Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Nate - CAA POW for 4th Time
Bookmark and Share
Naptown Tribe Offline
All American

I Root For: William & Mary
Congrats to Nate who is the CAA POW for the 4th time this year!!

30.5 PPG, 9.5 RPG, 5 blocks per game in 2 big wins!

I know there are some really good players in the CAA this year, but Nate should be the POY. No one impacts the game in the multiple ways he does. Yes, there are many good to great scorers in the CAA but none that impact on both the offensive and defensive end like Nate who has just taken over so many games in crunch time.

https://caasports.com/news/2020/2/17/caa...eb-17.aspx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
02-17-2020 11:34 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

mrjoolius Offline
Hall of Famer

Has any other player gotten it 4 times this season? I'm too lazy to look.

I agree, he should be the favorite. The league has no answer for him. They like to give POY to a senior and the top Sr stat leaders are Riller, Roland, and Knight. Nate is in the top five in 4 of the 6 top categories. A couple of guys are top five in a couple categories. No one is doing what Nathan is doing.
02-17-2020 12:22 PM
billymac Offline
Heisman

RE: Nate - CAA POW for 4th Time
(02-17-2020 12:22 PM)mrjoolius Wrote:  Has any other player gotten it 4 times this season? I'm too lazy to look.

I agree, he should be the favorite. The league has no answer for him. They like to give POY to a senior and the top Sr stat leaders are Riller, Roland, and Knight. Nate is in the top five in 4 of the 6 top categories. A couple of guys are top five in a couple categories. No one is doing what Nathan is doing.

Add Darling and Buie (or Pemberton and Wynter) and you have a pretty good All-CAA 1st Team.
(This post was last modified: 02-17-2020 12:32 PM by billymac.)
02-17-2020 12:32 PM
Advertisement

LION KING Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: ucla
(02-17-2020 12:32 PM)billymac Wrote:  
(02-17-2020 12:22 PM)mrjoolius Wrote:  Has any other player gotten it 4 times this season? I'm too lazy to look.

Add Darling and Buie (or Pemberton and Wynter) and you have a pretty good All-CAA 1st Team.

Knight Buie Darling Riller and Rolland will be 1st team.

Some may not be deserving, but that's HOW IT IS !!
02-17-2020 01:11 PM
bubbadog57 Offline
1st String

Knight should be a shoo-in for CAA POY..if he dosn't get it there needs to be an investigation.

He's also the POY in the State of Virginia, and possibly may be selected on one of the big All-American second or third teams.

I've watched lots of basketball on tv this season and, frankly, the only center I've seen who would challenge Nate is the big center at Iowa (believe his name is Garza).

Knight's Senior Day should be an emotional moment...he represents the best of the W&M student-athlete.
02-17-2020 02:23 PM
Advertisement

EvanJ Offline
1st String

I Root For: Hofstra and FSU
(02-17-2020 02:23 PM)bubbadog57 Wrote:  Knight should be a shoo-in for CAA POY..if he dosn't get it there needs to be an investigation.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FeD986JKBWI is by CAA Insider Eamonn Brennan, who gave Knight POY and Loewe DPOY. The CAA doesn't write opinion articles, so that's the closest to an endorsement by the CAA there is.
(This post was last modified: 02-28-2020 05:28 PM by EvanJ.)
02-28-2020 05:27 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
zablenoise Offline
Heisman

(02-28-2020 05:27 PM)EvanJ Wrote:  
(02-17-2020 02:23 PM)bubbadog57 Wrote:  Knight should be a shoo-in for CAA POY..if he dosn't get it there needs to be an investigation.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FeD986JKBWI is by CAA Insider Eamonn Brennan, who gave Knight POY and Loewe DPOY. The CAA doesn't write opinion articles, so that's the closest to an endorsement by the CAA there is.
Holy hell. Those are some accolades. I'd absolutely take it.

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk
02-28-2020 08:03 PM
Advertisement

Zorch Offline
All American

I Root For: W&M
(02-28-2020 08:03 PM)zablenoise Wrote:  
(02-28-2020 05:27 PM)EvanJ Wrote:  
Holy hell. Those are some accolades. I'd absolutely take it.

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

It was disappointing that he tabbed Joe Mihalic for Coach of the Year, with Schrage of Elon being his second choice. Obviously, I think Fischer would be the best and obvious choice. He is a first-time coach like Schrage but his team finished considerably better than Schrage's did. Re Mihalic: Joe is an experienced coach whose team won the CAA regular season last year and was preseason tabbed to win it again this year -- so he did what he was expected to do. Meanwhile (as of this writing), Fischer's team (who was expected to finish, what, 10 or 11) is in second place with a chance for a first place tie. So Fischer greatly exceeded the expectations of all the prognosticators (and almost all W&M fans) and, to me, seems like a more deserving choice than Mihalic. (I just deleted a crack against Joe because I didn't want to violate my own dictum about not providing bulletin board material).
02-28-2020 10:38 PM
tribeinexile Offline
1st String

I don’t see how one could give Coach of the Year, POY, and Defensive POY to the team that comes in 2nd.
02-29-2020 09:41 AM
Advertisement

TribePride52 Offline
1st String

I Root For: William&Mary
(02-29-2020 09:41 AM)tribeinexile Wrote:  I don’t see how one could give Coach of the Year, POY, and Defensive POY to the team that comes in 2nd.

Because POY and DPOY aren’t team awards. They’re called “player of the year” for a reason.
02-29-2020 09:57 AM
mrjoolius Offline
Hall of Famer

(02-29-2020 09:41 AM)tribeinexile Wrote:  I don’t see how one could give Coach of the Year, POY, and Defensive POY to the team that comes in 2nd.
Also, who says we are coming in 2nd? Not giving up hope yet.
02-29-2020 11:38 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.