when it's December.
I remember writing this about Maryland and I also remember thinking 5 or 6 is more realistic. Looks like I forgot the "5 or" part! I'm not going to go back and edit it now, it may be bad luck?

Maryland is always so tricky to predict. You obviously would have more knowledge of what to expect. I know they always have quite a few great athletes, just putting a formula together to last the whole season that works has been the hard part.
06-26-2020 07:08 AM
cubucks Offline
All American

Looks like these OOC games will not matter.
07-09-2020 02:17 PM
Advertisement

Hokie Mark Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: VT, ACC teams
(07-09-2020 02:17 PM)cubucks Wrote:  Looks like these OOC games will not matter.

So conference-only, but... how many games?
07-09-2020 04:37 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
cubucks Offline
All American

(07-09-2020 04:37 PM)Hokie Mark Wrote:  
(07-09-2020 02:17 PM)cubucks Wrote:  Looks like these OOC games will not matter.

So conference-only, but... how many games?
This stuff is giving me a headache, lol!

I have no idea? Any kind of season at this point would be a blessing for me.
07-09-2020 05:14 PM
GE and MTS Offline

This is disappointing.

I hope for a 12 game schedule but that's likely not happening. I expect an even number, probably 10. We'll see how they add a game.

Hopefully this brings the newest members a little closer to assimilating into the conference while adding a cross division opponent that isn't a regular on the schedule. Knowing the Big Ten, Penn State will get Wisconsin instead of Illinois while Ohio State gets Purdue.
07-09-2020 05:46 PM
Advertisement

TerpsNPhoenix Offline
1st String

I Root For: Maryland & Elon
(06-24-2020 03:57 PM)cubucks Wrote:  

Ok, I'm officially on the cancel the season band wagon. I REALLY want to see football but there is no way this ends well for Maryland. Given an over/under of 2 wins...I think I'm going under.
07-10-2020 05:26 AM
cubucks Offline
All American

(07-10-2020 05:26 AM)TerpsNPhoenix Wrote:  
(06-24-2020 03:57 PM)cubucks Wrote:  

Ok, I'm officially on the cancel the season band wagon. I REALLY want to see football but there is no way this ends well for Maryland. Given an over/under of 2 wins...I think I'm going under.
Lol, it's all good my friend.

I remember some years ago I had a co-worker that was a Minnesota alumni. I've said many times that I love the western Big 10, minus the Gophers, just throwing that out there. Anyways, he always mentioned how he could not understand how the Gophers were unable to get back to being a respectable/relevant team. I would always mention that it only takes one coach, the right guy, to turn everything around, see Dabo Swinney. Glenn Mason was close, just missing the mark by a little bit. You see, the state of Minnesota has always had the boys that could play in the trenches, good high school recruits. Problem is, "that coach" was never there to keep them home. I'm starting to think maybe "that coach" has made it home to Minnesota. You win championships with dominant players in the trenches, I'm sure you know this, and skilled players, like running backs, are a dime a dozen as far as I'm concerned.

My point is, Maryland and Washington DC have a ton of high school talent. Now, look at your 2021 recruiting class, I think it's solid. You have 3 ☆☆☆☆ recruits so far in that class. Can you Guess what positions they are? They are exactly what they need to be, Defensive linemen! Two are from Maryland and the other is from Washington DC. Now in 2020, Maryland loaded up on Offensive tackles, all 3 ☆☆☆ recruits, that's good. It's a process they are working through and results will soon follow.

Schools in the SEC and Ohio State, Clemson, Wisconsin, Iowa etc...
They live and die with great offensive and defensive lines. Look at how different they all are too. Wisconsin, Alabama, LSU and Iowa all still play that old school football to a point. Ohio State, Clemson, Oregon and schools like that play more of a constant upbeat offense. As long as the boys in the trenches are solid, you can play any style you wish. Same goes for the defensive side. You build talent from the line to the backs and Maryland is doing this.

Locksley may just be your guy!?! Personally, it seems to me he is doing fine with recruiting. Now, how about you spread the word and get more fans to support this program! Did you see the Minnesota vs. Penn State game last year at Minnesota? That was one of the better atmospheres in all the games I saw the entire year. In case you haven't noticed, this league loves football, jump on board and enjoy the ride! High level recruits love those packed stadiums and the fans stroking their egos, lol! There are plenty of high level recruits in Maryland, the fans need to help the coaches land them.

Best of luck and hopefully we will have some form of sports this fall!

Terps!
07-10-2020 02:14 PM
cubucks Offline
All American

The $325,000 impact that Towson will feel from its game with Maryland cancelled. I truly feel bad for these schools like this, I just hope they can all survive these troubling times. Every school will obviously be impacted, especially if/when the entire season is canceled. I hope there is a way schools can safely play some games and generate some cash, stay tuned!

Quote:According to a copy of the contract signed in October 2012 and provided by Maryland, the Terps were subject to forfeit the $325,000. However, there is another clause stating that “exigencies beyond the control of either party, such as Acts of God, Acts of common enemy, civil disorders, or orders of military or public authority, may render it impossible to or highly undesirable to play the game. … Under such circumstances and the Home Team and the Visiting Team agree to cancel the game, [the payment] of this contract shall be null and void.”

Quote:But the financial loss is potentially significant for a Tigers athletic department that last month asked every sport and every unit within the department to slice 25% from their operating budgets.

Quote:Towson graduate David H. Nevins, who was former president of Comcast SportsNet in the early 2000s, said that the football game would have drawn viewership numbers between 5% to 10% of the 6 million or so residents in Maryland and generated a couple hundred thousand dollars in revenue from local advertising.

https://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/bs-s...story.html
07-16-2020 09:03 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.