Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

"Take Her Out"
JDTulane Offline
Sazeracs and Retirement

I Root For: Peace
"Take Her Out"
It appears Trump hasn't been a fan of the ambassador since as early as 2018. And there's recordings! SDNY has them.

https://kstp.com/news/take-her-out-recor...-/5622085/

Quote:Updated: January 24, 2020 10:37 AM

A recording reviewed by ABC News appears to capture President Donald Trump telling associates he wanted the then U.S. Ambassador to Ukraine Marie Yovanovitch fired – and speaking at a small gathering that included Lev Parnas and Igor Fruman -- two former business associates of Trump's personal lawyer Rudy Giuliani who have since been indicted in New York.

The recording appears to contradict statements by President Trump and support the narrative that has been offered by Parnas during broadcast interviews in recent days. Sources familiar with the recording said the recording was made during an intimate April 30, 2018 dinner at the Trump International Hotel in Washington, D.C.

Trump has said repeatedly he does not know Parnas, a Soviet-born American who has emerged as a wild card in Trump's impeachment trial, especially in the days since Trump was impeached.

"Get rid of her!" is what the voice that appears to be President Trump's is heard saying. "Get her out tomorrow. I don't care. Get her out tomorrow. Take her out. Okay? Do it."

On the recording, it appears the two Giuliani associates are telling President Trump that the U.S. ambassador has been bad-mouthing him, which leads directly to the apparent remarks by the President. The recording was made by Fruman according to sources familiar with the tape. The White House did not respond to an ABC News request for comment.

During the conversation, several of the participants can be heard laughing with the President. At another point, the recording appears to capture Trump praising his new choice of Secretary of State, saying emphatically: "Pompeo is the best." But the most striking moment comes when Parnas and the President discuss the dismissal of his ambassador to Ukraine.

Parnas appears to say: "The biggest problem there, I think where we need to start is we gotta get rid of the ambassador. She's still left over from the Clinton administration," Parnas can be heard telling Trump. "She's basically walking around telling everybody 'Wait, he's gonna get impeached, just wait," he said. (Yovanovitch actually had served in the State Department since the Reagan Administration.)

More from KSTP:

Ukraine opens probe of possible surveillance of ambassador

It was not until a year later that Yovanovitch was recalled from her position -- in April 2019. She said the decision was based on "unfounded and false claims by people with clearly questionable motives" that she was disloyal to and undermining Trump.

House investigators have been attempting to document – in part with text messages supplied by Parnas -- an almost year-long effort on the part of Parnas and Giuliani to get Yovanovitch removed from her post. At times, the messages made public by the House Intelligence Committee show Giuliani boasting to Parnas about his efforts to have Yovanovitch recalled from Kyiv.

"Boy I'm so powerful I can intimidate the entire Ukrainian government" Giuliani messaged Parnas in May 2019. "Please don't tell anyone I can't get the crooked Ambassador fired or I did three times and she's still there."

The identities of others participating in the recorded conversation are unclear. During an early portion of the recording where video can be seen, Donald Trump Jr. appears on the recording posing for pictures with others. Sources say they were attending a larger event happening at the hotel that night for a super PAC that supports the president.

Another clip seen on the recording, according to the sources, is of individuals entering what appears to be a suite at the Trump Hotel for the intimate dinner. The phone that was recording the Trump conversation appears to be placed down on a table with the audio still recording the conversation between the commander-in-chief and other guests, according to the sources. The image of the president does not appear on the video reviewed by ABC News.

In a recent interview with MSNBC, Parnas publicly recounted his memories of the scene at the dinner and said that Trump turned to John (DeStefano), who was his deputy chief of staff at the time, and said 'Fire her,' he claimed.

"We all, there was a silence in the room. He responded to him, said Mr. President, we can't do that right now because (Secretary of State Mike) Pompeo hasn't been confirmed yet, that Pompeo is not confirmed yet and we don't have -- this is when (former Secretary of State Rex) Tillerson was gone, but Pompeo was confirmed, so they go, wait until -- so several conversations he mentioned it again."

However, Pompeo had been confirmed and privately sworn in days earlier.

A copy of the recording is now in the custody of federal prosecutors in New York's Southern District, who declined to comment.

Trump's supporters have maintained that no evidence has been put forward directly linking Trump to any of the alleged impeachable actions. And Trump has maintained that removing Yovanovitch was within his right.

Trump has distanced himself from Parnas, who is under federal indictment in New York in a campaign finance case, and the president's supporters have questioned his credibility and motives.

"I don't know him," the president said just last week when asked about Parnas. "I don't know Parnas other than I guess I had pictures taken, which I do with thousands of people, including people today that I didn't meet. But I just met him. I don't know him at all. Don't know what he's about, don't know where he comes from, know nothing about him. I can only tell you this thing is a big hoax."

As ABC News previously reported, Parnas, who cooperated with the House impeachment probe of Trump, began providing materials that were in his custody to congressional investigators late last year.

Just last week, Parnas' attorney transferred more materials after a series of rulings from the judge in his criminal case, granting him permission to share records obtained by the government with House impeachment investigators to comply with a subpoena, including documents seized from Parnas' home and the complete extraction of Parnas' iPhone 11 and Samsung phone, seized from him upon his arrest in October 2019.

Joseph A. Bondy, Parnas' attorney, tweeted at the time that the materials were brought to House investigators "despite every stumbling block placed in our path" since his client's arrest.

The records, which were mostly WhatsApp messages, also included 59 pages of emails and handwritten letters that appear to describe Giuliani's attempts to meet with Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskiy and an effort to remove Yovanovitch from her post.

One email exchange appears to suggest Parnas and his associates had Yovanovitch "under physical surveillance in Kyiv," according to the committee's cover letter.

During her congressional testimony, Yovanovitch said she received a call from the State Department that "there were concerns about my security."

Giuliani is a subject of the probe being led by the New York prosecutors, sources said. Parnas' cohort, Igor Fruman was also arrested at the same time and faces similar charges though he is not cooperating with the congressional investigations. Both have pleaded not guilty.

Parnas and Fruman were indicted by the Southern District of New York on charges including conspiracy to commit campaign finance fraud, false statements to the Federal Election Commission and falsification of records as part of an alleged scheme to circumvent federal campaign finance laws against straw donations and foreign contributions. Both men have pleaded not guilty.
(This post was last modified: 01-25-2020 02:42 PM by JDTulane.)
01-24-2020 01:23 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

cb4029 Offline
The spoon that stirs the pot.

I Root For: Deez Nuts

Donators
RE: "Take Her Out"
Trump is surrounded by snitches and people looking for future book deals. Too bad he doesn't know how to shut up. LOL
01-24-2020 01:27 PM
stinkfist Offline
nuts zongo's in the house

I Root For: Mustard Buzzards
FK HER
01-24-2020 01:32 PM
ECUGrad07 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: ECU
Um. Trump is allowed to fire ambassadors. Especially sh*tty, corrupt ones.
(This post was last modified: 01-24-2020 01:36 PM by ECUGrad07.)
01-24-2020 01:36 PM
SoMs Eagle Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Mighty Mustard
So what? This is normal business is it not? Trump can fire any ambassador he wants just for chits and giggles. Get over it.
01-24-2020 01:36 PM
gdunn Offline
Repping E-Gang Colors

I Root For: Southern Miss

Survivor Champion
Especially if she's undermining his authority and policies.
01-24-2020 01:37 PM
Advertisement

cb4029 Offline
The spoon that stirs the pot.

I Root For: Deez Nuts

Donators
(01-24-2020 01:37 PM)gdunn Wrote:  Especially if she's undermining his authority and policies.

Yeah, Parnas admitted he was lying on her. But you wouldn't know that watching Fox news all day. You're only spoon fed the truth. 05-stirthepot
01-24-2020 01:40 PM
Claw Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Memphis
It doesn't matter what she did. Trump can fire her simply because he wants to fire her.

It looks like there was more justification than that however.

It looks like he didn't trust her. That is certainly a justifiable reason to fire an ambassador.
01-24-2020 01:49 PM
TigersOhMy Offline
Not 1st String

(01-24-2020 01:49 PM)Claw Wrote:  It doesn't matter what she did. Trump can fire her simply because he wants to fire her.

It looks like there was more justification than that however.

It looks like he didn't trust her. That is certainly a justifiable reason to fire an ambassador.

that doesn't sit well with the 'muh feels' crowd though. That's just not nice.
01-24-2020 01:52 PM
UTSAMarineVet09 Offline
Corporal of the Board.

I Root For: UTSA
Oh I thought this thread was about you leaving the forum... 07-coffee3
01-24-2020 01:53 PM
stinkfist Offline
nuts zongo's in the house

I Root For: Mustard Buzzards
(01-24-2020 01:53 PM)UTSAMarineVet09 Wrote:  Oh I thought this thread was about you leaving the forum... 07-coffee3

03-lmfao03-lmfao03-lmfao
01-24-2020 02:00 PM
Advertisement

SuperFlyBCat Offline
Banned

I Root For: America and UC
(01-24-2020 01:53 PM)UTSAMarineVet09 Wrote:  Oh I thought this thread was about you leaving the forum... 07-coffee3

03-lmfao
01-24-2020 02:00 PM
200yrs2late Offline
Resident Parrothead

I Root For: East Carolina
This will not end like you want it to.
01-24-2020 02:07 PM
rath v2.0 Offline
Wartime Consigliere

I Root For: Civil Disobedience

Donators
(01-24-2020 02:07 PM)200yrs2late Wrote:  This will not end like you want it to.

It never does. Must be frustrating.
01-24-2020 02:11 PM
gdunn Offline
Repping E-Gang Colors

I Root For: Southern Miss

Survivor Champion
(01-24-2020 01:40 PM)cb4029 Wrote:  
(01-24-2020 01:37 PM)gdunn Wrote:  Especially if she's undermining his authority and policies.

Yeah, Parnas admitted he was lying on her. But you wouldn't know that watching Fox news all day. You're only spoon fed the truth. 05-stirthepot

Best be spoonfed that Yahoo! shoved down my throat comrade
01-24-2020 02:32 PM
Redwingtom Offline
Progressive filth

I Root For: B-G-S-U !!!!
(01-24-2020 01:36 PM)ECUGrad07 Wrote:  Um. Trump is allowed to fire ambassadors. Especially sh*tty, corrupt ones.

I'm beginning to think that he didn't really know this.

There was no need to do what they did...but they did it anyway.

Not dealing with a genius here, much less a stable one. Sad.
01-24-2020 02:40 PM
Advertisement

SoMs Eagle Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Mighty Mustard
(01-24-2020 01:40 PM)cb4029 Wrote:  

If Parnas was “lying on her” then it was another good reason for Trump to fire her asss.....
01-24-2020 02:44 PM
HuskyU Offline
Big East Overlord

I Root For: UCONN
No one fires better than Trump.
01-24-2020 02:57 PM
UofMstateU Offline
Legend

Maybe next time the bittch will hang the picture instead of becoming a sky screamer. .
01-24-2020 03:01 PM
MemTigers1998 Offline
Hall of Famer

(01-24-2020 02:11 PM)rath v2.0 Wrote:  
(01-24-2020 02:07 PM)200yrs2late Wrote:  This will not end like you want it to.

It never does. Must be frustrating.

You’d think they would get tired of losing to Trump but it seems like they dont
01-24-2020 03:04 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.