Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Transfer Portal
Bookmark and Share
trueblue32 Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: Buffalo
Transfer Portal
With the basketball season officially over now. The transfer portal is in full effect. MAC names in the portal so far (some left in season), from Verbal Commits:
Donavan Moore - Toledo
Aaron Etherington - Toledo
Dylan Alderson - Toledo
Gavin Bizeau - Toledo
Jeremy Roscoe - Akron
Marvin Price - Ohio
03-13-2020 12:34 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Dwight Offline
1st String

I Root For: Rockets
RE: Transfer Portal
Toledo attempting to reload after some ill-advised scholarships.
03-13-2020 01:55 PM
Rocket75 Offline
1st String

I Root For: Toledo Rockets
TJ Smith, Toledo
03-13-2020 03:41 PM
Motown Bronco Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: WMU
Holy Toledo
03-13-2020 04:50 PM
H2Oville Rocket Online
Legend

I Root For: Toledo R0ckets
(03-13-2020 04:50 PM)Motown Bronco Wrote:  Holy Toledo

What? Cause 5 of 7 are from Toledo? You think that says some thing? Huh? HUH? Seeing that as a recruit I might be a trifle concerned.
03-13-2020 05:57 PM
Rocket75 Offline
1st String

I Root For: Toledo Rockets
Actually one of the Toledo guys (Bizeau) was dismissed from the team. Therefore, he had no choice but to transfer.
The other 4 decided on their own to move on.
(This post was last modified: 03-13-2020 07:07 PM by Rocket75.)
03-13-2020 07:07 PM
Advertisement

Jerry Weaver Offline
All American

I Root For: EMU
(03-13-2020 05:57 PM)H2Oville Rocket Wrote:  
(03-13-2020 04:50 PM)Motown Bronco Wrote:  Holy Toledo

What? Cause 5 of 7 are from Toledo? You think that says some thing? Huh? HUH? Seeing that as a recruit I might be a trifle concerned.

Honestly this looks like EMU last year. Other than Alderson and McAdoo at EMU last season, none of these transfers did anything of significance. Most likely they will end up where they truly belonged from a basketball standpoint, at a D2 school. TK had some recruiting misses, and subsequently his thin bench this year dearly cost him.

Nevertheless, now that Hawk is gone, the MAC West has ONLY ONE coach with a better than .500 conference record. Todd.
03-13-2020 07:19 PM
kreed5120 Offline
1st String

I Root For: Akron
Akron had a lot of transfers after Groce first season. It's really only a loss if its believed these guys would have been positive contributors in the future. If not, that just frees up scholarships to add players who can be.
03-13-2020 07:59 PM
pono Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
Toledo lost the last 3 guys on its bench and a rotation backup who couldn't get anything done as a junior and was gonna lose minutes to incoming recruits. the big question at toledo is the recovery of 2019 top recruit matias acunzo. with aj edu fully cleared after his ACL the rockets will replace a strong offensive center, knapke, with a strong defenseive center in Edu. but they really need a couple complementary forwards. just signed 6-6 g/f named millner from juco/cleve st/originally michigan. there is a longshot willie jackson gets another year. he only played 3 years of college ball due to technicalities of his early freshman year transfer from missouri to UT, never played a full college season and missed his jr and sr year postseasons (injury/corona cancellations). legit student/athlete who deserves a full college season and the chance to play all 4 years.
03-14-2020 03:39 PM
trueblue32 Offline
Water Engineer

Anyeuri Castillo - Kent State
Lucas Kroft - Ball State
03-16-2020 09:16 PM
kreed5120 Offline
1st String

Jaden Sayles - Akron
03-17-2020 12:40 PM
Advertisement

trueblue32 Offline
Water Engineer

Damari Parris - EMU
03-20-2020 07:05 PM
trueblue32 Offline
Water Engineer

Justin Turner - BG

The first big name
03-22-2020 04:53 PM
Jerry Weaver Offline
All American

(03-22-2020 04:53 PM)trueblue32 Wrote:  Justin Turner - BG

The first big name

The proud Mid American Conference thus has become a "farm team" for the majors. I can't blame the kid, it is what it is.
03-22-2020 06:34 PM
cleveland Offline
1st String

I Root For: basketball
(03-22-2020 06:34 PM)Jerry Weaver Wrote:  

The first big name

The proud Mid American Conference thus has become a "farm team" for the majors. I can't blame the kid, it is what it is.

For every All-MAC caliber player that succeeds after transferring out of the MAC, it seems 3/4 others fail.

I know it's a sign of the times, but it still amazes me kids so easily leave where they have built the foundation for a legacy for what more often than not is a pipe dream.

They have to see it as the evidence is clearly out there .... but still they do it.
03-22-2020 06:39 PM
Jerry Weaver Offline
All American

(03-22-2020 06:39 PM)cleveland Wrote:  

The first big name

For every All-MAC caliber player that succeeds after transferring out of the MAC, it seems 3/4 others fail.

I know it's a sign of the times, but it still amazes me kids so easily leave where they have built the foundation for a legacy for what more often than not is a pipe dream.

They have to see it as the evidence is clearly out there .... but still they do it.

You are correct to a certain degree about the failure. This kid is probably not going to get drafted BUT if he transfers to say, Michigan, he is good enough to get playing time in front of huge crowds and the media coverage the program generates.

He could stay, however, at BGSU and win a MAC crown while playing in front of sparse crowds and getting an occasional mention in the Toledo media. I can't blame him for leaving.
03-22-2020 06:52 PM
Advertisement

cleveland Offline
1st String

I Root For: basketball
(03-22-2020 06:52 PM)Jerry Weaver Wrote:  

The first big name

You are correct to a certain degree about the failure. This kid is probably not going to get drafted BUT if he transfers to say, Michigan, he is good enough to get playing time in front of huge crowds and the media coverage the program generates.

He could stay, however, at BGSU and win a MAC crown while playing in front of sparse crowds and getting an occasional mention in the Toledo media. I can't blame him for leaving.

But that reward is so singular ... 3 years later - shy of hitting some big game-winning shot - he's just a name in the box score on a team that went to the NCAA Tournament,

Get BG to the NCAA Tournament and he takes along a school, a fan base and a league that will remember him for decades.

Michigan (for example) will always be bigger than him ... stay and dekiver and he will always be bigger than BG.
03-22-2020 07:29 PM
kreed5120 Offline
1st String

(03-22-2020 07:29 PM)cleveland Wrote:  
(03-22-2020 06:52 PM)Jerry Weaver Wrote:  

The first big name

But that reward is so singular ... 3 years later - shy of hitting some big game-winning shot - he's just a name in the box score on a team that went to the NCAA Tournament,

Get BG to the NCAA Tournament and he takes along a school, a fan base and a league that will remember him for decades.

Michigan (for example) will always be bigger than him ... stay and dekiver and he will always be bigger than BG.

He seems to have plenty of options. Reportedly 30 schools reached out to him within an hour of him being on the portal. It's hard to fault kids for leaving.

This bold section is a big if. Bowling Green would have in all likelihood been the favorite to win the MAC if all their players returned, but I'd still give them less than a 20% chance of actually winning the conference's auto-bid. He may have to settle being the 4th scoring option on a tourney caliber P6 team, like Utomi did this year at USC, but he certainly will have an improved chance of experiencing March Madness. It's all about what's more important to the individual player.

https://twitter.com/GoodmanHoops/status/...0246350857
03-23-2020 01:10 PM
Jerry Weaver Offline
All American

All of us on this site are rabid fans of MAC basketball, otherwise why would we be here?

That said, if Justin Turner stays and becomes a legend at BGSU, does it really mean much? The King of a one bid NCAA tourney league team is hardly something anyone would revere outside of the huge city of Bowling Green, Ohio. I hate to say it but the MAC is severely lacking in prestige with respect to the Major conferences. We are who we are, name the last time a MAC BB player got drafted.
03-23-2020 06:37 PM
H2Oville Rocket Online
Legend

I Root For: Toledo R0ckets
(03-23-2020 06:37 PM)Jerry Weaver Wrote:  All of us on this site are rabid fans of MAC basketball, otherwise why would we be here?

That said, if Justin Turner stays and becomes a legend at BGSU, does it really mean much? The King of a one bid NCAA tourney league team is hardly something anyone would revere outside of the huge city of Bowling Green, Ohio. I hate to say it but the MAC is severely lacking in prestige with respect to the Major conferences. We are who we are, name the last time a MAC BB player got drafted.

BG’s big guy, Richaun Holmes, who didn’t even make first team all-MAC if I recall correctly, is the last I recall. In 2015- still in the league with the Kings?
(This post was last modified: 03-23-2020 08:25 PM by H2Oville Rocket.)
03-23-2020 08:23 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.