[Image: 2u08dd.jpg]
02-17-2020 02:13 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

stinkfist Offline
nuts zongo's in the house

I Root For: Mustard Buzzards
RE: Happy Presidents’ Day
I thank the orange inglorious basterd every day for 'woke' on both sides...one crew is still asleep with the oats and oars stuck up their arse...

03-thumbsup

#hockeyPuckingA
(This post was last modified: 02-17-2020 02:27 PM by stinkfist.)
02-17-2020 02:23 PM
Fort Bend Owl Offline
Legend

I Root For: An easy win
The Parliament Awards
[Image: EQ_R6k9XsAAuSn8?format=jpg&name=4096x4096]

Eleven years ago today, near the bottom of the worst recession in generations, I signed the Recovery Act, paving the way for more than a decade of economic growth and the longest streak of job creation in American history.

Barack Obama

Happy President's Day! (I added that part - the rest of it was his tweet earlier today)
02-17-2020 02:40 PM
Owl 69/70/75 Offline
Just an old rugby coach

I Root For: RiceBathChelsea

DonatorsNew Orleans Bowl
(02-17-2020 02:40 PM)Fort Bend Owl Wrote:  [Image: EQ_R6k9XsAAuSn8?format=jpg&name=4096x4096]
Eleven years ago today, near the bottom of the worst recession in generations, I signed the Recovery Act, paving the way for more than a decade of economic growth and the longest streak of job creation in American history.
Barack Obama
Happy President's Day! (I added that part - the rest of it was his tweet earlier today)

People don't understand economic cycles. Obama took over at the bottom of a recession. Some indicators were starting to turn around, and pretty much all of them did before anything Obama did could have any impact. So he SHOULD have had great economic growth and job growth, even if he had done nothing.

Trump took over about the time economic cycles tend to go into another recession. By continuing growth, he has bucked the odds. Of course one factor may be that the growth under Obama was incredibly slow, considering the recession we were coming out of. And maybe slow growth means the up cycle will last longer.
02-17-2020 02:56 PM
stinkfist Offline

(02-17-2020 02:56 PM)Owl 69/70/75 Wrote:  
(02-17-2020 02:40 PM)Fort Bend Owl Wrote:  [Image: EQ_R6k9XsAAuSn8?format=jpg&name=4096x4096]
Barack Obama

People don't understand economic cycles. Obama took over at the bottom of a recession. Some indicators were starting to turn around, and pretty much all of them did before anything Obama did could have any impact. So he SHOULD have had great economic growth and job growth, even if he had done nothing.

Trump took over about the time economic cycles tend to go into another recession. By continuing growth, he has bucked the odds. Of course one factor may be that the growth under Obama was incredibly slow, considering the recession we were coming out of. And maybe slow growth means the up cycle will last longer.

KABOOM!

XACLY!
02-17-2020 03:03 PM
shere khan Offline
Southerner

I Root For: Tulane
Thank you Orange Emperor for MAGA. We are finally recovering from the 8 years of corruption and incompetence of the jug eared community organizer.
02-17-2020 03:16 PM
Advertisement

JMUDunk Offline
Rootin' fer Dukes, bud

I Root For: Freedom
Happy Presidents’ Day

Barack Obama

If zerO actually felt the need to write or tweet that fantasy, what a small, pathetic little mom jeans wearing man he was and still is.

How embarrassing for him.

Jimma says Thank You, I’m no longer the worst of the worst in the last century.

Truly sad.
(This post was last modified: 02-17-2020 04:03 PM by JMUDunk.)
02-17-2020 04:02 PM
rath v2.0 Offline
Wartime Consigliere

I Root For: Civil Disobedience

Donators
Obama and economic recovery...good one.

Economic train wreck.
02-17-2020 04:14 PM
natibeast21 Offline
Banned

I Root For: UC, Ohio State
(02-17-2020 02:40 PM)Fort Bend Owl Wrote:  People don't understand economic cycles. Obama took over at the bottom of a recession. Some indicators were starting to turn around, and pretty much all of them did before anything Obama did could have any impact. So he SHOULD have had great economic growth and job growth, even if he had done nothing.

I agree with your general premise, but most people in call them "business cycles" not "economic cycles'.
(This post was last modified: 02-17-2020 04:17 PM by natibeast21.)
02-17-2020 04:15 PM
stinkfist Offline

(02-17-2020 04:15 PM)natibeast21 Wrote:  
(02-17-2020 02:40 PM)Fort Bend Owl Wrote:  People don't understand economic cycles. Obama took over at the bottom of a recession. Some indicators were starting to turn around, and pretty much all of them did before anything Obama did could have any impact. So he SHOULD have had great economic growth and job growth, even if he had done nothing.

I agree with your general premise, but most people in call them "business cycles" not "economic cycles'.

FWIW, you quoted owl#s vs. FBO.....

don't sweat it...the phone sux when responding with phat fingers...my myopic/dyslexic arse does it all the time .... 04-cheers
02-17-2020 04:29 PM
gdunn Offline
Repping E-Gang Colors

I Root For: Southern Miss

Survivor Champion
Yea.. Obama takes credit now.. But 4 years ago he was lamenting on how the economy wasn't rebounding. How businesses that left weren't coming back.. The MSM was even stating whomever inherited the economy was getting a mess.. Trump doubled down and turned it around and it's magically Obama's doing.. Gimme a break.
02-17-2020 04:33 PM
Advertisement

shere khan Offline
Southerner

I Root For: Tulane
(02-17-2020 04:02 PM)JMUDunk Wrote:  

Barack Obama

If zerO actually felt the need to write or tweet that fantasy, what a small, pathetic little mom jeans wearing man he was and still is.

How embarrassing for him.

Jimma says Thank You, I’m no longer the worst of the worst in the last century.

Truly sad.

Worst president in my lifetime. Truly a made for TV idiot

And FBO takes a shite in every thread with stupidity like this either directly or by inference. Does Beto still have a chance?
(This post was last modified: 02-17-2020 04:36 PM by shere khan.)
02-17-2020 04:33 PM
usmbacker Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Beer
Barry, sorry, we have your video saying how is Trump going to bring back all those manufacturing jobs? With a magic wand? Now you are the sleazeball you are by trying to take credit for all the great things Trump has done with the economy by his tax decrease and getting rid of the bullsh#t policies you signed with your famous pen that were killing growth.

Start listening at 3 minute mark. Trump has made Obama look the stupid fool he is.

(This post was last modified: 02-17-2020 04:52 PM by usmbacker.)
02-17-2020 04:40 PM
rath v2.0 Offline
Wartime Consigliere

I Root For: Civil Disobedience

Donators
lol. Barry spent 6 years blaming Bush and 2 years trying to get Hillary elected.

The Obama administration needed economics for dummies.
02-17-2020 05:29 PM
TigerBlue4Ever Offline
Unapologetic A-hole

I Root For: yo mama

Barack Obama

03-lmfao03-lmfao03-lmfao
02-17-2020 05:30 PM
bullet Offline
Legend

I Root For: Texas, UK, UGA
(02-17-2020 02:56 PM)Owl 69/70/75 Wrote:  
Barack Obama

Not true. Obama made the bottom worse. He destroyed what was left of consumer confidence with his constant belly-aching about he was limited since he inherited and recession and how is was going to get much worse before it got better.

Bill Clinton finally told him to shut up in early February. Obama with his words personally made the recession worse than it needed to be.
02-17-2020 05:34 PM
Advertisement

bullet Offline
Legend

I Root For: Texas, UK, UGA
They also dragged out the drag on the economy from real estate with their policies slowing foreclosures.

Texas had a worse real estate recession in 1986. Houston's unemployment hit 13%. It was estimated that 1 in 4 Houstonians lost their job in 1986. All but one of the top 10 banks was sold or was taken over. Virtually all the S&Ls bit the dust. And things were pretty much back to normal in a year. And there was no trillion dollar stimulus.
02-17-2020 05:36 PM
umbluegray Offline
Legend

I Root For: The Tigers!
(02-17-2020 04:33 PM)gdunn Wrote:  Yea.. Obama takes credit now.. But 4 years ago he was lamenting on how the economy wasn't rebounding. How businesses that left weren't coming back.. The MSM was even stating whomever inherited the economy was getting a mess.. Trump doubled down and turned it around and it's magically Obama's doing.. Gimme a break.

BHO can do that because he knows those who supported him won't question and will take everything they're spoon fed.
02-17-2020 05:38 PM
CrimsonPhantom Offline
CUSA Curator

I Root For: NM State
[Image: xvqtgwczrhh41.png]
02-17-2020 06:31 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
stinkfist Offline

(02-17-2020 06:31 PM)CrimsonPhantom Wrote:  [Image: xvqtgwczrhh41.png]

#outstanding
02-17-2020 06:35 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.