Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

VP Pence Defends Deficit Expansion as Vital
Redwingtom Offline
Progressive filth

I Root For: B-G-S-U !!!!
Quote:Vice President Mike Pence defended deficit expansion under the Trump administration during a CNBC interview Friday, saying that debt and deficits are secondary concerns compared to economic growth.

Pence, who spoke to CNBC’s Wilfred Frost at the White House on the heels of President Donald Trump’s victory lap over his acquittal in the Senate’s impeachment trial, maintained that focusing on growth will solve long-term fiscal challenges.

“The president came into office and he said, ‘First and foremost, we have to restore growth,’” Pence said.

“Deficits and debt are right in line, but it is first about getting this economy moving again and we really do believe the trajectory of this economy,” Pence said.
Vice President Pence defends deficit expansion under Trump as necessary for economic growth

Wait...I thought the economy was great? 03-yawn

Curious though, is this any relation to a Mike Pence from 2010?

Quote:“We do not consent to runaway federal spending by either political party, and we demand an end to the borrowing, spending and bailouts once and for all.”
https://bigthink.com/politeia/could-mike...ee-in-2012
(This post was last modified: 02-07-2020 02:46 PM by Redwingtom.)
02-07-2020 02:45 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

TigerBlue4Ever Online
Unapologetic A-hole

I Root For: yo mama
RE: VP Pence Defends Deficit Expansion as Vital
So now your upset that Trump continued an Obama policy.
02-07-2020 03:21 PM
bearcat65 Offline
All American

I Root For:
No democrat or left leaning individual should ever comment about spending given their propensity to wail that any meaningful cuts will take the food out of children's and senior's mouths. However conservatives need to get back to the idea of getting spending under control and address the looming disasters that are entitlement spending. At some point the adults have to take over and get this countries spending under control.
02-07-2020 03:36 PM
200yrs2late Online
Resident Parrothead

I Root For: East Carolina
I'm much more satisfied with the return on Trump's deficits and debt spending than I was with Obama's.
02-07-2020 03:52 PM
Redwingtom Offline
Progressive filth

(02-07-2020 03:36 PM)bearcat65 Wrote:  No democrat or left leaning individual should ever comment about spending given their propensity to wail that any meaningful cuts will take the food out of children's and senior's mouths. However conservatives need to get back to the idea of getting spending under control and address the looming disasters that are entitlement spending. At some point the adults have to take over and get this countries spending under control.

I'm commenting on it because of the hypocrisy of republicans and conservatives. Case in point, the quote from Pence from 2010. If the debt and deficit mattered to him when Obama and other presidents were in the WH, it should matter to him now too. And it doesn't...and we all know why. Sad.
02-07-2020 03:54 PM
BobcatEngineer Offline
All American

I Root For: OHIO
(02-07-2020 03:54 PM)Redwingtom Wrote:  
(02-07-2020 03:36 PM)bearcat65 Wrote:  No democrat or left leaning individual should ever comment about spending given their propensity to wail that any meaningful cuts will take the food out of children's and senior's mouths. However conservatives need to get back to the idea of getting spending under control and address the looming disasters that are entitlement spending. At some point the adults have to take over and get this countries spending under control.

I'm commenting on it because of the hypocrisy of republicans and conservatives. Case in point, the quote from Pence from 2010. If the debt and deficit mattered to him when Obama and other presidents were in the WH, it should matter to him now too. And it doesn't...and we all know why. Sad.

Don't worry. They'll start caring again the next time a Democrat is in office.
02-07-2020 04:09 PM
Advertisement

TigerBlue4Ever Online
Unapologetic A-hole

I Root For: yo mama

We do?
02-07-2020 04:09 PM
Redwingtom Offline
Progressive filth

(02-07-2020 04:09 PM)TigerBlue4Ever Wrote:  

We do?

Well, folks with a brain do. That clearly left you out. Sorry.
02-07-2020 04:13 PM
bearcat65 Offline
All American

I Root For:

No not all. There are many of us who recognize spending is out of control.
02-07-2020 04:34 PM
GrayBeard Offline
Whiny Troll

I Root For: My Kids & ECU

Crappies
Oh well boys, enjoy it while you can...our stupid government continues to rush to insolvency.

I had hoped that Trump would apply some basic business approach to this and end the growth of the deficit.
02-07-2020 04:48 PM
200yrs2late Online
Resident Parrothead

I Root For: East Carolina
(02-07-2020 04:48 PM)GrayBeard Wrote:  Oh well boys, enjoy it while you can...our stupid government continues to rush to insolvency.

I had hoped that Trump would apply some basic business approach to this and end the growth of the deficit.

Keep the faith. He's got a second term ahead of him.

Right now I look at his deficit spending and debt increases as startup capital. Takes cash in to make a business productive and profitable. Lets see what happens once the trade issues are settled and there is less uncertainty with all the democrat obstruction.
02-07-2020 04:53 PM
Advertisement

GrayBeard Offline
Whiny Troll

I Root For: My Kids & ECU

Crappies
(02-07-2020 04:53 PM)200yrs2late Wrote:  
(02-07-2020 04:48 PM)GrayBeard Wrote:  Oh well boys, enjoy it while you can...our stupid government continues to rush to insolvency.

Keep the faith. He's got a second term ahead of him.

Right now I look at his deficit spending and debt increases as startup capital. Takes cash in to make a business productive and profitable. Lets see what happens once the trade issues are settled and there is less uncertainty with all the democrat obstruction.

Cheap capital these days, but enough is enough.
02-07-2020 04:56 PM
ODU BBALL Offline
Heisman

I Root For: ODU

LeftwingTom is upset by the deficit and is against the political hypocrisy now. Looks like Trump has converted yet another Democrat into leaving the party and becoming a Republican.

Welcome to the winning team Leftwing!!!
02-08-2020 12:54 AM
ShrackUAB Offline
1st String

I Root For: UAB
(02-08-2020 12:54 AM)ODU BBALL Wrote:  

LeftwingTom is upset by the deficit and is against the political hypocrisy now. Looks like Trump has converted yet another Democrat into leaving the party and becoming a Republican.

If I recall correctly Trump is projected to add 9 trillion to the debt if he stays in office 8 years.
02-08-2020 01:55 AM
Owl 69/70/75 Offline
Just an old rugby coach

I Root For: RiceBathChelsea

DonatorsNew Orleans Bowl
(02-08-2020 01:55 AM)ShrackUAB Wrote:  If I recall correctly Trump is projected to add 9 trillion to the debt if he stays in office 8 years.

Which is, I believe something like $1 billion more than CBO projected in January 2017, based on legacy Obama programs, would be added over those 8 years.

Trump has failed to eliminate the deficit, as he had promised, but somewhere close to 80-90% of it was inherited.
(This post was last modified: 02-08-2020 02:12 AM by Owl 69/70/75.)
02-08-2020 02:10 AM
ODU BBALL Offline
Heisman

I Root For: ODU
(02-08-2020 01:55 AM)ShrackUAB Wrote:  
(02-08-2020 12:54 AM)ODU BBALL Wrote:  

If I recall correctly Trump is projected to add 9 trillion to the debt if he stays in office 8 years.

I deal in the world of reality, not projections. If you also "recall", Trump was not "projected" to become president, Hillary was. If you "recall" correctly, economic growth was not "projected" to be as strong as it has been since Trump took office.

This economy is a far cry from the being the sluggish economy of the Obama presidency. With just a little bit of assistance from the Democrats on Capital Hill, it would be even better, but alas, that is one thing they desperately don't want to happen.

Hopefully Trump wins again in November, the Republicans retake control of the House, and the Republicans maintain a working margin in the Senate. THEN Trump's administration can tackle the Deficit without the obstructionist Democrats getting in the way to block the solutions. Oh, they will use every tactic under the sun to s-l-o-w things down to a crawl, but ultimately more of the nations business and things to help the country will get accomplished.

We aren't even half way into that 8 year time frame that you referenced. A lot can change between now and the end of 4+ years from now.
02-08-2020 11:18 AM
Advertisement

JMUDunk Online
Rootin' fer Dukes, bud

I Root For: Freedom
(02-07-2020 04:34 PM)bearcat65 Wrote:  

No not all. There are many of us who recognize spending is out of control.

This.

We have a spending problem, not a revenue problem.

Sure, g-head. Raise those taxes, put in some increased “user fees”, add to the gas tax, whatever.

Does anyone believe that will go to deficit/debt reduction? No, it, like all other revenue, will immediately be steered to the GF and blown on ever increasing federal spending and handouts.

No thanks. I can spend my own money a LOT more efficiently than some unaccountable, nameless, faceless bureaucrat holding down a leather chair in DeeCee.

Zero-based budgeting, get to it. Provide 10% incentives for every $ saved in these alphabet soup agencies.
02-08-2020 11:27 AM
Eagleaidaholic Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Southern Miss
The Democrats have been in control of spending for going on two years now. Trump presents budget cuts in HIS budget but the dems don't even table it and just send up continuing resolutions. Tax collections are increasing as well as tariff collections.
02-08-2020 11:58 AM
Marc Mensa Offline
You'll Get Nothing and Like It

I Root For: The Underdog
#amazinghypocracy
02-08-2020 12:52 PM
olliebaba Offline
Legend

I Root For: Christ
Hey look, the genius can't spell hypocrisy. Mensa, yeah right. Bwahahahahaaha.
02-08-2020 01:05 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.