Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Drexel
Bookmark and Share
geewizNU Offline
All American

I Root For: Northeastern
Drexel
NU rebounded from an arse kicking at Delaware to beat Drexel 77-68.

Jordan Roland had 25 to lead all scorers.

NU (14-14) is 8-8 in the conference and end the season at home vs JMU and Towson.

With 2 wins, they could possibly finish in 4th.

Cof C is 9-7 and ends the season at home vs Delaware and Drexel. A split would make them 10-8.

Towson is 10-6, but end the season at Hofstra and NU. If they lose both they would also be 10-8.

NU has already swept CofC and a win over Towson would be another sweep, giving them a tiebreaker.

First things first, win both games next weekend.

Highlights ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D_luIo6q3jQ
(This post was last modified: 02-23-2020 01:20 AM by geewizNU.)
02-23-2020 01:18 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

geewizNU Offline
All American

RE: Drexel
NU finally has a league home game as they host Drexel at empty Matthews Arena.

Some good news… Shaq Walters is expected to play while Drexel apparently has a depleted roster in this one. If NU doesn’t win this one it could get really ugly.

The game can be seen on NESN Plus at 2pm.
(This post was last modified: 01-15-2022 01:58 PM by geewizNU.)
01-15-2022 01:57 PM
NUFan35 Offline
2nd String

It’s just sad at this point. Like I said, this team has had bad luck but we should be better than this. This was a winnable game if we didn’t turn it over another 15 times. And now Chris is out for a long time. We may struggle to win a game at this point. Like, for real. The paranoid part of me starts wondering about the impact this could have on the transfer portal (both additions and subtractions) and recruiting
01-15-2022 06:54 PM
geewizNU Offline
All American

How do you know he’s out for a long time? Did you hear something? I know everyone is speculating his injury status but I haven’t heard anything in particular. He did walk off the court with the team at the end of the game.

Highlights…

https://youtu.be/u1_98BlZ7ec
01-15-2022 08:05 PM
Advertisement

NUGUY Online
1st String

I Root For: nu
Do we know, for sure, how the portal works? I remember last year when everyone was given an extra year, schools were allowed to exceed the scholarship limit of thirteen when some seniors decided to stay for a fifth year, because it wouldn't be right to have to tell your incoming freshmen recruits that, "we don't have room for you. We're already at thirteen." Since we're already at at least thirteen can we use the portal this year? Or, can we only accept a transfer if someone transfers out?
01-15-2022 08:57 PM
NUFan35 Offline
2nd String

No, I have no information on Chris. It was just uninformed speculation. It looked like he couldn't put "game weight" on it so I made an assumption. And with us the last few years, I am trained to think everyone will be out 3-4 games longer than I think. I'm ballpaking but I'd be surprised to see him play in January.

Interesting question on the portal. I think we would need someone to leave which will probably be the case every season going forward for everyone anyway. Do I have this right (starting with next season)? Sad to be talking about next season at New Years

G TSG (?? - He could redshirt I suppose if he wants and if he is done for this year)
G Joe Pridgen (2?)
PG Glen McClintock (2)
F Chris Doherty (1)
F Jahmyl Telfort (2)
F Coleman Stucke (2)
G Querin Emanga (1)
F Alex Nwagha (2)
G To Randrisalama (3)
C Connor Braun (2)
G Vito Cubrilo(1)
01-15-2022 10:17 PM
geewizNU Offline
All American

The only one I would obviously concerned about would be Telfort leaving.

I agree with NUFan. I think someone has to leave for us to get a player in return.
01-15-2022 11:14 PM
NUGUY Online
1st String

I Root For: nu
(01-15-2022 11:14 PM)geewizNU Wrote:  The only one I would obviously concerned about would be Telfort leaving.

I agree with NUFan. I think someone has to leave for us to get a player in return.

That's the way I see it. I don't think we can count on the portal to solve our big man problem. Let's hope that Doherty wants to stick around and earn an advanced degree or that someone who sees the guard talent we have coming in decides to move on.
01-16-2022 12:25 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.