Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

ECU parts ways with DC Bob Trott
Indiana Bones Offline
1st String

I Root For: ECU
Exclamation ECU parts ways with DC Bob Trott
Interesting timing. I wonder who coach Houston has in mind for his replacement.

https://www.wnct.com/sports/ecu-pirates/...t-renewed/
(This post was last modified: 01-16-2020 06:23 PM by Indiana Bones.)
01-16-2020 06:22 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Chappy Offline
Resident Goonie

RE: ECU parts ways with DC Bob Trott
I was really hoping Houston would have kept Blackwell on staff when he took over last year. Wonder if he's on the shortlist.
01-16-2020 06:26 PM
pcm0103 Offline
1st String

ECU parts ways with DC Bob Trott
I definitely did not see this coming. I thought he would retire before he would get fired. He didn't have much to work with and one would assume that he would get another year. There has to be more to it.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
01-16-2020 06:41 PM
Advertisement

CoastalJuan Offline
Business Drunk

(01-16-2020 06:41 PM)pcm0103 Wrote:  I definitely did not see this coming. I thought he would retire before he would get fired. He didn't have much to work with and one would assume that he would get another year. There has to be more to it.

Yeah it's weird. I initially thought Trott might be retiring, but they probably would have said that instead of "this is what is best for the football team" and other firing language.

I'd be down with bringing Blackwell back. He improved the pass rush right away, but the defense still wasn't very respectable. He only got a year, but so did Trott.

Would have been interested to see what the second year of Trott's defense would have looked like as well. While is was far from good, it was sometimes fun to watch. The philosophy seemed to be that we're not going to lock people down, so just try to keep your eyes on the backfield, be in the neighborhood, and try to nab less than perfect passes. I do love turnovers, but scoring defense overall needs to get better.
01-17-2020 07:59 AM
StillJonesing Offline
Hall of Famer

(01-17-2020 07:59 AM)CoastalJuan Wrote:  I'd be down with bringing Blackwell back. He improved the pass rush right away, but the defense still wasn't very respectable. He only got a year, but so did Trott.

We were 130th dead last in total defense and scoring defense the year prior and he improved us at least marginally (101st in total defense). I think that at deserves some context. Yeah it still sucked but it needs to be graded with what he was given. That isn't like basketball where you can reasonably be expected to add significant help in the first year. He's also an alum and I think anytime you have a chance to hire one that is less likely to leave, that deserves looking at and should be the decider to me if they have similar resumes.
(This post was last modified: 01-17-2020 09:06 AM by StillJonesing.)
01-17-2020 08:48 AM
Advertisement

CoastalJuan Offline
Business Drunk

Wonder if Houston was waiting for the early enrollees to hit campus before pulling the trigger.
01-17-2020 09:21 AM
B easy Offline
1st String

I know it doesn't seem likely but could coach Ruff be the next ECU DC? He just resigned from his post at OU to come back home to be close to his elderly father.

https://oklahoma.rivals.com/news/mcneill-leaving-ou
01-24-2020 12:31 AM
Advertisement

Mikeyp Offline
2nd String

I Root For: ECU, AAC
(01-24-2020 12:31 AM)B easy Wrote:  I know it doesn't seem likely but could coach Ruff be the next ECU DC? He just resigned from his post at OU to come back home to be close to his elderly father.

Oh good lord!
01-24-2020 07:25 AM
pcm0103 Offline
1st String

(01-24-2020 12:31 AM)B easy Wrote:  I know it doesn't seem likely but could coach Ruff be the next ECU DC? He just resigned from his post at OU to come back home to be close to his elderly father.

I would love to see him back on ECU's staff but not as the DC. I think we need to go a different direction.

01-24-2020 08:11 AM
Advertisement

CoastalJuan Offline
Business Drunk

Based on his comments, it sounds like he'll be out of football for a bit. I wouldn't rule out the chances of him being back on staff sometime in the future. If this turnaround ever actually happens, Houston would likely take his staff with him to South Carolina or wherever.
01-24-2020 08:55 AM
mikeinoki Offline
Gone to Seed

I Root For: JDB
It won't be Blackwell.
01-24-2020 12:00 PM
CoastalJuan Offline
Business Drunk

(01-24-2020 12:00 PM)mikeinoki Wrote:  It won't be Blackwell.

PS: Panthers hired Rhule. Heard it here 4th
01-24-2020 03:10 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.