WE ARE ALL GONNA DIE!!!
[Show Results]

Current thoughts on the COVID as of June 19
Bookmark and Share
Usajags Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: South Alabama
Current thoughts on the COVID as of June 19
Cast your vote, let’s see how we feel now about this corona.
06-19-2020 09:48 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

FloridaJag Offline
All American

I Root For: USA, FSU, and UWF
RE: Current thoughts on the COVID as of June 19
I have to protect my 80 plus year old parents.
06-19-2020 10:00 AM
TrueBlueDrew Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Jawjuh Suthen
Got tested this morning. Two friends of mine who I just saw last Saturday tested positive, so I went out of precaution.

They have drive through testing centers here in Savannah. The test was unpleasant but easy and free.
06-19-2020 10:05 AM
sdcritter Offline
All American

I Root For: stAte
I voted we're all going to die but maybe not you folks. Probably just me. I've had the luxury of working from home since this all started. But my wife works in a dental office as an assistant. She won't quit her job. I've asked her to. While they do have the proper PPE so do many of the other health care workers who've contracted it. I suspect she'll bring it home to me. I'm over 60 so it does concern me.
06-19-2020 11:44 AM
chiefsfan Online
No Seriously, they let me be a mod

I Root For: ASU
Work in Health Care. See it pretty regularly. I’ve likely had it by now, so I’m looking for the “I’m not going to let a virus run my life” option
06-19-2020 12:03 PM
JoeJag Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: South Alabama
It may not be from the COVID-19 virus, but we will all..........,you know. I guess i let the-cat-outta-the-bag on how I voted.
06-19-2020 12:06 PM
Advertisement

EagleNationRising Offline
1st String

I Root For: GaSouthern
I’ve been cautious for months. Wear my masks when I got out to get stuff. I am now buying food from places but always to go. I then take it home and heat it up. I still regularly play tennis, but at a distance from my peers. It’s my only regular social interaction, and it’s outside. A lady at my church died last month from it, and my boss was put in the hospital from it for a while. That’s the closest I’ve gotten to it.
06-19-2020 12:07 PM
warhawk09 Offline
1st String

I Root For: Bob
Some pretty terrible choices there.
06-19-2020 12:56 PM
Georgia_Power_Company Offline
All American

I Root For: GA Southern
Was always BS not because it wasn't real or dangerous but because it was so poorly managed with too much contradictory information being spouted by so called experts.
06-19-2020 01:11 PM
debragga Offline
1st String

I Root For: ULM
I’m somewhere between the 2nd and 3rd options. I generally wear a mask when I go out, but not all the time.
06-19-2020 01:12 PM
panama Offline
Legend

I Root For: Georgia STATE
(06-19-2020 01:11 PM)Georgia_Power_Company Wrote:  Was always BS not because it wasn't real or dangerous but because it was so poorly managed with too much contradictory information being spouted by so called experts.
The experts told the truth. The people in charge chose to be the Mayor from Jaws.

There is a reason why South Korea with the same information has 12k cases and 280 deaths in a country of 50M

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
06-19-2020 02:23 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

panama Offline
Legend

I Root For: Georgia STATE
(06-19-2020 10:00 AM)FloridaJag Wrote:  I have to protect my 80 plus year old parents.
Hate to agree with FJ...no really...but in a nutshell.

My father is 80 in a nursing home and has tested positive three times now. Asymptomatic.

My 82 year old mother has had sickness and surgeries since 2013 that have left her compromised.

My 85 year old mother in law has COPD so can't get this at all.

06-19-2020 02:27 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
OsageJ Online
Sun Belt Nationalist

My sister who is 61 works in a nursing home. She wore all the PPE required. She got it and has been sick. Mostly stomach problems. It seems to be subsiding for her. No respiratory problems. There have been 5 residents that have died there.
06-19-2020 03:43 PM
chiefsfan Online
No Seriously, they let me be a mod

I Root For: ASU
(06-19-2020 02:27 PM)panama Wrote:  
(06-19-2020 10:00 AM)FloridaJag Wrote:  I have to protect my 80 plus year old parents.
Hate to agree with FJ...no really...but in a nutshell.

My father is 80 in a nursing home and has tested positive three times now. Asymptomatic.

My 82 year old mother has had sickness and surgeries since 2013 that have left her compromised.

My 85 year old mother in law has COPD so can't get this at all.

I’m in a weird spot where I don’t have family members that are vulnerable and don’t live with anyone. As a result masks become less common on my end because I can’t think of who I’m protecting. I’ve long accepted I am likely to get it. Just sort of one of those things you have to deal with and move on
06-19-2020 06:12 PM
EigenEagle Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Ga Southern
I stopped giving crap after the media and a good number of "experts" stopped giving a crap during the Amerab Spring. Clearly they don't think it's that bad, why should I?
06-19-2020 06:13 PM
DeanoAPP Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Appalachian
I am totally sympathetic to those that are in the high risk category. My dad has a compromised immune system so I am trying to stay away. I have seen that over 80% of the deaths due to Covid have been with those over 65 and those with a compromised immune system. For the rest of us, we have a more than a 99% chance of survival. I just feel that we need to try and get our lives back to normal as much as possible and get back to work. Some entertainment from sports would be nice to.
06-19-2020 06:18 PM
Advertisement

trueeagle98 Offline
1st String

I Root For: GS Eagles
Total BS. Is the virus real? Yes. Did we prevent anything by shutting down? No. Just delayed it. And for something that in the general population is less fatal than the flu.
06-19-2020 07:03 PM
trueeagle98 Offline
1st String

I Root For: GS Eagles
(06-19-2020 02:23 PM)panama Wrote:  
(06-19-2020 01:11 PM)Georgia_Power_Company Wrote:  Was always BS not because it wasn't real or dangerous but because it was so poorly managed with too much contradictory information being spouted by so called experts.
The experts told the truth. The people in charge chose to be the Mayor from Jaws.

There is a reason why South Korea with the same information has 12k cases and 280 deaths in a country of 50M

I am curious as to have they counted Covid19 deaths in a lot of countries. This virus doesn't magically dissapear because people spend a few weeks in solitary. I'm sure they were able to do a better job in containment, but our numbers of dead are so inflated its comical.
06-19-2020 07:08 PM
sdcritter Offline
All American

So it’s OK to kill off us old folks because chances are good you’ll survive. You guys really hate us boomers that much?04-jawdrop

Seriously, just put on a mask. That’s all I ask.
06-19-2020 08:06 PM
Georgia_Power_Company Offline
All American

I Root For: GA Southern
(06-19-2020 02:23 PM)panama Wrote:  

You should do a little research on South Korea. They did a very good job with the virus but the vast majority of those infected were younger in South Korea and therefore most survived. In Italy where Covid-19 effected mostly elderly the death rate was tremendous. Here it has been a mixed bag but very poorly managed by all involved both with our domestic agency's and organizations like the WHO.
06-19-2020 08:23 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.