03-lmfao03-lmfao03-lmfao

COGSCOGSCOGS
12-07-2019 04:45 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Bronco'14 Offline
WMU

I Root For: WMU Broncos
RE: It's Official - Miami 16 MAC Championships, Ohio Bobcats Never Ever Ever Ever
Congrats to the Redhawks

You guys have been fun for me to cheer for -> The season WMU went 1-11, you guys went 0-12, so it was fun watching both of us rebuild at the same time.

Isn't Martin in Year 6? I hope this shows Bronco Nation that a coach consistently in the hunt can break thru.

Also, glorious seeing the Chippewas w/ an L. :)
(This post was last modified: 12-07-2019 05:45 PM by Bronco'14.)
12-07-2019 05:45 PM
Love and Honor Offline
Skipper

I Root For: Miami, MACtion
RE: It's Official - Miami 16 MAC Championships, Ohio Bobcats Never Ever Ever Ever
Normally I wouldn't be a sore winner, though I'll just point out that even in OU's greatest decade of football ever and Miami's worst, we still found a way to get two MAC titles while they're still waiting for their first since Nixon.
12-07-2019 05:56 PM
Bronco'14 Offline
WMU

(12-07-2019 05:56 PM)Love and Honor Wrote:  Normally I wouldn't be a sore winner, though I'll just point out that even in OU's greatest decade of football ever and Miami's worst, we still found a way to get two MAC titles while they're still waiting for their first since Nixon.

I will say even tho I was cheering for you guys & have had fun watching you guys rebuild, I'm not too thrilled w/ you guys getting yet another MAC title.
12-07-2019 05:59 PM
Miami (Oh) Yeah ! Offline
All American

I Root For: Collar Popping
(12-07-2019 05:45 PM)Bronco14 Wrote:  Congrats to the Redhawks

You guys have been fun for me to cheer for -> The season WMU went 1-11, you guys went 0-12, so it was fun watching both of us rebuild at the same time.

Isn't Martin in Year 6? I hope this shows Bronco Nation that a coach consistently in the hunt can break thru.

Yes, the biggest problem for all MAC fans is stable coaches. If coaches in the MAC lose they are fired and if they win then they are hired away.

And I really feel like Solich is a blessing to Bobcat fans even though they grumble he hasn't yet won it all. Before Solich, for decades, OU was terrible. Frank has them playing. I also said it then and will say it again... Akron messed up by firing Bowden.
12-07-2019 06:07 PM
Bronco'14 Offline
WMU

(12-07-2019 06:07 PM)Miami (Oh) Yeah ! Wrote:  
(12-07-2019 05:45 PM)Bronco14 Wrote:  Congrats to the Redhawks

Yes, the biggest problem for all MAC fans is stable coaches. If coaches in the MAC lose they are fired and if they win then they are hired away.

And I really feel like Solich is a blessing to Bobcat fans even though they grumble he hasn't yet won it all. Before Solich, for decades, OU was terrible. Frank has them playing. I also said it then and will say it again... Akron messed up by firing Bowden.

Exactly
12-07-2019 06:10 PM
Advertisement

All American

I will also add that Coach Creighton for EMU as well as Kent's coach are awesome coaches. Don't be impatient with them.
UB Leipold and Ball State's Neu are probably OK too, just not as sold "yet" as Creighton and Kent's coaches.
12-07-2019 06:13 PM
Kit-Cat Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Championships
CrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappies
Proves the East has finally caught the West if Miami is able to win the MAC.
12-07-2019 06:19 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
All American

Oh, and BTW, for Toledo fans...

We have more MAC titles than you.

and we have an all-time winning record vs everybody in the MAC.

and, yes, I've had a beer....

feeling good!!!
12-07-2019 06:24 PM
shankapotamus1 Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: CMU
Hard to compare Martin to other coaches though. He won D2 titles before Miami and had a track record that he could win as a HC.
12-07-2019 07:51 PM
brovol Offline
Heisman

I Root For: WMU/ARMY
(12-07-2019 06:19 PM)Kit-Cat Wrote:  Proves the East has finally caught the West if Miami is able to win the MAC.
Well, at least this year the East caught, and beat the West. However, the MAC was nothing more than terrible, and the best teams were just "below average" when compared to the rest of the G5 teams. Frankly, the MAC didn't have a single "good" team. This is the worst the league has been in my memory. I am embarrassed that my team, WMU, couldn't take advantage of the easiest opportunity to win the MAC in history. Miami did, and congrats to them. Martin is a classy guy, and worthy of some happiness, so good for him.

Coaching rules in college football, and that's very true in the MAC. Right now we really don't have stellar head coaches. EMU might have the best, but he is at EMU, and that is some tough sledding. I think Solich is way to old school conservative, and I don't believe you can ever have a great G5 team being conservative; short of having an academy type triple option system. Lester can prepare an offense, but stifles his team by never taking full advantage of his offense. I'm not sure what is going on in Toledo. By far the biggest underachievers this season. Maybe Martin will take this momentum, and run with it.
(This post was last modified: 12-07-2019 09:09 PM by brovol.)
12-07-2019 09:07 PM
Advertisement

NIU05 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: TRUTH
(12-07-2019 05:56 PM)Love and Honor Wrote:  Normally I wouldn't be a sore winner, though I'll just point out that even in OU's greatest decade of football ever and Miami's worst, we still found a way to get two MAC titles while they're still waiting for their first since Nixon.

LOL...LOL...LOL
(This post was last modified: 12-08-2019 02:27 PM by NIU05.)
12-07-2019 09:22 PM
NIU05 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: TRUTH
Miami could be on the start of a roll, they have a star at QB and recruit very well.

The MAC has good coaches for.the most.part. Teams have to stay healthy to compete because of serious lack of depth.
12-07-2019 09:28 PM
Kit-Cat Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Championships
CrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappies
(12-07-2019 09:07 PM)brovol Wrote:  
(12-07-2019 06:19 PM)Kit-Cat Wrote:  Proves the East has finally caught the West if Miami is able to win the MAC.
Well, at least this year the East caught, and beat the West. However, the MAC was nothing more than terrible, and the best teams were just "below average" when compared to the rest of the G5 teams. Frankly, the MAC didn't have a single "good" team. This is the worst the league has been in my memory. I am embarrassed that my team, WMU, couldn't take advantage of the easiest opportunity to win the MAC in history. Miami did, and congrats to them. Martin is a classy guy, and worthy of some happiness, so good for him.

The strength difference that west teams like to beat their chest on too be perfectly honest never mattered. The CFP representative is selected from the highest rated champion not highest rated conference. The AAC I'll give you is a little stronger top to bottom as a hand picked recruiting conference over a regional conference like the MAC.

Where it does matter is in basketball where its a huge factor in seeding. That is where the MAC East having Buffalo, Akron, Kent and Ohio in it is a much better schedule year in and out than the west. Don't forget BG either which has a history of being dangerous or Miami's 17 NCAA basketball tournament appearances.

I will take playing in the MAC East and significantly better basketball over a marginally less competitive football division any day as a trade off.
12-08-2019 10:42 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
indianasniff Offline
All American

I Root For: Toledo
Special defense. ThisRocket fan is jealous. How tight is that DC contract since we are looking?
12-08-2019 11:43 AM
OUVan Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Ohio Bobcats
(12-07-2019 06:07 PM)Miami (Oh) Yeah ! Wrote:  And I really feel like Solich is a blessing to Bobcat fans even though they grumble he hasn't yet won it all. Before Solich, for decades, OU was terrible. Frank has them playing. I also said it then and will say it again... Akron messed up by firing Bowden.

I'm in the Solich camp. I arrived in Athens in the late 70s so suffered through nearly 30 years of pretty horrible football. It gets frustrating with the yearly "head-scratching" losses but we aren't far enough removed from Bubba Lichtenberg for me to want him gone. For a large part of the fanbase it's not enough however.
12-08-2019 12:26 PM
Advertisement

DICK Offline
1st String

I Root For:
(12-08-2019 11:43 AM)indianasniff Wrote:  Special defense. ThisRocket fan is jealous. How tight is that DC contract since we are looking?

Actually, for the last year and a half or so Coach Martin has taken over the defense. He runs the defense and manages the game ( TO's and a few punt or kick decisions, etc. The offensive coordinators make every play call and offensive substitution, the same with the special teams coach. Since we have gone to that system, Miami has been the best team in the league, or a more realistic way of looking at it, a little better than the tightly packed group of teams fighting to get to the top.
12-08-2019 01:48 PM
DICK Offline
1st String

I Root For:
Actually, the theme of this thread is mostly just a little dig back at Bobcat Backer, who enjoys getting his little digs in where ever possible. We are glad that we have the rivalry.
12-08-2019 01:51 PM
IWokeUpLikeThis Online
Hall of Famer

I Root For: NIU, Chicago St
Gabbert is a freshman. I fear this is becoming Chuck Martin’s league and we’re all living in it.
12-09-2019 12:23 AM
Bronc33 Offline
1st String

I Root For: WMU
(12-09-2019 12:23 AM)IWokeUpLikeThis Wrote:  Gabbert is a freshman. I fear this is becoming Chuck Martin’s league and we’re all living in it.

Gabbert didn't win them the league, their defense and kicker did.
12-09-2019 08:11 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.