Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Wow —SC AD: “everything is on the table”
CarlSmithCenter Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Ball So Hard U
Wow —SC AD: “everything is on the table”
Mike Bohn is not happy with the PAC 12 and its distribution rights money and expressly didn’t shoot down going independent or leaving the PAC 12!
Article from 247
02-25-2020 08:14 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Attackcoog Offline

I Root For: Houston
RE: Wow —SC AD: “everything is on the table”
Well.....now we know why BYU changed their student honor code.
02-25-2020 08:40 PM
SoCalBobcat78 Offline
All American

I Root For: TXST, UCLA, CBU
(02-25-2020 08:14 PM)CarlSmithCenter Wrote:  Mike Bohn is not happy with the PAC 12 and its distribution rights money and expressly didn’t shoot down going independent or leaving the PAC 12!
Article from 247

This is what I read from Bohn:"It's really simple, you think of the LA market and the value to the league there, obviously our ongoing series with Notre Dame, our marquee games that we commit to in non-conference, it's important for us to continue to be leaders in the Pac-12," Bohn said. "It's important for us to operate from a place of strength."

That is what I got out of the article. Bohn has so many problems that he inherited that talking about leaving a conference is nonsense. He has to get the football program back to where it belongs. His men's basketball team is not playing up to the talent they are recruiting. He has to decide if he has got the right football and basketball coach in place.

What he is doing is putting pressure on Larry Scott to improve the revenue. But he also knows that USC has to play their part. That is not happening.
(This post was last modified: 02-25-2020 10:03 PM by SoCalBobcat78.)
02-25-2020 09:26 PM
46566 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Gonzaga
The main question is where would USC go? I'd figure a landing spot would be the Big West. I think the Big Sky is full. Would the WAC stand a chance? Would they want to play against religious schools in the WCC?
02-25-2020 09:39 PM
C2__ Offline
Caltex2

I Root For: Houston, PVAMU
It'd have to be the WAC, everyone else is full unless the WCC pulls a shocker. USC is private after all, granted non-religious.
02-25-2020 09:49 PM
BePcr07 Offline
All American

I Root For: Boise St & Zags
USC will be where they want to be.
02-25-2020 09:53 PM
Advertisement

solohawks Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UNCW
The WCC would make room for USC

Would they really give up the Rose Bowl?
02-25-2020 09:58 PM
bullet Offline
Legend

I Root For: Texas, UK, UGA
You could have:
1) the status quo with minor modifications;
2) the status quo with UH and SMU thrown in for Texas exposure;
3) the 4 Cal schools joining the Big 10;
4) the 4 Cal schools joining the Big 12;
5) Some realignment of the Pac 12 and Big 12.
02-25-2020 10:00 PM
Wedge Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: California
USC posturing like Alabama while playing football like Missouri is weak. It's trying to get the boosters fired up with words instead of results.
02-25-2020 10:28 PM
46566 Offline
Special Teams

(02-25-2020 09:58 PM)solohawks Wrote:  The WCC would make room for USC

Would they really give up the Rose Bowl?

I forgot about the 12th all sports spot in the MWC but I'm under the assumption that San Diego State might be added to keep the PAC 12 at 12.

(02-25-2020 10:00 PM)bullet Wrote:  You could have:
1) the status quo with minor modifications;
2) the status quo with UH and SMU thrown in for Texas exposure;
3) the 4 Cal schools joining the Big 10;
4) the 4 Cal schools joining the Big 12;
5) Some realignment of the Pac 12 and Big 12.

I think #1 is most likely. I don't think SMU or Houston add anything. The only way more money is made would be if it guaranteed more money by having the PAC 12 in more houses in Texas.
(This post was last modified: 02-25-2020 10:50 PM by 46566.)
02-25-2020 10:43 PM
The Cutter of Bish Offline
Heisman

I Root For: the little guy
I'd sympathize with an unhappy PAC school who wanted both OU and OSU and B1G-PAC but saw both rejected. USC is not that school. No ****s will be given.

For anyone who puts down others with that "think like college presidents" stuff, folks, here's your PAC-12 at its best. Put your alumni in a bind by placing your content in hard-to-access places, turn down creative ways to increase and restructure your media revenue, and collectively fall off in both football and basketball, but expect the money to just show up because...?

Didn't USC float out there that they would have considered independence if the B1G-PAC thing went through? This is the card you now play when threatened by something you don't like?
02-25-2020 10:52 PM
Advertisement

46566 Offline
Special Teams

(02-25-2020 10:52 PM)The Cutter of Bish Wrote:  I'd sympathize with an unhappy PAC school who wanted both OU and OSU and B1G-PAC but saw both rejected. USC is not that school. No ****s will be given.

For anyone who puts down others with that "think like college presidents" stuff, folks, here's your PAC-12 at its best. Put your alumni in a bind by placing your content in hard-to-access places, turn down creative ways to increase and restructure your media revenue, and collectively fall off in both football and basketball, but expect the money to just show up because...?

Didn't USC float out there that they would have considered independence if the B1G-PAC thing went through? This is the card you now play when threatened by something you don't like?

The main question is there isn't a solid landing spot for the school. If they want football Independence then the MWC is best case scenario and I think they would be stuck losing like 25 million a year. I think that the WCC money is similar. Both the WAC or Big West side s lower but at least the big West had 2 games on ESPN U. Would the Big 12 want them? USC's value would be diminished if they can't find another California school.
02-25-2020 11:02 PM
Fighting Muskie Online
Senior Chief Realignmentologist

I Root For: Ohio St, UC,MAC
If they leave:

WCC, fb Indy

Big Ten

New Conference with Texas as a fellow tent pole
02-25-2020 11:10 PM
panite Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Owls-SC-RU-Navy
(02-25-2020 08:40 PM)Attackcoog Wrote:  Well.....now we know why BYU changed their student honor code.

USC and BYU to the B-12. 05-stirthepot 05-stirthepot 05-stirthepot 05-stirthepot 05-stirthepot 07-coffee3
02-25-2020 11:17 PM
Captain Bearcat Offline
All-American in Everything

I Root For: UC
(02-25-2020 10:52 PM)The Cutter of Bish Wrote:  I'd sympathize with an unhappy PAC school who wanted both OU and OSU and B1G-PAC but saw both rejected. USC is not that school. No ****s will be given.

Can you please elaborate?

Who was for the BIG-PAC & who was against it? I don't remember a merger being seriously discussed; was it just a scheduling arrangement or a full merger?

Who was for/against adding the Texahoma 4?
02-25-2020 11:54 PM
domer1978 Offline
All American

I Root For: Notre Dame/Chaos
They have the strongest independent ally in College Football. USC on NBC has a nice ring to it.
(This post was last modified: 02-26-2020 12:08 AM by domer1978.)
02-26-2020 12:08 AM
Advertisement

Attackcoog Offline

I Root For: Houston
(02-26-2020 12:08 AM)domer1978 Wrote:  They have the strongest independent ally in College Football. USC on NBC has a nice ring to it.

I think thats a ploy to get back to uneven revenue sharing. Prior to the current tv deal, the Pac12 had an appearance based TV revenue sharing model that rewarded the teams with the most TV appeal.
02-26-2020 12:55 AM
Statefan Offline
Banned

I Root For: .
How about this: The New Southwest Conference

Pacific Division Central Division

Washington Oklahoma
Oregon Kansas
Stanford Colorado
USC Notre Dame
Arizona Texas

Play a 4-1-2 schedule so ND has:

OU, Kansas, Colorado, Texas, USC as the premaenent rival and then flop Washington/Oregon and Stanford/Arizona - that's 7 games and leaves lots of room for Navy, a Big 10 Game, ACC and SEc Games.

Texas would have ND, OU, Kansas, Colorado, and Arizona as their rival and then flip Oregon/Wash and USC/Stanford. That leaves plenty of room for TCU, Baylor, and TT.

4 Central Time zone schools, 2 mountain time, and 4 pacific.

You get LA, SF, Portland, Seattle, Denver, Dallas, Houston, Phoenix, KC, OKC, and Chicagoland markets.

This allows you to leave behind the California politics with Southern Schools, allows you to drop the weak little brothers like KSU, OSU, TT, Baylor, WSU, and Oregon State U.
02-26-2020 01:06 AM
Statefan Offline
Banned

Your new Pacific 12 could be Simon Fraser or BC, WSU, OSU, Cal, Hawaii, and UCLA in the Pacific side and ASU, Utah, NM, AF, Colordao State, and BYU as the new Pacific 12
02-26-2020 01:09 AM
Statefan Offline
Banned

Iowa State
Kansas State
Oklahoma State
Texas Tech
Baylor
TCU could join:
Houston
Tulane
UCF
USF

Memphis
SMU as the new Big 12

West
Baylor, TT, TCU, OSU, KSU, ISU

East
UCF, USF, Tulane, Memphis, Houston, SMU

The new Pacific 12 and Big 12 would become part of a P-5/G-5 stepping stone. What would be left of the AAC would be ECU, Cincy, Temple, Army, Navy, Tulsa, perhaps joined by App State, ODU, Ga State, Ga Southern, FAU and FIU.

Maybe it's all easier for the Pac 12 just to fire Scott and think things over
02-26-2020 01:23 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.