Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

NAIA's Allen Is Applying To Join D2
DavidSt Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: ATU, P7
NAIA's Allen Is Applying To Join D2
Allen Applying To Join D2

NCAA D2 is reporting that Allen and D'Youville applied to join D2, No Edward Waters applying. I guest they got an invite to SIAC because the status of Paine staying in the NCAA's since they lost their accreditation.
06-05-2020 01:18 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

AZcats Offline
1st String

I Root For: stAte, af, zona
RE: NAIA's Allen Is Applying To Join D2
This was already posted more than 2 weeks ago.

Edward Waters can not apply until February 2022 because they are on NAIA probation. EWC does have a SIAC invite for full membership but it is not because of the situation at Paine College, it stems from EWC having a football scheduling partnership with the SIAC.

Paine College is accredited. ACCREDITATION AND MEMBERSHIPS
06-05-2020 03:32 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Nerdlinger Offline
Realignment Enthusiast

I Root For: Realignment!
(06-05-2020 03:32 PM)AZcats Wrote:  This was already posted more than 2 weeks ago.

Edward Waters can not apply until February 2022 because they are on NAIA probation. EWC does have a SIAC invite for full membership but it is not because of the situation at Paine College, it stems from EWC having a football scheduling partnership with the SIAC.

Paine was recently accredited by the Transnational Association of Christian Colleges and Schools after having lost its accreditation with the Southern Association of College and Schools. The former is significantly less prestigious.
(This post was last modified: 06-05-2020 03:47 PM by Nerdlinger.)
06-05-2020 03:41 PM
Advertisement

teamvsn Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: NAIA
(06-05-2020 03:41 PM)Nerdlinger Wrote:  
(06-05-2020 03:32 PM)AZcats Wrote:  This was already posted more than 2 weeks ago.

Paine was recently accredited by the Transnational Association of Christian Colleges and Schools after having lost its accreditation with the Southern Association of College and Schools. The former is significantly less prestigious.

The NAIA doesn't accept TRACS accreditation and I would be surprised if the NCAA does.
(This post was last modified: 06-05-2020 03:56 PM by teamvsn.)
06-05-2020 03:55 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
DavidSt Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: ATU, P7

Tell that to Morris Brown. NCAA do not accept TRACs.
06-05-2020 04:04 PM
AZcats Offline
1st String

I Root For: stAte, af, zona
Where did I say anything about the NCAA in Paine's accreditation link? David keeps saying "they lost their accreditation" and I provided a link to the school's site that shows what accreditations Paine has. While Paine has lost its status with SACS, the school is still accredited and eligible to receive federal funds so the statement "they lost their accreditation" is not completely true. "Paine College lost SACS accreditation" is a full-on true statement. The D2 membership committee has had continued conversations with the school and Paine is on the agenda for discussion during the July meeting.
06-05-2020 05:46 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.