Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

OT: Craft Beer Thread
Bookmark and Share
Nameless Offline
1st String

I Root For: UConn
OT: Craft Beer Thread
Figured we had such a good conversation in the other thread on craft brews that the topic deserved it's own thread 04-cheers

Just a general thread for craft beers: What you're drinking on a specific evening, your favorite regional brew, what you like to drink during game time, etc. Feel free to post pics of any cans with cool designs/artwork as well!
02-20-2020 08:26 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Nameless Offline
1st String

RE: OT: Craft Beer Thread
I'm sipping on a "Supernaut" by New England Brewing Co while I watch the UConn Temple game tonight. It's an IPA with a nice fruity aroma/taste.

No idea how to upload a pic of the can from my phone so that's all I've got for ya 04-cheers
(This post was last modified: 02-20-2020 08:30 PM by Nameless.)
02-20-2020 08:30 PM
bill dazzle Offline
Craft beer and urban living enthusiast

I Root For: Vandy/Memphis/DePaul/UNC
Will provide some thoughts later. Just had a local stout and IPA (both quite good).

Seeing the score of the game is close. Good luck to UConn.
02-20-2020 08:47 PM
Advertisement

Nameless Offline
1st String

(02-20-2020 08:47 PM)bill dazzle Wrote:  Will provide some thoughts later. Just had a local stout and IPA (both quite good).

Seeing the score of the game is close. Good luck to UConn.

Both teams blew it multiple times, but it stings when your team is ultimately on the losing end.

I'm breaking out the Yuenglings to deal with the frustration lol
02-20-2020 09:37 PM
bill dazzle Offline

(02-20-2020 08:26 PM)Nameless Wrote:  Figured we had such a good conversation in the other thread on craft brews that the topic deserved it's own thread 04-cheers

Just a general thread for craft beers: What you're drinking on a specific evening, your favorite regional brew, what you like to drink during game time, etc. Feel free to post pics of any cans with cool designs/artwork as well!

We have a lady at the office from Ohio who often brings us beer from Great Lakes Brewing in Cleveland. Very good.

I was hopeful that Devil's Backbone (Virginia) would "get big" in Nashville but it did not. But it's available here. Good beer.

As to "cool designs/artwork," on the cans and bottles, ... I have actually bought beer due to that factor. Southern Prohibition (Hattiesburg, Miss.) offers some interesting can design.

We can get Revolution beer (Chicago) in Nashville. I like its IPA.

Just seeing the score of the Temple vs. UConn game (did not see the game). A tasty Yuengling will ease the sting of the loss. You will be fine.

04-cheers
02-20-2020 10:19 PM
Advertisement

Nameless Offline
1st String

(02-20-2020 10:19 PM)bill dazzle Wrote:  
(02-20-2020 08:26 PM)Nameless Wrote:  Figured we had such a good conversation in the other thread on craft brews that the topic deserved it's own thread 04-cheers

We have a lady at the office from Ohio who often brings us beer from Great Lakes Brewing in Cleveland. Very good.

I was hopeful that Devil's Backbone (Virginia) would "get big" in Nashville but it did not. But it's available here. Good beer.

As to "cool designs/artwork," on the cans and bottles, ... I have actually bought beer due to that factor. Southern Prohibition (Hattiesburg, Miss.) offers some interesting can design.

We can get Revolution beer (Chicago) in Nashville. I like its IPA.

Just seeing the score of the Temple vs. UConn game (did not see the game). A tasty Yuengling will ease the sting of the loss. You will be fine.

04-cheers

I've had similar experiences. Most recently, when I took my LSAT in November I had to go to Mass as all of the testing locations in CT were full. I was basically on the VT MA border, so I decided to spend the night before the exam in the area at an Airbnb. Since the test wasn't until 12:30, I hit up a liquor store on my way to the exam to look for local craft brews, and stumbled across a beer called "crypto currency", that had a really neat looking can. Ended up buying it and another one called "Stranger Than Fiction" or something like that, just because the can design intrigued me lol.
02-20-2020 10:32 PM
X-man Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: Xavier
We tailgate before every home Xavier game at Listerman's, which is a five minute walk to Cintas. Listerman's typically has about 15-20 of its own beers on tap, plus cans and crowlers of other beers they make. While there is considerable turnover in their beer selection, they generally have at least 3-4 NE IPA's on tap every night (or day...Saturday for the 2:30 Villanova game, we will gather at Listerman's at noon). They also have stouts, porters, a wheat or two, imperials, and at least one gose/sour in their typical offering. Cintas also has a craft beer bar with about 10 over-priced crafts available. Most of them are not locally made and if I make it there, I usually have something like Deschute's "fresh squeezed". Now before you consider a referral to AA for me, I always limit my game-day consumption to 2-3 beers.
02-21-2020 07:20 AM
Advertisement

Nameless Offline
1st String

(02-21-2020 07:20 AM)X-man Wrote:  We tailgate before every home Xavier game at Listerman's, which is a five minute walk to Cintas. Listerman's typically has about 15-20 of its own beers on tap, plus cans and crowlers of other beers they make. While there is considerable turnover in their beer selection, they generally have at least 3-4 NE IPA's on tap every night (or day...Saturday for the 2:30 Villanova game, we will gather at Listerman's at noon). They also have stouts, porters, a wheat or two, imperials, and at least one gose/sour in their typical offering. Cintas also has a craft beer bar with about 10 over-priced crafts available. Most of them are not locally made and if I make it there, I usually have something like Deschute's "fresh squeezed". Now before you consider a referral to AA for me, I always limit my game-day consumption to 2-3 beers.

Just looked up Deschutes Fresh Squeezed, it sounds amazing. I love IPA's with a nice citrus+fruit profile. Unfortunately, CT is one of the 18 States it is not (yet) sold in. 03-hissyfit It is in NJ though so if I head there in the near future I may have to look for some.

May be going to grad school in Cali, if I do I'll be road tripping out there since I'll be moving there for 2 years. Was planning on stopping in Akron to visit a friend anyways, so I may have to make a little detour to the Cincy area to hit up Listerman's and/or Cintas
02-21-2020 09:00 AM
bill dazzle Offline

I'm on the Deschutes website now. Impressive. That make an array of styles. The Fresh Squeezed offers 6.4% ABV and 60 IBU. I would enjoy it.

I'm a Nashville homer but have to recommend this one. TailGate Peanut Butter Milk Stout:

https://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/38954/193400/
02-22-2020 09:07 AM
Advertisement

Nameless Offline
1st String

(02-22-2020 09:07 AM)bill dazzle Wrote:  I'm on the Deschutes website now. Impressive. That make an array of styles. The Fresh Squeezed offers 6.4% ABV and 60 IBU. I would enjoy it.

I'm a Nashville homer but have to recommend this one. TailGate Peanut Butter Milk Stout:

I love milk stouts. I can't believe I forgot about it until reading this but Dragon's Milk White is one of my favorite beers, it's just rare to find it (at least around here.)

My dad has also brewed a few chocolate peanut butter stouts, so I had to look that one by tailgate up... It's sold right here in CT! I will definitely try to pick some up this week, and will comment on it once I've tried it. 04-cheers
02-23-2020 05:44 PM
bill dazzle Offline

(02-23-2020 05:44 PM)Nameless Wrote:  
(02-22-2020 09:07 AM)bill dazzle Wrote:  I'm on the Deschutes website now. Impressive. That make an array of styles. The Fresh Squeezed offers 6.4% ABV and 60 IBU. I would enjoy it.

I love milk stouts. I can't believe I forgot about it until reading this but Dragon's Milk White is one of my favorite beers, it's just rare to find it (at least around here.)

My dad has also brewed a few chocolate peanut butter stouts, so I had to look that one by tailgate up... It's sold right here in CT! I will definitely try to pick some up this week, and will comment on it once I've tried it. 04-cheers

I see now that Dragon's Milk White's is a "white stout." Very interesting. Would like to try.

Yes, I will be curious to get your take on the TailGate. The owner got his start in San Diego (arguably this nation's No. 1 craft beer city) and moved to Nashville about eight years ago. He's a nice man who brews a mind-boggling number of beers (he sometimes gets criticized for that). I like his beers overall.

04-cheers
02-23-2020 07:41 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.