Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

AAC Preseason Position Reviews
BraveKnight Offline
All American

I Root For: UCF
Exclamation AAC Preseason Position Reviews
(This post was last modified: 07-16-2020 02:14 AM by BraveKnight.)
06-14-2020 11:15 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

BraveKnight Offline
All American

RE: AAC Preseason Position Reviews
Also a Tulane specific QB position review:
https://www.underdogdynasty.com/2020/6/1...howard-aac
06-14-2020 11:16 AM
SMUleopold Offline
1st String

I Root For: Guess, genius..
(06-14-2020 11:15 AM)BraveKnight Wrote:  From Underdog Dynasty:

RB:
https://www.underdogdynasty.com/2020/6/1...s-anderson

Not shocked or upset that we're sitting at #11, but the coaches are acting like we're good to go at that position and have backed off signing a RB transfer while loading up in other areas.

The whole 'wait and see' moniker seems fair, just excited to see how it pans out for us.
06-14-2020 04:44 PM
Indiana Bones Offline
1st String

I Root For: ECU
(06-14-2020 04:44 PM)SMUleopold Wrote:  
(06-14-2020 11:15 AM)BraveKnight Wrote:  From Underdog Dynasty:

RB:
https://www.underdogdynasty.com/2020/6/1...s-anderson

Not shocked or upset that we're sitting at #11, but the coaches are acting like we're good to go at that position and have backed off signing a RB transfer while loading up in other areas.

The whole 'wait and see' moniker seems fair, just excited to see how it pans out for us.

ECU in the same category but...

Chase Hayden adds new dimension to ECU running back competition

https://247sports.com/college/east-carol...148167117/

He averaged 4.7 yards per tote over his 130 attempts for 616 yards during his 2 seasons at Arkansas. Redshirted last year and has 2 more years of eligibility remaining.

The Memphis, Tenn., native signed with ECU this offseason over several major offers. He joins an offense that suddenly has a number of running back options, including juniors Darius Pinnix and Trace Christian, true sophomore Demetrius Mauney, and true freshmen Rahjai Harris and Keaton Mitchell.
06-14-2020 05:52 PM
SMUleopold Offline
1st String

I Root For: Guess, genius..
Yeah, that kids biggest problem getting on the field was probably named Rakeem Boyd. Good luck to him at ECU.
06-14-2020 06:55 PM
Cattidude Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: Cincinnati
No mention of getting McClelland back from injury. He was dang good running back in his freshmen season. A different type of back compared to the rest. Ford was also looking really good in Spring practice. Montgomery did a good job in mop up duties this past year.

Not worried at all about our RB room and still think it's one of the best in the conference even with the loss of Warren
06-14-2020 08:49 PM
Advertisement

covingtontiger Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Memphis Tigers

Donators
I'm glad to see Memphis getting respect in these two rankings. All of us fans expect another really good year for our Tigers, but injuries (or Covid -19) could totally change this outlook.

I'm hoping that (1) the football season is able to be played without interruption by the pandemic and (2) that I will be able to view the games in person. Our team has talent, so hopefully the rest will take care of itself.
06-14-2020 09:48 PM
JHG722 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Temple
We should've found a grad transfer RB to back up Davis. Really no experience behind him. We have three R-FR/R-SO RBs the coaches like a lot, so hopefully someone steps up.
06-14-2020 11:32 PM
Z-Fly Offline
1st String

I Root For: Cincinnati
(06-14-2020 08:49 PM)Cattidude Wrote:  No mention of getting McClelland back from injury. He was dang good running back in his freshmen season. A different type of back compared to the rest. Ford was also looking really good in Spring practice. Montgomery did a good job in mop up duties this past year.

Not worried at all about our RB room and still think it's one of the best in the conference even with the loss of Warren

I love the Truck, but he might have been the 4th best running back on the team coming into this year. I thought Doaks outplayed him last year, when given the chance.
06-15-2020 06:21 AM
dave108 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: cincy
(06-15-2020 06:21 AM)Z-Fly Wrote:  
(06-14-2020 08:49 PM)Cattidude Wrote:  No mention of getting McClelland back from injury. He was dang good running back in his freshmen season. A different type of back compared to the rest. Ford was also looking really good in Spring practice. Montgomery did a good job in mop up duties this past year.

I love the Truck, but he might have been the 4th best running back on the team coming into this year. I thought Doaks outplayed him last year, when given the chance.

warren just had that mindset of putting the team on his back, and getting that big yard (or two) when it was needed - his contributions were as much about mental toughness, as they were physical - the question is, who steps up this year in that room? who's going to be the leader?
06-15-2020 07:33 AM
dave108 Offline
Special Teams

warren just had that mindset of putting the team on his back, and getting that big yard (or two) when it was needed - his contributions were as much about mental toughness, as they were physical - the question is, who steps up this year in that room? who's going to be the leader?
06-15-2020 07:33 AM
Advertisement

Hurricane Drummer Offline
All American

I Root For: Tulsa
The Tulsa running back room will consist of the 1st 3-headed monster we've had since the 2012 C-USA Championship team that had Watts, Douglas, and Singelton.
This time it's Shamari Brooks, Corey Taylor, and T.K. Wilkerson. All 3 are good running backs that can hurt you in different ways.
06-15-2020 11:56 AM
oliveandblue Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Tulane
I have a feeling Tulane is gonna run the ball on about 70% of snaps en route to another 7-6. We need a breakthrough at QB to go from "middle four" to "top four".
06-15-2020 03:24 PM
Greenwavedrownsacat Offline
Special Teams

(06-14-2020 11:16 AM)BraveKnight Wrote:  Also a Tulane specific QB position review:
https://www.underdogdynasty.com/2020/6/1...howard-aac

Thanks for posting but man this writer doesn’t know anything. He thinks we didn’t admit Jett Duffy because of his grades . . . Not because of his one rape charge, and then second rape charge that we discovered as he was applying. Oh brother
(This post was last modified: 06-15-2020 09:04 PM by Greenwavedrownsacat.)
06-15-2020 09:04 PM
rosewater Offline
Heisman

I cannot disagree more. Doaks is a physical freak, but if you need a yard, you go to the truck. He has hard to measure intangibles. He has superior balance, vision and the ability to break tackles. I like Doaks a lot, but I can see Ford beating him out for first team.
06-15-2020 09:10 PM
oliveandblue Offline
Heisman

(06-15-2020 11:56 AM)Hurricane Drummer Wrote:  The Tulsa running back room will consist of the 1st 3-headed monster we've had since the 2012 C-USA Championship team that had Watts, Douglas, and Singelton.
This time it's Shamari Brooks, Corey Taylor, and T.K. Wilkerson. All 3 are good running backs that can hurt you in different ways.

What doomed Tulsa last year was a defense that casually went missing in key games. You moved the ball pretty well last season.
06-15-2020 11:52 PM
Advertisement

All American

(06-15-2020 11:52 PM)oliveandblue Wrote:  
(06-15-2020 11:56 AM)Hurricane Drummer Wrote:  The Tulsa running back room will consist of the 1st 3-headed monster we've had since the 2012 C-USA Championship team that had Watts, Douglas, and Singelton.

What doomed Tulsa last year was a defense that casually went missing in key games. You moved the ball pretty well last season.

I wouldn't quite put it like that. Our oline was pretty bad last year which caused our offense to stall out for about half of each game last year (even though the offense did improve from the previous year). Our defense did amazing things but would wear out from being on the field so long, and was also susceptible to slow starts and giving up early points. The game against Ok State displayed all this pretty well.
06-16-2020 06:36 AM
Nevadanatural Offline
1st String

Don’t forget the games we would have won the last couple of years if we’d had a kicker, including a road game at Texas in 2018. Last year a kicker would have given us wins over Memphis and SMU at a minimum and maybe more.
06-17-2020 10:24 PM
All American

(06-17-2020 10:24 PM)Nevadanatural Wrote:  Don’t forget the games we would have won the last couple of years if we’d had a kicker, including a road game at Texas in 2018. Last year a kicker would have given us wins over Memphis and SMU at a minimum and maybe more.

That's very true. Glad someone finally got the bright idea to go sign a scholarship worthy kicker.
(This post was last modified: 06-17-2020 10:53 PM by Hurricane Drummer.)
06-17-2020 10:52 PM
BraveKnight Offline
All American

Updated for WRs.

Also, a Tulane specific RBs preview:
https://www.underdogdynasty.com/2020/6/1...-jones-aac
06-19-2020 12:28 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.