Cincinnati Bearcats

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

How Bout Them Bearcats
Bookmark and Share
rtaylor Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Bearcats
How Bout Them Bearcats
Anyone? Heard that Wiggins kid is supposed to be pretty good.

06-18-2020 06:45 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Bear Catlett Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UC
RE: How Bout Them Bearcats
CANT WAIT for football season !!!

06-18-2020 07:32 PM
Bruce Monnin Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Cincinnati
Both football and basketball season appear to be highly worth anticipation.

06-18-2020 08:17 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
RuckleSt Offline
All American

Toungue RE: How Bout Them Bearcats
(06-18-2020 08:17 PM)Bruce Monnin Wrote:  Both football and basketball season appear to be highly worth anticipation.

No doubt, I don't think we've had a football team this deep since 2009. The big question will be can Ridder take that next step forward and be elite. If the answer is yes, then I think we could have a special year because the Defense looks to be very stout on paper. With basketball, I'm excited to see all of the new players. There are so many unknowns with all of the Freshmen and transfers, but that's fun from a fan perspective. Go Cats! 04-rock

06-18-2020 09:23 PM
doss2 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: BEARCATS
Before we get too excited, remember there were 5 games that easily could have gone either way (margin 7 or less). UCF, ECU, USF, Temple and Memphis II. We won 4 of them.

06-18-2020 10:17 PM
bearcat54 Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
(06-18-2020 10:17 PM)doss2 Wrote:  Before we get too excited, remember there were 5 games that easily could have gone either way (margin 7 or less). UCF, ECU, USF, Temple and Memphis II. We won 4 of them.

we just knew Doss 2 was gonna be negative. haha

06-18-2020 11:16 PM
Advertisement

MickMack Offline
All American

I Root For: UC!
(06-18-2020 11:16 PM)bearcat54 Wrote:  
(06-18-2020 10:17 PM)doss2 Wrote:  Before we get too excited, remember there were 5 games that easily could have gone either way (margin 7 or less). UCF, ECU, USF, Temple and Memphis II. We won 4 of them.

Look on the bright side - no negativity about food in the suites. Yet.

06-18-2020 11:23 PM
Bearcatbdub Offline
Heisman

I Root For: The 'Cats! duh!
(06-18-2020 09:23 PM)RuckleSt Wrote:  
(06-18-2020 08:17 PM)Bruce Monnin Wrote:  Both football and basketball season appear to be highly worth anticipation.

No doubt, I don't think we've had a football team this deep since 2009. The big question will be can Ridder take that next step forward and be elite. If the answer is yes, then I think we could have a special year because the Defense looks to be very stout on paper. With basketball, I'm excited to see all of the new players. There are so many unknowns with all of the Freshmen and transfers, but that's fun from a fan perspective. Go Cats! 04-rock

Elite? I will settle for him being good, or maybe solid. I don’t think he’a suddenly turning into John Elway.

06-18-2020 11:41 PM
Dannyboy Offline
All American

Winners get it done.

06-19-2020 04:40 AM
CliftonAve Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Jimmy Nippert

I think we often forget that Luke has a lot mire Jim Tressel in him than Urban Meyer. After three years this is how this team wins: defense, special teams and moving the chains on offense. I think we will continue to see several close wins.

06-19-2020 05:59 AM
Ragpicker Offline
All American

I Root For: Black & Gold
Donators
Incredibly excited for this football season. But only if fans will be able to attend games. And not just Nippert but in Nebraska and Orlando.

If not, then it will be just silly scrimmages. And I personally will pay very little attention. No emotion, no pageantry - just a bunch of kids going through the motions.

06-19-2020 06:21 AM
Advertisement

bearcatmark Online

I Root For: the Deliverator
(06-19-2020 06:21 AM)Ragpicker Wrote:  Incredibly excited for this football season. But only if fans will be able to attend games. And not just Nippert but in Nebraska and Orlando.

If not, then it will be just silly scrimmages. And I personally will pay very little attention. No emotion, no pageantry - just a bunch of kids going through the motions.

I'd be shocked if there wasn't at the very least a cap on attendance that significantly reduces capacity. I think it's likely there won't be fans in attendance.

I was looking forward to my trip to Nebraska but I get it.

06-19-2020 06:27 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Ragpicker Offline
All American

Donators
(06-19-2020 06:27 AM)bearcatmark Wrote:  
(06-19-2020 06:21 AM)Ragpicker Wrote:  Incredibly excited for this football season. But only if fans will be able to attend games. And not just Nippert but in Nebraska and Orlando.

I'd be shocked if there wasn't at the very least a cap on attendance that significantly reduces capacity. I think it's likely there won't be fans in attendance.

I was looking forward to my trip to Nebraska but I get it.

Considering the hypocrisy of health recommendations, I wouldn't be surprised that 20 P5 schools most likely to win a National Championship are allowed fans at home games only - all remaining schools must keep the safety and well-being of players, coaches, and students as a top priority so fans will not be admitted.

Don't want anyone killing grandma at those lower tier schools. But its ok to kill grandma for a National Championship because college football is the way of life for Alabama, Clemson, Oklahoma, and Ohio State for over a hundred years. Its an institution that those lower class of colleges simply don't understand.

(This post was last modified: 06-19-2020 06:56 AM by Ragpicker.)
06-19-2020 06:55 AM
RealDeal Offline
Heisman

It's a valid argument that our record was inflated by a game or two. However even if you consider us a 9 win team last year expectations should be off the charts with the returning talent. If our passing game is average this should be our best team since 2009.

Sent from my SM-T720 using Tapatalk

06-19-2020 07:30 AM
Bruce Monnin Offline
Hall of Famer

(06-19-2020 07:30 AM)RealDeal Wrote:  It's a valid argument that our record was inflated by a game or two. However even if you consider us a 9 win team last year expectations should be off the charts with the returning talent. If our passing game is average this should be our best team since 2009.

Take the Vegas over for wins this year. We will continue to win the close ones.

06-19-2020 07:40 AM
nachoman91 Offline
All American

I Root For: UC Bearcats
(06-19-2020 07:40 AM)Bruce Monnin Wrote:  
(06-19-2020 07:30 AM)RealDeal Wrote:  It's a valid argument that our record was inflated by a game or two. However even if you consider us a 9 win team last year expectations should be off the charts with the returning talent. If our passing game is average this should be our best team since 2009.

Agreed. Take the over. Vegas has UC as 8.5 wins. If they don't win more than that it will be a very very disappointing season.

06-19-2020 08:08 AM
Advertisement

robertfoshizzle Offline
Heisman

(06-19-2020 08:08 AM)nachoman91 Wrote:  
(06-19-2020 07:40 AM)Bruce Monnin Wrote:  

Agreed. Take the over. Vegas has UC as 8.5 wins. If they don't win more than that it will be a very very disappointing season.

Not sure what Vegas thinks they know that we don't, but I feel the line should be at least 9.5.

06-19-2020 09:39 AM
bearcat54 Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
(06-18-2020 11:23 PM)MickMack Wrote:  
(06-18-2020 11:16 PM)bearcat54 Wrote:  

Look on the bright side - no negativity about food in the suites. Yet.

Lol.....funny.

06-19-2020 09:52 AM
skylinecat Offline
Special Teams

I'm disappointed as well, but I don't think the kids are going to somehow try less hard. Plus I'd imagine they will still have the bands there and maybe admit students only. I can't see why students can pack into a 150 person lecture hall on friday but can't sit next to each other on Saturday. Anyone that played high school sports that weren't basketball or football grew up playing with no fans and still gave it their all.

06-19-2020 10:12 AM
Ragpicker Offline
All American

Donators
(06-19-2020 10:12 AM)skylinecat Wrote:  

I'm disappointed as well, but I don't think the kids are going to somehow try less hard. Plus I'd imagine they will still have the bands there and maybe admit students only. I can't see why students can pack into a 150 person lecture hall on friday but can't sit next to each other on Saturday. Anyone that played high school sports that weren't basketball or football grew up playing with no fans and still gave it their all.
Sorry, but not just disappointed. I've been a high school coach for 15 years, and a collegiate one for 3 years. Sports played without emotion and fan support will be far less than its potential. And the risk of injury will go up as players get tired later in a contest with no fan support. We have all heard a thousand times from players "you guys were great. You carried us through."

And who in the hell is the band going to play for. The players will be in the locker room.

06-19-2020 11:43 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.