03-30-2020 07:22 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Anders Offline
1st String

I Root For: JMU, Boston Col
RE: WAPO Article on Fringe Prospects
There isn't an official 2020 NFL Draft thread yet so I'll post here:

According to Media, Brandon Polk ran a 4.28 40 yard dash at his private Pro Day 04-jawdrop

04-01-2020 11:57 AM
olddawg Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: JMU
(04-01-2020 11:57 AM)Anders Wrote:  There isn't an official 2020 NFL Draft thread yet so I'll post here:

According to Media, Brandon Polk ran a 4.28 40 yard dash at his private Pro Day 04-jawdrop

Still amazed he wasn't more of a threat against the Bison. With that speed, he'll get a shot somewhere.
(This post was last modified: 04-01-2020 12:08 PM by olddawg.)
04-01-2020 12:07 PM
formerjmusprinter84 Offline
1st String

I Root For: James Madison
He ran a 4.36 prior to attending Penn State so a 4.28 could be legit.
04-01-2020 01:49 PM
JMUNation Offline
All American

The field conditions with the ice making it a slippery track negated his speed and especially his ability to make quick cuts. The field conditions favored the Bison and their power football offense.
04-01-2020 10:26 PM
Advertisement

fishingduke12 Offline
All American

(04-01-2020 10:26 PM)JMUNation Wrote:  The field conditions with the ice making it a slippery track negated his speed and especially his ability to make quick cuts. The field conditions favored the Bison and their power football offense.

Trey lance just scrambled around and made plays all day on the same field. It was poor game planning that didnt allow polk to use his speed
04-02-2020 06:18 AM
KickItToScotty Offline
Heisman

(04-02-2020 06:18 AM)fishingduke12 Wrote:  
(04-01-2020 10:26 PM)JMUNation Wrote:  The field conditions with the ice making it a slippery track negated his speed and especially his ability to make quick cuts. The field conditions favored the Bison and their power football offense.

Trey lance just scrambled around and made plays all day on the same field. It was poor game planning that didnt allow polk to use his speed

Bad field conditions are a QB’s best friend and a defensive line’s worst nightmare. I do agree the game planning was pretty bad, but a QB being able to escape on a bad field is very different from a receiver being able to run routes effectively on a bad field.
04-02-2020 06:39 AM
Dukeman2 Offline
Special Teams

Polk should have been a bigger part of the game plan regardless of conditions.

We got out coached in the Championship game, even the announcers said this during the broadcast.
04-02-2020 07:54 AM
HyperDuke Offline
Hall of Famer

Dukeman always there to drop the knowledge that nobody needs. We all saw the game Captain Obvious.
04-02-2020 07:57 AM
Advertisement

AssyrianDuke Offline
All American

I think what they should have done was score more points.
04-02-2020 11:51 AM
Purple Offline
Heisman

I agree. We should have whipped the smelly Bisons by 10+ points.
04-02-2020 12:49 PM
Purple Offline
Heisman

(04-02-2020 11:51 AM)AssyrianDuke Wrote:  I think what they should have done was score more points.

Yep! And, in order to do that, all we had to do was duplicate the first drive, over and over. Our offense on the field in ball control drives would have minimized Trey Lance's opportunities to move the smelly Bisons down the field. The smellies' glaring weakness was run D. We were running the ball down their throats. But, we decided "Yeah, they can't stop us on the ground, but what the heck, let's have Nooch throw 33 passes." Still scratching my head over that.

Sidenote: There is a lot of talk of Lance entering the transfer portal, being especially courted by Big Ten schools.
(This post was last modified: 04-02-2020 01:02 PM by Purple.)
04-02-2020 12:58 PM
JMUNation Offline
All American

Trey Lance was tackled behind the line of scrimmage a bunch during that game. His big plays were obvious pass situations where he stepped up in the pocket and took off. I didn’t see much scrambling just wide open field for him on a few plays. Lance is more of a run over you guy than run around you.

The Stapleton brothers had a big day because they were the ones open. They were a huge match up problem for NDSU. The bubble screen and end arounds to Polk weren’t available. I don’t think Polks lack of production was not due to poor game planning. The field conditions and NDSUs defensive schemes meant the TE was open over the middle a lot. Riley just flat out beat his guy for jump balls.

NDSU got across the 50 yard line four times and scored four touchdowns. JMU was in the red zone five times and at the 23 yard line once. They scored two touchdowns and two field goals. That was the major difference in the game.
(This post was last modified: 04-02-2020 01:42 PM by JMUNation.)
04-02-2020 01:39 PM
Advertisement

NJDuke97 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Jmu
Still chaps me to this day and will for sometime that JMU had a legit chance to beat North Dakota State twice in Frisco and missed both times due to mistakes and game plan issues. Make no mistake the Bison are very good and I’m sure they respect JMU but just think of how we would be viewed if we had won both of those games. The program is well thought of nationally as it is but we would be at an even higher level. Missed opportunities.
(This post was last modified: 04-03-2020 08:43 AM by NJDuke97.)
04-03-2020 08:42 AM
Dukester Offline

(04-02-2020 07:54 AM)Dukeman2 Wrote:  Polk should have been a bigger part of the game plan regardless of conditions.

We got out coached in the Championship game, even the announcers said this during the broadcast.

he he - I've still not been able to rewatch yet...... Little too soon....
04-03-2020 12:35 PM
JMURocks Offline
Hall of Famer

(04-03-2020 12:35 PM)Dukester Wrote:  
(04-02-2020 07:54 AM)Dukeman2 Wrote:  Polk should have been a bigger part of the game plan regardless of conditions.

Same here. At the game, my biggest overall impression was we should've run more, dang it. Vaguely recall the other various miscues and errors.
04-03-2020 01:56 PM
Dukester Offline

(04-03-2020 01:56 PM)JMURocks Wrote:  
(04-03-2020 12:35 PM)Dukester Wrote:  

Same here. At the game, my biggest overall impression was we should've run more, dang it. Vaguely recall the other various miscues and errors.

The question I keep asking is how could arguably the best rush defense in the nation not adjust to stop a running QB? I still don't get that.
04-03-2020 03:43 PM
Polish Hammer Offline
King of all Dukes

I Root For: Kent State/James Madison
They did adjust to him, there were a couple big plays sprung by obvious infractions that weren’t called. And like I said in that game thread “Their biggest plays were two pass interferences on horribly thrown balls that were relatively uncatchable, a horribly timed face mask by Carter, a reverse to Sproles severely aided by their TE on the edge locked onto and holding Davis for dear life, a fake field goal with the TE locked on and holding Hampton and a 44 yard TD On 3rd and 23 by Lance sprung by a ridiculously obvious hold on Tutt. Some said we didn’t make adjustments to shadow Lance, believe it or not we did and did a good job of slowing him down as the game got going. He got yards when we got pressure and flushed him out; these guys were laying some hard hits on him, sometimes you just gotta tip your hat.”
(This post was last modified: 04-03-2020 05:05 PM by Polish Hammer.)
04-03-2020 04:57 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.