NDSU vs. Nicholls
Ill St. vs. Cent. Ark
JMU vs. Monmouth
UNI vs. SDSU
Mont St. vs. Albany
Sac St. vs. Austin Peay
Montana vs. SELA
Weber vs. Kennesaw

All are afternoon games with kickoffs between 1 and 3:30 (EST) with the exception of the Sac St./Austin Peay game, which kickoffs at 9 PM.
(This post was last modified: 12-04-2019 11:38 AM by Purple.)
12-04-2019 11:24 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

JMU_Newbill Offline
All American

I Root For: JMU & Whoever Plays VT
RE: Second Round Playoff Predictions
NDSU vs. Nicholls
Ill St. vs. Cent. Ark
JMU vs. Monmouth
UNI vs. SDSU (betting with my heart, not my head)
Mont St. vs. Albany (would like to see 2 CAA teams in the quarters but unlikely)
Sac St. vs. Austin Peay
Montana vs. SELA
Weber vs. Kennesaw
12-04-2019 12:29 PM
Purple Offline
Heisman

I Root For: JMU
(12-04-2019 12:29 PM)JMU_Newbill Wrote:  NDSU vs. Nicholls
Ill St. vs. Cent. Ark
JMU vs. Monmouth
Mont St. vs. Albany (would like to see 2 CAA teams in the quarters but unlikely)
Sac St. vs. Austin Peay
Montana vs. SELA
Weber vs. Kennesaw

I would also like to see Albany win. Undercuffler is a good one. It could happen. He just seems a little streaky to me.

I went with UNI over SDSU because the wabbits just aren't the same team without QB J'Bore Gibbs. Some reports say his knee injury has him out for the season. Others say he is "likely" out for the season. If he is under center come Saturday, I would flip that one and predict SDSU for the win.

SDSU would have beaten the smelly Bisons if Gibbs hadn't gotten hurt in the first quarter. My opinion. They were leading 6-3 at the half. I think Gibbs would have added another touchdown before the half and the Jacks would have won the game handily. In terms of luck, the Irish have nothing on the smelly Bisons!
12-04-2019 12:48 PM
Advertisement

JMU_Newbill Offline
All American

I Root For: JMU & Whoever Plays VT
(12-04-2019 12:48 PM)Purple Wrote:  
Ill St. vs. Cent. Ark
JMU vs. Monmouth
Sac St. vs. Austin Peay
Montana vs. SELA
Weber vs. Kennesaw

I would also like to see Albany win. Undercuffler is a good one. It could happen. He just seems a little streaky to me.

I went with UNI over SDSU because the wabbits just aren't the same team without QB J'Bore Gibbs. Some reports say his knee injury has him out for the season. Others say he is "likely" out for the season. If he is under center come Saturday, I would flip that one and predict SDSU for the win.

SDSU would have beaten the smelly Bisons if Gibbs hadn't gotten hurt in the first quarter. My opinion. They were leading 6-3 at the half. I think Gibbs would have added another touchdown before the half and the Jacks would have won the game handily. In terms of luck, the Irish have nothing on the smelly Bisons!

I'm hoping UNI's offensive woes continue. If SDSU can get to 24 I think they can pull it off then come get eviscerated by JMU.
12-04-2019 12:50 PM
Purple Offline
Heisman

(12-04-2019 12:50 PM)JMU_Newbill Wrote:  
Ill St. vs. Cent. Ark
JMU vs. Monmouth
Sac St. vs. Austin Peay
Montana vs. SELA
Weber vs. Kennesaw

I'm hoping UNI's offensive woes continue. If SDSU can get to 24 I think they can pull it off then come get eviscerated by JMU.

Yeah, another "Beatdown at Bridgeforth." They will probably be relieved if they lose to UNI. Their last trip to the burg didn't go so well for them with 10 turnovers, including 3 picks by JFM and a crushing semifinal defeat, 51-16. I would love to see a repeat of that. One of the announcers said, "SDSU has never seen a defense this good and is totally unprepared for it." I think this year's defense is even better. I don't understand why Rashad hasn't lit it up.
12-04-2019 01:07 PM
Advertisement

jmuwyhamhgawd Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Dukes
Ill St. vs. Cent. Ark
JMU vs. Monmouth
Sac St. vs. Austin Peay
Montana vs. SELA
Weber vs. Kennesaw

Sure, but SDSU just annihilated UNI two weeks ago without Gibbs. What's changed since then?
12-04-2019 01:12 PM
Purple Offline
Heisman

(12-04-2019 01:12 PM)jmuwyhamhgawd Wrote:  
Ill St. vs. Cent. Ark
JMU vs. Monmouth
Sac St. vs. Austin Peay
Montana vs. SELA
Weber vs. Kennesaw

Sure, but SDSU just annihilated UNI two weeks ago without Gibbs. What's changed since then?

SDSU lost to 4-7 South Dakota since then, who was crushed by UNI 42-27. I think this is a tough game to call.
(This post was last modified: 12-04-2019 01:32 PM by Purple.)
12-04-2019 01:27 PM
Advertisement

Purple Offline
Heisman

LOL! I didn't realize this thread posted twice.
12-04-2019 02:24 PM
BDKJMU Offline
Heisman

I Root For: James Madison
Ill St. vs. Cent. Ark
JMU vs. Monmouth
Sac St. vs. Austin Peay
Montana vs. SELA
Weber vs. Kennesaw

Pierre Strong I thought got injured late vs UNI 3 weeks ago. Is he still out?
12-04-2019 09:10 PM
Advertisement

Purple Offline
Heisman

(12-04-2019 09:10 PM)BDKJMU Wrote:  
Ill St. vs. Cent. Ark
JMU vs. Monmouth
Sac St. vs. Austin Peay
Montana vs. SELA
Weber vs. Kennesaw

Talk on the smelly Bisons board is that he "may" be back.
12-04-2019 09:35 PM
JMURocks Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: James Madison
Perusing the Rabbits board, it appears UNI has a few injuries of their own, including two WRs, LB, and TE that are questionable for the game this week.

Also: SDSU has what they believe is an NFL caliber center named Wes Genant who may be trying to preserve eligibility for next year. Its not clear if he will play for them if/when they visit BFS. Has 2 games left if he wants to be eligible next year.

http://sdsufans.com/board/showthread.php...Week/page3
12-04-2019 10:06 PM
Chalupa Batman Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: NDSU
(12-04-2019 09:10 PM)BDKJMU Wrote:  
Ill St. vs. Cent. Ark
JMU vs. Monmouth
Sac St. vs. Austin Peay
Montana vs. SELA
Weber vs. Kennesaw

Strong went out in the 2nd series the UNI game, when the score was still 0-0. The final score of that game is a little misleading though. SDSU did control the whole game, but it was only 17-7 going into the 4th before 3 TD's (including a scoop and score by the D) blew it open.

As far as their QB play with Gibbs out, he was playing well but it's not like he was playing at an All-American level where his production was impossible to replace. Keaton Heide the true freshman backup has actually played very well.

It sounds like Strong is still out for this week. Sounds like they do get another RB who also missed that game in CJ Wilson returning though.
12-04-2019 10:37 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.