Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Aresco Interview
gulfcoastgal Offline
All American

I Root For: Memphis Tigers
Aresco Interview
Could be interesting. I don't have SXM so someone else will have to recap.
04-14-2020 02:34 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Pony94 Offline

I Root For: SMU
RE: Aresco Interview
SiriusXM has announced that it is making its subscription-based radio programming free until May 15.

I have a subscription and will try to listen
04-14-2020 02:38 PM
MidknightWhiskey Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: UCF
anyone have a transcript or cliff notes for this?
04-14-2020 07:37 PM
CougarRed Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Houston
In talks with Georgia State to replace UConn, said Aresco never.
04-15-2020 05:49 AM
gulfcoastgal Offline
All American

04-15-2020 07:53 AM
gulfcoastgal Offline
All American

04-15-2020 07:54 AM
Advertisement

gulfcoastgal Offline
All American

04-15-2020 09:08 AM
TU77CAL82 Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Tulane
05-15-2020 12:24 PM
SMUstang Offline
Banned

I Root For: SMU Mustangs
(05-15-2020 12:24 PM)TU77CAL82 Wrote:  May 14 interview:

https://wwl.radio.com/media/audio-channe...n-the-fall

Very encouraging
05-15-2020 01:01 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
gulfcoastgal Offline
All American

From a couple of days ago, worth a listen.

https://sports56whbq.com/shows/sportstim...-and-stats
05-15-2020 08:40 PM
Bearcatdh58 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Cincinnati
Having your non revenue sports play regional teams followed by a conference tournament is so smart. That is very good approach and will save tons of money.😎

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using CSNbbs mobile app
05-17-2020 11:31 AM
Advertisement

Joprior23 Offline
1st String

I Root For: UH

Care to give a recap?
05-17-2020 11:47 AM
TripleA Offline
Legend

Memphis Hall of Fame
(05-17-2020 11:47 AM)Joprior23 Wrote:  

Care to give a recap?

RECAP:

Planning on having reopened campuses and fall sports, with maybe one or two schools missing. Maybe not all students on all campuses, but lots of students have remained on campus through this.

The question is what the protocol is to keep students safe.

Issue can be with some state governors. We know we're good with most states in our conference. Others can come and play in Florida, though.

I don't see any reason why if they give us a green light that we don't play the season. We need maybe 6 weeks to get ready for football, but we seem to be moving in that direction.

Why wait until later in the year when we might have a resurgence?

Ideally, we want tests on the day of the game, with rapid results. Nothing is 100%, but we'll make it as close to possible. And maybe test after the games.

It's going to be expensive, but we have to do it.

It's only mid-May, but we have until July to make this decision.

May be without fans, of course.

And have to answer other questions, like what do we do if somebody tests positive? Don't have answers yet on what if some teams can play, others can't. Some can start early, others later.

Have an AAC medical advisory group to help us. Have Tulane with a great med school, and Navy with the DoD expertise. Other schools are in areas that have major medical accessibility.

Maybe non-conference games canceled. If some states can go, and others not, we prefer to play.

Right now we don't know about fans. Our campuses are looking at ways to reconfigure seats and put in other safety measures. Maybe 25% to start, with gradual increases. Maybe take everybody's temp with distance. Maybe no concessions.

Will know more by July 1 than now. Maybe we can add fans as we learn and go. Fans won't be tested, too difficult.

I'm reasonably confident we will have football in the fall in some form. 74% of schools say they plan to reopen in the fall. Maybe not with 100% students, but with some percentage on campus.

Have to accommodate people over 65 and with underlying conditions. Maybe some of them have to sit out.

Open question that if you only have online classes, even then, you can protect 100 football players easier than 30,000 students.

Not sure what will happen with California schools. May have to go without them.

Every question we ask causes 10 more. But health and safety are paramount.

We'll figure it out. We're hopeful not to eliminate any sports at all.

Testing is the key. Don't want to take any away from the community. Think that should be okay.

Moving football later in the season seems to be on the back burner now. The focus is on playing in the fall. Right now, things are moving in the right direction, and we'll see where it goes.
(This post was last modified: 05-17-2020 03:50 PM by TripleA.)
05-17-2020 03:42 PM
MidknightWhiskey Offline
Special Teams

(05-15-2020 08:40 PM)gulfcoastgal Wrote:  From a couple of days ago, worth a listen.

https://sports56whbq.com/shows/sportstim...-and-stats

He didn’t seem to like the questions at the end about potentially having members “temporarily” playing in P5’s this year for members that won’t be able to.
05-17-2020 05:21 PM
sierrajip Offline
Heisman

(04-15-2020 05:49 AM)CougarRed Wrote:  In talks with Georgia State to replace UConn, said Aresco never.

Crap.
05-18-2020 12:41 AM
CoastalJuan Offline
Business Drunk

I Root For: ECU
It seems like a regional model for a sport like baseball would be tough to achieve without a bunch of other conferences getting in on it. It would be tough to schedule teams that are still doing conference play.

That said, me and ECU's RPI would enjoy a world where we play more of the regional ACC/SEC teams ahead of the AAC tournament.
05-18-2020 10:16 AM
Advertisement

Attackcoog Offline

I Root For: Houston
(05-18-2020 10:16 AM)CoastalJuan Wrote:  It seems like a regional model for a sport like baseball would be tough to achieve without a bunch of other conferences getting in on it. It would be tough to schedule teams that are still doing conference play.

That said, me and ECU's RPI would enjoy a world where we play more of the regional ACC/SEC teams ahead of the AAC tournament.

Not only would it not work well without multiple conferences participating---I also would think it would require NCAA approval. I wonder if the minimal level of interaction between conference schools would be sufficient to satisfy the minimum sports played together requirement for sponsoring FBS. My guess is the NCAA would probably ok the move---at least temporarily given the Covid-19 situation---but I suspect we would still need approval.
(This post was last modified: 05-18-2020 10:29 AM by Attackcoog.)
05-18-2020 10:25 AM
CoastalJuan Offline
Business Drunk

(05-18-2020 10:25 AM)Attackcoog Wrote:  
(05-18-2020 10:16 AM)CoastalJuan Wrote:  It seems like a regional model for a sport like baseball would be tough to achieve without a bunch of other conferences getting in on it. It would be tough to schedule teams that are still doing conference play.

Not only would it not work well without multiple conferences participating---I also would think it would require NCAA approval. I wonder if the minimal level of interaction between conference schools would be sufficient to satisfy the minimum sports played together requirement for sponsoring FBS. My guess is the NCAA would probably ok the move---at least temporarily given the Covid-19 situation---but I suspect we would still need approval.

Yeah that's a valid concern. Although, Aresco mentioned that swimming and diving, for example, already does something similar. So I don't think there is a worry that it will create loopholes for football. Either way, I'm sure they'll clear any moves with the NCAA.
(This post was last modified: 05-18-2020 10:57 AM by CoastalJuan.)
05-18-2020 10:56 AM
gulfcoastgal Offline
All American

Aresco on now

https://soundcloud.com/user-413632779/bu...usf-health

Lots of pats on backs. Wouldn’t give a number on the tv deal, but said “Everybody knows what it is.” Talked about ESPN+ and Olympic sports scheduling. AAC stands for ‘Merica...upward mobility (Paraphrase). Mentioned an internal study using 34 different metrics, and the AAC was number one in every category in comparison to other G5’s...closer to P5 than G5. Gonna push hard for an auto bid in any expanded playoff. Said he’ll fight for the conference. Decent listen besides the fluff.
(This post was last modified: 05-29-2020 06:43 PM by gulfcoastgal.)
05-29-2020 05:33 PM
CoastalJuan Offline
Business Drunk

Aresco Interview
(05-29-2020 05:33 PM)gulfcoastgal Wrote:  Aresco on now

https://soundcloud.com/user-413632779/bu...usf-health

Lots of pats on backs. Wouldn’t give a number on the tv deal, but said “Everybody knows what it is.” Talked about ESPN+ and Olympic sports scheduling. AAC stands for ‘Merica...upward mobility (Paraphrase). Mentioned an internal study using 34 different metrics, and the AAC was number one in every category in comparison to other G5’s...closer to P5 than G5. Gonna push hard for an auto bid in any expanded playoff. Said he’ll fight for the conference. Decent listen besides the fluff.

Wait. They are still using Bulls Peed Ahead?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
05-29-2020 09:36 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.