Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

What about the offense????
Bookmark and Share
Party on the hill Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: Toledo
What about the offense????
It was certainly easy and appropriate to make changes to our defense, but IMO the offense needs work as well. Point: 1.) We could only score 7 points against BG, 2.) 7 points against Central 3.) 2 1st half 1st downs against Ball St 4.) Sacks allowed? i do not have the numbers but would guess we are at the bottom of the MAC. 5.) 2 minute drill or time management! Too many three and out series kept our defense on the field too long.

With point 4 its no wonder that we went through 4 quarterbacks. Often times i would see OL missing blocks and standing around, where is the development? The OL has always been one our strengths. Speaking of development, the QB, DL and WR positions were also weak after our starters. What happened to that OL that dominated the 3rd quarter of the Eastern game?

IMO i saw weekly improvement in our team over the 1st 5 games, then the opposite! i cannot put that all on the defense. But what is frustrating, how could the whole team collapse? i could not see any improvement over the last 7 games (2-5). Do we have a plan?
12-02-2019 06:38 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

UofToledoFans Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Toledo and G5
RE: What about the offense????
2 muffed kickoffs, a missed fg, a blocked fg, and a blocked punt in the first half led to the 7 point total. It was also Carter's first real game action. The defense played well that game. The offense was a mess. But ST could not have been worse. Most of our problem offensively was run blocking. When you lose an all league guy pre camp it's rough going.
12-02-2019 07:27 PM
Boca Rocket Online
Legend

I Root For:
Sacks Allowed #95 #9 MAC
Tackles for Loss Allowed #56 #5 MAC
3rd Down Conversion #88 #8 MAC
Blocked Kicks Allowed #108 #10 MAC
Total Offense #43 #5 MAC
Red Zone Offense #105 #10 MAC
Scoring Offense #78 #8 MAC
Time of Possession #67 #7 MAC
Fumbles Lost #116 #10 MAC
12-02-2019 08:45 PM
UofToledoFans Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Toledo and G5
(12-02-2019 08:45 PM)Boca Rocket Wrote:  Sacks Allowed #95 #9 MAC
Tackles for Loss Allowed #56 #5 MAC
3rd Down Conversion #88 #8 MAC
Blocked Kicks Allowed #108 #10 MAC
Total Offense #43 #5 MAC
Red Zone Offense #105 #10 MAC
Scoring Offense #78 #8 MAC
Time of Possession #67 #7 MAC
Fumbles Lost #116 #10 MAC
Most of those not so good stats are O line related and 3rd and short conversions. Also Koback stands up a bit tall and fumbles too much.
12-02-2019 09:28 PM
falconplucker Offline
1st String

I agree that the offense looks like a mess. IMO the offensive line has been weak for a couple of years. Having a couple of good quarterbacks, who were quick with getting rid of the ball and having Johnson, Johnson, and Thompson depart the wide receiving corp made a huge difference. Woodside's departure wasn't completely felt, because the wide receivers were still here. When they left there was not enough spackle to cover up the weak o-line, and the lack of a ready-to-go qb. With Peters returning, a work in progress in Carter Bradley, and a few young guys; I am beginning to wonder how long it will take to have a solid starter at qb. The wide receiving corp does not feel established yet either. Hopefully there will be some great qb coaching occurring in the off-season and a new wr unit can solidify.
12-02-2019 10:43 PM
Advertisement

Toledo Football 1st Offline
All Rockets All The Time

I Root For: T O L E D O

DonatorsDonatorsDonators
(12-02-2019 06:38 PM)Party on the hill Wrote:  It was certainly easy and appropriate to make changes to our defense, but IMO the offense needs work as well. Point: 1.) We could only score 7 points against BG, 2.) 7 points against Central 3.) 2 1st half 1st downs against Ball St 4.) Sacks allowed? i do not have the numbers but would guess we are at the bottom of the MAC. 5.) 2 minute drill or time management! Too many three and out series kept our defense on the field too long.

With point 4 its no wonder that we went through 4 quarterbacks. Often times i would see OL missing blocks and standing around, where is the development? The OL has always been one our strengths. Speaking of development, the QB, DL and WR positions were also weak after our starters. What happened to that OL that dominated the 3rd quarter of the Eastern game?

IMO i saw weekly improvement in our team over the 1st 5 games, then the opposite! i cannot put that all on the defense. But what is frustrating, how could the whole team collapse? i could not see any improvement over the last 7 games (2-5). Do we have a plan?

WELCOME to the Launch Pad Party on the hill!

All good questions and the collapse is certainly puzzling. Obviously, BGSUx staff studied the heck out of Toledo and had us completely solved. The Rockets weren't prepared AT ALL, thus the humiliation.

A question I have is, what's with our ball carriers, be it RB's or WR's fumbling the ball forward? I get the ball squirting out during a tackle or getting stripped, but I can't ever remember seeing so many balls fumbled yards forward in the direction of the defense, sometimes with minimal, if any, contact. What's with that??
(This post was last modified: 12-03-2019 11:40 PM by Toledo Football 1st.)
12-03-2019 11:14 AM
Party on the hill Offline
Bench Warmer

(12-03-2019 11:14 AM)Toledo Football 1st Wrote:  
(12-02-2019 06:38 PM)Party on the hill Wrote:  It was certainly easy and appropriate to make changes to our defense, but IMO the offense needs work as well. Point: 1.) We could only score 7 points against BG, 2.) 7 points against Central 3.) 2 1st half 1st downs against Ball St 4.) Sacks allowed? i do not have the numbers but would guess we are at the bottom of the MAC. 5.) 2 minute drill or time management! Too many three and out series kept our defense on the field too long.

All good questions and the collapse is certainly puzzling. Obviously, BGSUx staff studied the heck out of Toledo and had us completely solved. The Rockets weren't prepared AT ALL, thus the humiliation.

A question I have is, what's with our ball carriers, be it RB's or WR's fumbling the ball forward? I get the ball squirting out during a tackle or getting stripped, but I can't ever remember seeing so many balls fumbled yards _forward_ in the direction of the defense, sometimes with minimal, if any, contact. What's with that??

Thank you for the welcome! The concern i now have with all of the additional weaknesses posted, what do we work on in practice?
12-03-2019 08:10 PM
Babes boy Offline
1st String

I Root For: Toledo Rockets
(12-03-2019 08:10 PM)Party on the hill Wrote:  

A question I have is, what's with our ball carriers, be it RB's or WR's fumbling the ball forward? I get the ball squirting out during a tackle or getting stripped, but I can't ever remember seeing so many balls fumbled yards _forward_ in the direction of the defense, sometimes with minimal, if any, contact. What's with that??

Thank you for the welcome! The concern i now have with all of the additional weaknesses posted, what do we work on in practice?

Everything
12-03-2019 09:41 PM
Toledo Football 1st Offline
All Rockets All The Time

I Root For: T O L E D O

DonatorsDonatorsDonators
(12-03-2019 09:41 PM)Babes boy Wrote:  
(12-03-2019 08:10 PM)Party on the hill Wrote:  

Everything

LOL! I was going to say "Football."

Well, discipline and execution wouldn't be a bad start.
12-03-2019 11:50 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.