Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Chicago State not playing any more regular season basketball games due to coronavirus
Bookmark and Share
WAChsenburggemeinde Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: Have fun & no injuries
MyBB Chicago State not playing any more regular season basketball games due to coronavirus
They may not play in the WAC Tournament either.

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basket...s-canceled

Seems like an excuse to save money and avoid additional beatdowns.

No one is infected or anything like that.
03-04-2020 10:38 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

IWokeUpLikeThis Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: NIU, Chicago St
RE: Chicago State not playing any more regular season basketball games due to coronavirus
Chicago canceled a convention at McCormick next week with people from 130 countries and 47,000 hotel rooms booked. Chicago State made this decision as Division 1 trailblazers for player health.
03-04-2020 10:48 AM
DoubleRSU Offline
All American

I Root For: Seattle U
RE: Chicago State not playing any more regular season basketball games due to coronavirus
(03-04-2020 10:48 AM)IWokeUpLikeThis Wrote:  Chicago canceled a convention at McCormick next week with people from 130 countries and 47,000 hotel rooms booked. Chicago State made this decision as Division 1 trailblazers for player health.

HA. Please, it’s not like Seattle is some CoronaVirus infested hell hole. Chicago State is only a trailblazer for garbage performances
03-04-2020 11:24 AM
CrimsonPhantom Offline
CUSA Curator

I Root For: NM State
(03-04-2020 10:48 AM)IWokeUpLikeThis Wrote:  Chicago canceled a convention at McCormick next week with people from 130 countries and 47,000 hotel rooms booked. Chicago State made this decision as Division 1 trailblazers for player health.

04-bs

If CST was 25-4 they'd be playing these games. All indications are that the Coronavirus is deadly to those with preexisting conditions and the elderly. They aren't even finding it in kids.

CST saw an opportunity to save some money. Next season they should play all their games on the road vs Seattle and UVU.

03-04-2020 01:03 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
CrimsonPhantom Offline
CUSA Curator

03-04-2020 01:14 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
gleadley Offline
1st String

I Root For: GCU
Looks like UMKC is out on the Seattle trip, too.
(This post was last modified: 03-04-2020 02:38 PM by gleadley.)
03-04-2020 02:36 PM
Advertisement

CrimsonPhantom Offline
CUSA Curator

(03-04-2020 02:36 PM)gleadley Wrote:  Looks like UMKC is out on the Seattle trip, too.

I thought they would after CST announced they would. UMKC sees it as an opportunity to save money as well. Yet ist game on for the WBB.

03-04-2020 03:32 PM
CrimsonPhantom Offline
CUSA Curator

03-04-2020 03:36 PM
CrimsonPhantom Offline
CUSA Curator

03-04-2020 03:45 PM
joshadam84 Offline

I Root For: Chicago State

I really do want to believe this. Though I don’t blame others for being skeptical given their record.

It should be noted that CSU has invested quite a bit into its athletic department this year. There’s been a huge overhaul in their staff.. so while the CSU Admin during the IL budget issue would’ve likely done this for monetary reasons.. I do not think the current one is like that. They have shown me nothing to believe otherwise.
03-04-2020 06:45 PM
CrimsonPhantom Offline
CUSA Curator

03-04-2020 08:34 PM
Advertisement

dancingNMSUaggie Offline
1st String

I Root For: NMSU
Ridiculous.
03-05-2020 09:59 AM
NeptunianEmp Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: NM State Aggies!
Washington County, where Seattle is located, urged 2.2 million people to work from home and pulled 22000 kids from school. Seems like a legit reason to skip that game now.
03-05-2020 04:10 PM
DoubleRSU Offline
All American

I Root For: Seattle U
(03-05-2020 04:10 PM)NeptunianEmp Wrote:  Washington County, where Seattle is located, urged 2.2 million people to work from home and pulled 22000 kids from school. Seems like a legit reason to skip that game now.

Overreaction. This isn’t an unstoppable, instant killer disease.
03-05-2020 06:55 PM
Lopes87 Offline
1st String

(03-05-2020 04:10 PM)NeptunianEmp Wrote:  Washington County, where Seattle is located, urged 2.2 million people to work from home and pulled 22000 kids from school. Seems like a legit reason to skip that game now.

I think you mean King County and the Northshore SD closed school only for the students and are having the teachers teach to them via zoom. The district has said it's doing this out of caution. The Gov of Washington asked those who have underlying health concerns or elderly to stay home and if you are capable to work from home to see if your company will let you. Legit reason or not it looks more of a money saving plan of attack b/c they are headed to Vegas which just got their 1st case of the virus yesterday I believe and CSU is ok with traveling to Vegas.
03-06-2020 03:20 AM
Lopes87 Offline
1st String

I think you mean King County and the Northshore SD closed school only for the students and are having the teachers teach to them via zoom. The district has said it's doing this out of caution. The Gov of Washington asked those who have underlying health concerns or elderly to stay home and if you are capable to work from home to see if your company will let you. Legit reason or not it looks more of a money saving plan of attack b/c they are headed to Vegas which just got their 1st case of the virus yesterday I believe and CSU is ok with traveling to Vegas.
03-06-2020 10:15 AM
Advertisement

NeptunianEmp Offline
Special Teams

(03-06-2020 10:15 AM)Lopes87 Wrote:  

Thanks for the correction. Well CSU now has their excuse as to why they might not go to Vegas.
03-06-2020 11:42 AM
RoosHouse Offline
2nd String

I Root For: UMKC
University of Washington is cancelling classes. I think UMKC made right decision. It is an important game and I guess we just take the loss (Why not a coin flip), but health and happiness always more important than wins and loses
03-06-2020 06:37 PM
NeptunianEmp Offline
Special Teams

(03-06-2020 06:37 PM)RoosHouse Wrote:  University of Washington is cancelling classes. I think UMKC made right decision. It is an important game and I guess we just take the loss (Why not a coin flip), but health and happiness always more important than wins and loses

I wonder how this will impact all universities in Washington and the NCAA tournament. Spokane is one of the host cities for the first round.
03-06-2020 08:44 PM
joshadam84 Offline

I Root For: Chicago State
To be fair, 1 confirmed case compared to 6,243,876 (or 79) is a big difference.
(This post was last modified: 03-06-2020 08:54 PM by joshadam84.)
03-06-2020 08:46 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.