D3 Pine Manor College Will Merge Into Boston College After Approval
DavidSt Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: ATU, P7
D3 Pine Manor College Will Merge Into Boston College After Approval
Pine Manor To Merge With Boston College

Another small school bit the dust.
05-18-2020 11:04 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

IWokeUpLikeThis Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: NIU, Chicago St
RE: D3 Pine Manor College Will Merge Into Boston College After Approval
It might be hard to believe, but the writing was on the wall...literally here at CSNbbs.

The Grim Reaper actually predicted it almost 2 years ago to the day:

(05-23-2018 08:10 AM)DavidSt Wrote:  With a number of colleges and universities shutting down in a mass numbers in recent years from Lon Morris in the NJCAA to Saint Joseph's Indiana in D2, we could see more schools in trouble.

Private Colleges Fail, In Debt

This article came out last year. 177 private colleges which 112 are not for profit are in danger. Several on the list already closed down like Dowling, Mount Ida, Saint Gregory's, Bacone and others. If a school have a 1.5 or below are failing. bacone had a 1.7 rating, but still closing. Here are some schools that could be the next ones to close which some do play D1 sports.

Pine Manor 1.2

All this are private schools. This does not show how bad the public school's debts are. 3 is perfect record that a lot of d1 and D2 schools have. between 1.5 to 2.0 is on the border of failure. Below 1.5 gets a school a fail grade. A lot of schools that closed in recent years have a fail grade below 1.5 except for Bacone who had a 1.7. This could be also the next big realignment talks that have to do with the small private schools who have major debt.
05-18-2020 11:33 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Captain Bearcat Offline
All-American in Everything

I Root For: UC
Apparently Pine Manor College is on 40 beautiful acres... and is only 1.1 mile from Boston College's 175-acre main campus.

Sounds like a GREAT deal for BC.
05-18-2020 11:53 AM
kmdhoya Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: Georgetown
A 40 acre campus for 350 total students? A nice pickup for BC.
05-18-2020 01:50 PM
Advertisement

Stugray2 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: tOSU SJSU Stan'
Bingo! Pine Manor had the foresight to be next to a major private University when they decided to go belly up. Smart real estate pickup for BC. School buildings already in place, could serve as some sort of adjunct.

Now if some of those other failing schools can be within 4 miles of a major private school ...
05-19-2020 01:23 AM
TexanMark Offline
Legend

I Root For: Syracuse
(05-18-2020 01:50 PM)kmdhoya Wrote:  A 40 acre campus for 350 total students? A nice pickup for BC.

What I was thinking...BC is buying it for the land.
05-19-2020 03:16 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
The Cutter of Bish Offline
Heisman

I Root For: the little guy
It was a school with some interesting history to it. Given its mission, it was easier to absorb than other schools. Got a chuckle that it sold some land to Tom Brady.

The thing about mergers are that you still acquire the problems. But, in PMC’s case, you had a school that worked its way out of accreditation woes, but simply couldn’t bring in students and stay healthy financially. Definitely helped out by old money.
05-21-2020 06:03 AM
pablowow Offline
1st String

I Root For: TULANE/AAC
Loyola University needs to sell to Tulane... Loyola is struggling for students and Tulane is directly next door and needs more room because it is growing big time... Tulane has already had to shift almost all graduate programs downtown around the medical school...
05-22-2020 09:29 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.