ODU Monarchs

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

¿¿Millennials??
Razor Ramon Monarch Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Old Dominion
¿¿Millennials??
Jesus the younger crowd on this board absolutely SUCKS.
01-25-2020 12:36 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

VB Monarch Offline
All American

RE: JWade’s knee
I feel ya Razor but in Macs case, well he's ancient
01-25-2020 06:47 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
EverRespect Offline
Free Kaplony

I Root For: ODU
(01-25-2020 12:36 AM)Razor Ramon Monarch Wrote:  Jesus the younger crowd on this board absolutely SUCKS.
The old crowd is probably enjoying the season and longing for the days we played at the Fieldhouse in front of 300 people. As usually, we are stuck between the boomers and millennials as the only ones that are concerned with the results.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
01-25-2020 09:12 AM
ODU True Blue Offline
All American

(01-25-2020 09:12 AM)EverRespect Wrote:  
(01-25-2020 12:36 AM)Razor Ramon Monarch Wrote:  Jesus the younger crowd on this board absolutely SUCKS.
The old crowd is probably enjoying the season and longing for the days we played at the Fieldhouse in front of 300 people. As usually, we are stuck between the boomers and millennials as the only ones that are concerned with the results.

God you’re clueless. I’d use the word idiot but don’t want to be banned. You are simply clueless.

You want RESULTS. Look up ODU’s winning % at the Fieldhouse. The Ted has never come close to the atmosphere at the Fieldhouse. Nor the winning %age. 4,200 people screaming in a bandbox. Intimidated the hell out of opposing teams. Before the NCAA banned them they handed out wooden blocks people would bang together. It was deafening. Then when they banned those the school handed out streamers people would throw after the first basket we scored. Had to stop the game to sweep the floor. As a young child those events left an everlasting impression upon me. The Ted has NEVER come close to that atmosphere. NEVER. Not even sold out games against FecesU.

The Ted is awesome. Great venue. Can be lively and fun. But it will never ever equal the Fieldhouse in winning %age, or atmosphere.
01-25-2020 09:28 AM
bench jockey Offline
1st String

No one is enjoying this season. But we support ODU, and are committed to doing so while also voicing our opinion to proper channels that things must change. I don't think that concept has occurred to you.

Sent from my SM-J320V using CSNbbs mobile app
01-25-2020 09:33 AM
ODU True Blue Offline
All American

God you’re clueless. I’d use the word idiot but don’t want to be banned. You are simply clueless.

You want RESULTS. Look up ODU’s winning % at the Fieldhouse. The Ted has never come close to the atmosphere at the Fieldhouse. Nor the winning %age. 4,200 people screaming in a bandbox. Intimidated the hell out of opposing teams. Before the NCAA banned them they handed out wooden blocks people would bang together. It was deafening. Then when they banned those the school handed out streamers people would throw after the first basket we scored. Had to stop the game to sweep the floor. As a young child those events left an everlasting impression upon me. The Ted has NEVER come close to that atmosphere. NEVER. Not even sold out games against FecesU.

The Ted is awesome. Great venue. Can be lively and fun. But it will never ever equal the Fieldhouse in winning %age, or atmosphere.
01-25-2020 09:56 AM
Advertisement

VB Monarch Offline
All American

(01-25-2020 09:56 AM)ODU True Blue Wrote:  

This. Everything has its day,just as the Ted will too. I love my memories of the fantastic atmosphere at the fieldhouse and Norfolk Arena before that.But I know I have selective memory to a degree and tend to forget aboout those damn bleachers. Hard as rails.
Funny how Scope rarely comes up as a venue with fond memories.
01-25-2020 10:12 AM
ODU BBALL Offline
Heisman

The Field House rocked like people that weren't fortunate enough to experience it will never know. True Blue gave a very accurate representation of what happened during a typical game there. For the record, I made my own wooden blocks that I painted ODU (baby) blue. In spite of having larger crowds in the Ted, it has NEVER been as loud as it was in the Field House, especially in the years those blocks were clacking along with the hollering of the crowd. The only other thing that I would add to what True Blue wrote is that I seem to remember the sold out crowd size of the Field House being around 5.400 vice the 4,200 he indicated, and it was typically sold out. People also tended to be IN THEIR SEATS when the game started each half. Additionally I would add the following two things - the crowd was right on top of the action which also added to the intimidation of the opponents, and the fast paced style of play really got the crowd into the game. 07-coffee3
01-25-2020 10:16 AM
BluesTraveler Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: ODU, Michigan
This. Everything has its day,just as the Ted will too. I love my memories of the fantastic atmosphere at the fieldhouse and Norfolk Arena before that.But I know I have selective memory to a degree and tend to forget aboout those damn bleachers. Hard as rails.
Funny how Scope rarely comes up as a venue with fond memories.
[/quote]

I went to quite a few games at Scope while a student. I remember the student section right behind the visitor's bench. It was perfectly situated to harass the other team. Also the pep band seemed to be a handful of musicians, apparently under no direction, that featured a very loud trombone player. A $50 annual donation (as a student) got you Blue Room access with free drinks and free programs (they were sold to the public). I miss the play of Mark West and Kenny Gattison as well as the baby blue uniforms.
01-25-2020 10:30 AM
JJMonarch Online
1st String

This is probably the stupidest remark I have ever seen on these boards. You have no clue!
01-25-2020 12:13 PM
mac Offline
All American

(01-25-2020 12:13 PM)JJMonarch Wrote:  

This is probably the stupidest remark I have ever seen on these boards. You have no clue!

I know what you mean, I just left that one alone. He wasn't around then. The ODU Fieldhouse sold out most every single game and btw, it was 5,200 seats and we had a 90% winning average while playing in the fieldhouse.

BUT, I still think the attempted funny post about Wade's knee is just not funny. And I know Petey is just a goofball, just don't think it worked this time.
01-25-2020 12:41 PM
Advertisement

Fatalisk Offline
All American

Nah. All the millennials I associate with are disgusted at the state of our team.
01-26-2020 12:42 AM
ODUDJ96 Offline
Banned

I Root For: Monarchs!!!
(01-26-2020 12:42 AM)Fatalisk Wrote:  

Nah. All the millennials I associate with are disgusted at the state of our team.

Are these millennials employed or in between jobs?
01-26-2020 12:51 AM
MonGNARch Offline
1st String

I Root For: The Ol' Dirty
Okay I'll bite. I'm a millenial (born 1991), am pretty upset at how this year has turned out (record wise), thought Petey's post was light-hearted, AND I have a job 04-cheers

/s (kinda)

With that being said, I hope for a full and speedy recovery for Jason. He was my favorite player to watch this year
01-28-2020 08:35 AM
Mo Blue Den You Offline
1st String

(01-26-2020 12:51 AM)ODUDJ96 Wrote:  

Yeah I have a job jack. A damn good one at that. Keep taking your subtle jabs. You sir are a joke.

Not all millennials suck farts from Bernie Sanders.

Try again. NEXT.
01-28-2020 08:39 AM
MONARCHSWIN Offline
1st String

(01-28-2020 08:39 AM)Mo Blue Den You Wrote:  

Yeah I have a job jack. A damn good one at that. Keep taking your subtle jabs. You sir are a joke.

Try again. NEXT.

My faith has been restored.
Thank you.
04-cheers
01-28-2020 11:00 AM
Advertisement

Monarchist13 Offline

(01-28-2020 11:00 AM)MONARCHSWIN Wrote:  
(01-25-2020 09:12 AM)EverRespect Wrote:  The old crowd is probably enjoying the season and longing for the days we played at the Fieldhouse in front of 300 people. As usually, we are stuck between the boomers and millennials as the only ones that are concerned with the results.

Try again. NEXT.

Thank you.
04-cheers

You do realize that there are millennials approaching their late 30s right? A lot of us have great careers, houses, families, etc.
01-28-2020 11:14 AM
Mo Blue Den You Offline
1st String

(01-28-2020 11:14 AM)ODUDrunkard13 Wrote:  
(01-26-2020 12:42 AM)Fatalisk Wrote:  Nah. All the millennials I associate with are disgusted at the state of our team.

Try again. NEXT.

Thank you.
04-cheers

You do realize that there are millennials approaching their late 30s right? A lot of us have great careers, houses, families, etc.

ODUDJ96 does not realize this. He gets frustrated in his bouts with other posters and spews diarrhea from his keyboard without questioning whether it makes any lick of sense. Grabbing for straws some would say.
01-28-2020 01:43 PM
Monarchist13 Offline

(01-28-2020 01:43 PM)Mo Blue Den You Wrote:  
(01-28-2020 11:14 AM)ODUDrunkard13 Wrote:  
(01-26-2020 12:51 AM)ODUDJ96 Wrote:  Are these millennials employed or in between jobs?

Try again. NEXT.

Thank you.
04-cheers

ODUDJ96 does not realize this. He gets frustrated in his bouts with other posters and spews diarrhea from his keyboard without questioning whether it makes any lick of sense. Grabbing for straws some would say.

I hope they're reusable, or at least paper.
01-28-2020 01:45 PM
T-Mac Offline
Special Teams

(01-28-2020 01:43 PM)Mo Blue Den You Wrote:  ODUDJ96 does not realize this. He gets frustrated in his bouts with other posters and spews diarrhea from his keyboard without questioning whether it makes any lick of sense. Grabbing for straws some would say.

Ramen hasn't changed in nearly two decades. You'd think he'd quit creating new profiles to agree with his tired opinions after so many years of getting called out on it.
01-28-2020 02:12 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.