Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

News Megxit will no longer use royal titles, Queen and Buckingham Palace announce
CrimsonPhantom Offline
CUSA Curator

I Root For: NM State
Megxit will no longer use royal titles, Queen and Buckingham Palace announce
Quote:Duke and Duchess of Sussex no more.

Queen Elizabeth and Buckingham Palace released much-anticipated statements on Saturday confirming that Prince Harry and Meghan Markle will no longer use their royal titles and will move forward with their initial "Megxit" plan in the spring of 2020.

"The Duke and Duchess of Sussex are grateful to Her Majesty and the Royal Family for their ongoing support as they embark on the next chapter of their lives. As agreed in this new arrangement, they understand that they are required to step back from Royal duties, including official military appointments. They will no longer receive public funds for Royal duties," Buckingham Palace said in a statement on the official royal family website.

The palace continued: "With The Queen’s blessing, the Sussexes will continue to maintain their private patronages and associations. While they can no longer formally represent The Queen, the Sussexes have made clear that everything they do will continue to uphold the values of Her Majesty.

"The Sussexes will not use their HRH [His or Her Royal Highness] titles as they are no longer working members of the Royal Family. The Duke and Duchess of Sussex have shared their wish to repay Sovereign Grant expenditure for the refurbishment of Frogmore Cottage, which will remain their U.K. family home," the palace said.

"Buckingham Palace does not comment on the details of security arrangements. There are well-established independent processes to determine the need for publicly-funded security," it added.

Queen Elizabeth II simultaneously released a statement of her own voicing her support.

"Following many months of conversations and more recent discussions, I am pleased that together we have found a constructive and supportive way forward for my grandson and his family. Harry, Meghan and Archie will always be much-loved members of my family," she said.

"I recognize the challenges they have experienced as a result of intense scrutiny over the last two years and support their wish for a more independent life," the 93-year-old monarch said. "I want to thank them for all their dedicated work across this country, the Commonwealth and beyond, and am particularly proud of how Meghan has so quickly become one of the family."

"It is my whole family’s hope that today’s agreement allows them to start building a happy and peaceful new life," she added.

The shocking double statements come just days after the queen held a pivotal summit to discuss Prince Harry and Markle's royal departure with her grandson and other members of the monarchy while the Duchess remained in Canada with 8-month-old Archie.

Prince Harry and Markle first announced their decision to become part-time members of the royal family on Jan. 8, shocking the world and their family members with the news.

Archie's parents said their decision came "after many months of reflection and internal discussions."

"We have chosen to make a transition this year in starting to carve out a progressive new role within this institution," the couple shared on Instagram. “We intend to step back as ‘senior’ members of the Royal Family and work to become financially independent, while continuing to fully support Her Majesty The Queen. It is with your encouragement, particularly over the last few years, that we feel prepared to make this adjustment."

"We now plan to balance our time between the United Kingdom and North America, continuing to honor our duty to The Queen, the Commonwealth and our patronages," they continued. "This geographic balance will enable us to raise our son with an appreciation for the royal tradition into which he was born, while also providing our family with the space to focus on the next chapter, including the launch of our new charitable entity."

"Megxit" comes after Prince Harry and Markle's many attempts to put an end to the scrutiny they've faced since their royal engagement in 2017. It also comes at a time of strain for Prince Harry and his older brother, Prince William.

Nick Bullen, editor in chief of True Royalty TV, told Fox News earlier this week that the siblings' relationship is severely fractured.

“There is no doubt that the relationship between Princes Harry and William is at an all-time low,” Bullen said.

Link
01-18-2020 03:20 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

stinkfist Online
nuts zongo's in the house

I Root For: Mustard Buzzards
RE: Megxit will no longer use royal titles, Queen and Buckingham Palace announce
in the vein of ze GREEN....

INBREEDING CARRIAGES ARE OBSOLETE
01-18-2020 03:31 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
rath v2.0 Offline
Wartime Consigliere

I Root For: Civil Disobedience

Donators
RE: Megxit will no longer use royal titles, Queen and Buckingham Palace announce
What is Harry’s last name?
01-18-2020 03:35 PM
bullet Offline
Legend

I Root For: Texas, UK, UGA
So Harry and Meghan wanted to have their cake and eat it too. Queen said no.
01-18-2020 03:47 PM
nomad2u2001 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: ECU
(01-18-2020 03:35 PM)rath v2.0 Wrote:  What is Harry’s last name?

They can use Windsor. He could use Sussex. He and William used Wales until they were elevated.
01-18-2020 08:04 PM
nomad2u2001 Offline
Hall of Famer

(01-18-2020 03:47 PM)bullet Wrote:  So Harry and Meghan wanted to have their cake and eat it too. Queen said no.

I don’t think so. The Brit media was eating Meghan up. Like really bad. At the same time they were giving Andrew a pass.

I think Harry was used to it because he used to invite that type of stuff. Meghan wasn’t. They announced that they wanted to be financially independent, so it’s not like they were trying to stay on the dole.
01-18-2020 08:10 PM
Advertisement

nomad2u2001 Offline
Hall of Famer

I know this is a Fox News article and it goes without saying, but this is a bit inaccurate. They will still be the Duke and Duchess of Sussex. Do they have an editor?
01-18-2020 08:15 PM
TheDancinMonarch Offline
All American

I Root For: Old Dominion
This business is like a script from a bad situation comedy. Seriously, who the hell cares about what these people do?
01-18-2020 08:46 PM
banker Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Marshall
Do they actually think the press will now leave them alone? They will still be hounded, I see this changing nothing from that perspective.
01-18-2020 10:29 PM
nomad2u2001 Offline
Hall of Famer

(01-18-2020 10:29 PM)banker Wrote:  Do they actually think the press will now leave them alone? They will still be hounded, I see this changing nothing from that perspective.

The Canadian press is a lot more laidback than the UK’s, especially out west. The Vancouver press isn’t even on the same planet as London’s.
01-18-2020 10:45 PM
stinkfist Online

(01-18-2020 08:46 PM)TheDancinMonarch Wrote:  This business is like a script from a bad situation comedy. Seriously, who the hell cares about what these people do?

XACLY! ref: post #2

LAMPOON FODDER

sometimes the shark eats...sometime the shark starves....sometimes it doesn't fk'n matter unless you 'swim with pinky tusks'....
01-18-2020 11:03 PM
Advertisement

usmbacker Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Beer
Prince Wimp and Princess B@tch
01-18-2020 11:20 PM
rath v2.0 Offline
Wartime Consigliere

I Root For: Civil Disobedience

Donators
(01-18-2020 08:04 PM)nomad2u2001 Wrote:  

They can use Windsor. He could use Sussex. He and William used Wales until they were elevated.

He can choose the last name to use? What the heck is on his passport? Assuming he’ll need one now to go to Canada and the US?
01-19-2020 12:05 PM
nomad2u2001 Offline
Hall of Famer

(01-19-2020 12:05 PM)rath v2.0 Wrote:  
(01-18-2020 08:04 PM)nomad2u2001 Wrote:  

He can choose the last name to use? What the heck is on his passport? Assuming he’ll need one now to go to Canada and the US?

His passport has his name. Harry Charles Albert David. His son does have a last name however.

You don’t need two names. Not to break anonymity here, but my wife didn’t adopt a last name until she was grown. Since US passport forms don’t like blank fields, the make you use NFN (no first name) and just put your whole given name in the last name field.
01-19-2020 12:49 PM
memphistiger89 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Memphis Tigers

Markle
01-19-2020 12:54 PM
stinkfist Online

(01-19-2020 12:54 PM)memphistiger89 Wrote:  

Markle

03-lmfao03-lmfao03-lmfao
01-19-2020 02:23 PM
Advertisement

Owl 69/70/75 Online
Just an old rugby coach

I Root For: RiceBathChelsea

DonatorsNew Orleans Bowl
(01-19-2020 12:54 PM)memphistiger89 Wrote:  

Markle

Nicely played. +3
01-19-2020 09:09 PM
Claw Online
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Memphis
[Image: 82920897_10215193463245511_4975607329085...e=5EA56F37]
01-19-2020 09:46 PM
fsquid Offline
Legend

I Root For: Memphis, Queens (NC)

CrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappiesMemphis Hall of Fame
Megxit will no longer use royal titles, Queen and Buckingham Palace announce
Who gives a ****?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
01-19-2020 10:39 PM
TigerBlue4Ever Offline
Unapologetic A-hole

I Root For: yo mama
(01-19-2020 09:46 PM)Claw Wrote:  [Image: 82920897_10215193463245511_4975607329085...e=5EA56F37]

03-lmfao
01-19-2020 10:47 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.