Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

The AAC Champ should go to Cotton Bowl
shere khan Offline
Southerner

I Root For: Tulane
Regardless of which team wins. Anything less is a travesty.

On record now, not being a homer. I've watched Boise all year. They are a joke and wouldn't finish 5th in our league.
(This post was last modified: 11-30-2019 12:15 PM by shere khan.)
11-30-2019 12:13 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Pony94 Offline

I Root For: SMU
Cotton Bowl committee agrees

Remember where it’s headquartered....
11-30-2019 12:14 PM
Jugnaut Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UCF
RE: The AAC Champ should go to Cotton Bowl
(11-30-2019 12:13 PM)shere khan Wrote:  Regardless of which team wins. Anything less is a travesty.

On record now, not being a homer. I've watched Boise all year. They are a joke and wouldn't finish 5th in our league.

Agreed. Boise looks worse than their record. I would expect them to get killed in a major bowl this year.
11-30-2019 12:56 PM
Acres Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Houston, Texas Southern
It is critical that the AAC champ go to Cotton. The only way Boise gets to play in a major bowl is to join the American.
11-30-2019 01:54 PM
CitrusUCF Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UCF/Tulsa
(11-30-2019 12:56 PM)Jugnaut Wrote:  
(11-30-2019 12:13 PM)shere khan Wrote:  Regardless of which team wins. Anything less is a travesty.

Agreed. Boise looks worse than their record. I would expect them to get killed in a major bowl this year.

Upside is that if Boise goes and gets killed but our top teams win their **** bowls, that should help the perception going forward.
11-30-2019 01:56 PM
PoiseState Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: BSU and WWU
Threads like this is why nobody takes the American Athletic Conference seriously. From the top of Aresco with this silly Power 6 marketing scheme to right to this forum where you have fans who do not really understand how college football rankings works.

There is NO WAY that if Memphis loses next week that they would put a CINCINNATI that LOST 42-0 to Ohio St, Lost by 10 to Memphis last week and would have needed two attempts to beat them. Throw in the fact they barely scraped by ECU, USF, Temple....

If you believe that you might as well stop watching college football because you do not really understand how it all works. Obviously Aresco is part of this "I don't understand how college football works group"..

If and I would say WHEN Memphis wins next week they 100% absolutely deserve to get the bid. That is not up for debate. They have looked really good this year. Definitely look like a physically tough team.

Boise is down to their THIRD QB for the season, lost by 3 in their only loss in a slush storm using a back up QB. Not to mention the MWC this year has more Power 5 wins this year.

Have your opinion all you want but at least stick to the facts. Cincinnati is not getting in over Boise. Memphis most definitely deserves the bid among the three of them.

However the only thing that makes sense if that Cincinnati could be place ahead of Appalachian St if Memphis and Boise were to lose.

This could of all been avoided if the AAC would have ACTUALLY added a west coast contingent back when BSU and SDSU we're still part of the group. East coast bias is the problem with your conference. East coast bias group think is why some of your more uneducated fans actually think Cincy still deserves a shot over Boise.

Facts are facts. There is a whole lot of "figuring" going on around here. Liars figure but actual figures never lie.
(This post was last modified: 11-30-2019 02:48 PM by PoiseState.)
11-30-2019 02:38 PM
Advertisement

bearcatmark Offline

I Root For: the Deliverator
Boise State has not played a single team better than the two teams UC lost to. Cincinnati lost to the #1 team in the country according to the CF Playoff committee and the #1 G5 team according to the committee. Both games were on the road. But sure, lets reward Boise for playing a way worse schedule and losing to a way worse team. Sounds like a good plan.
11-30-2019 02:40 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
PoiseState Offline
Special Teams

(11-30-2019 02:40 PM)bearcatmark Wrote:  Boise State has not played a single team better than the two teams UC lost to. Cincinnati lost to the #1 team in the country according to the CF Playoff committee and the #1 G5 team according to the committee. Both games were on the road. But sure, lets reward Boise for playing a way worse schedule and losing to a way worse team. Sounds like a good plan.

Boise State has wins against 7 bowl eligible teams (with winning records) Memphis has 4 (now 5) wins against teams with winning records. Cinci has 4. Boise States Opponents overall win% is 57%. Cinci is 54%, Memp is 52%. BSU SOS 38th, Memph 77th, Cinci 54th. Boise State beats the entire American in every metric, EXCEPT votes.

Like I said.. Liars figure but actual figures never lie.
(This post was last modified: 11-30-2019 02:48 PM by PoiseState.)
11-30-2019 02:43 PM
msu651981 Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: Memphis
(11-30-2019 02:38 PM)PoiseState Wrote:  Threads like this is why nobody takes the American Athletic Conference seriously. From the top of Aresco with this silly Power 6 marketing scheme to right to this forum where you have fans who do not really understand how college football rankings works.

There is NO WAY that if Memphis loses next week that they would put a CINCINNATI that LOST 42-0 to Ohio St, Lost by 10 to Memphis last week and would have needed two attempts to beat them. Throw in the fact they barely scraped by ECU, USF, Temple....

If you believe that you might as well stop watching college football because you do not really understand how it all works. Obviously Aresco is part of this "I don't understand how college football works group"..

If and I would say WHEN Memphis wins next week they 100% absolutely deserve to get the bid. That is not up for debate. They have looked really good this year. Definitely look like a physically tough team.

Boise is down to their THIRD QB for the season, lost by 3 in their only loss in a slush storm using a back up QB. Not to mention the MWC this year has more Power 5 wins this year.

Have your opinion all you want but at least stick to the facts. Cincinnati is not getting in over Boise. Memphis most definitely deserves the bid among the three of them.

However the only thing that makes sense if that Cincinnati could be place ahead of Appalachian St if Memphis and Boise were to lose.

This could of all been avoided if the AAC would have ACTUALLY added a west coast contingent back when BSU and SDSU we're still part of the group. East coast bias is the problem with your conference. East coast bias group think is why some of your more uneducated fans actually think Cincy still deserves a shot over Boise.

Facts are facts. There is a whole lot of "figuring" going on around here. Liars figure but actually figures never lie.

I noticed one of the ESPN game day guys said the AAC champ should be the G5 rep regardless of who wins next week. Also I believe I saw Cincinnati Metrics are in the 50s and Boise is over 100. Cincy lost a close game to #18 and you just squeaked by a losing record team this week
11-30-2019 02:48 PM
bearcatmark Offline

(11-30-2019 02:43 PM)PoiseState Wrote:  
(11-30-2019 02:40 PM)bearcatmark Wrote:  Boise State has not played a single team better than the two teams UC lost to. Cincinnati lost to the #1 team in the country according to the CF Playoff committee and the #1 G5 team according to the committee. Both games were on the road. But sure, lets reward Boise for playing a way worse schedule and losing to a way worse team. Sounds like a good plan.

Boise State has wins against 7 bowl eligible teams (with winning records) Memphis has 4 (now 5) wins against teams with winning records. Cinci has 4. Boise States Opponents overall win% is 57%. Cinci is 54%, Memp is 52%. BSU SOS 38th, Memph 77th, Cinci 54th. Boise State beats the entire American in every metric, EXCEPT votes.

Those SOS numbers are not right, unless you are using a really bad measure. Even before this weekend UC had faced a stronger schedule via sagarin and other good predictive computer rankings. If UC wins a significantly better conference by winning on the road at Memphis they absolutely deserve the bid. You can bet your ass UC wouldn't have lost to BYU. Boise would have lost at Memphis and at OSU as well.
11-30-2019 02:48 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
PoiseState Offline
Special Teams

42-0, 42-0, 42-0, 42-0

That is not a quality team. That is f@#king embarrassment.
11-30-2019 02:50 PM
Advertisement

Square Knight Offline
Special Teams

(11-30-2019 02:43 PM)PoiseState Wrote:  

Like I said.. Liars figure but actual figures never lie.

Link to your SOS ranking???

You must have looked LONG and HARD for the ONE SOS metric that has Boise ahead...because EVERY SOS ranking I have seen has Boise behind Memphis and Cincinnati...a LONG way behind.
11-30-2019 02:51 PM
bearcatmark Offline

(11-30-2019 02:50 PM)PoiseState Wrote:  42-0, 42-0, 42-0, 42-0

That is not a quality team. That is f@#king embarrassment.

BYU BYU BYU. The only reason Cincinnati lost yesterday and Boise State won is Boise State got to play a **** Colorado State team. Give me a freaking break. BYU lost to a team who is somewhere between the 8th and 10th best team in the AAC. This isn't complicated. Boise has a better record than Cincinnati because they didn't play anyone in the stratosphere of the two teams Cincinnati lost to. Hopefully people will look closely enough to realize it.
11-30-2019 02:52 PM
vick mike Offline
All American

I Root For: Temple U
Poisey, your post is not worth repeating but I will make a small response. You tried to put down Cincinnati say they barely scraped by USF, ECU and Temple. Temple will finish the season 8-4, with 2 p5 wins and a top 20 win. We beat the two teams you categorized us with. People with little knowledge of college football still think of the Temple of 20 years ago; I assure you we are not.

As for your attempt to rewrite history regarding Boise joining the American, the decision to not join was 100% on you. You wanted preferential treatment and when the rest of the conference said no you left. Your choice but you cannot now say it’s someone else’s responsibility.

East coast bias pontificators are whining babies, enough said.

The P6 campaign is actually very successful. Dim people believe we are saying we are equal to the SEC or B10, when the actual goal is to separate from the G4. And whaddya know its worked! Our conference contract says so.

So basically Poisey your entire rant of a post is:
A. Wrong, and
B. Whiny
11-30-2019 02:54 PM
PoiseState Offline
Special Teams

Need I remind you 42-0 is not a "QUALITY LOSS" it is a complete embarrassment.
11-30-2019 02:56 PM
PoiseState Offline
Special Teams

What if I told you that a team couldn't even muster a point against another team.

That sounds more like and FBS school playing a FCS school score.

Am I right? Am I right?
11-30-2019 02:58 PM
Advertisement

bearcatmark Offline

Your knock on Cincinnati is they got killed, on the road, against the best team in the country, who has killed everyone all season long.

And you somehow think you're making a great point.
(This post was last modified: 11-30-2019 03:01 PM by bearcatmark.)
11-30-2019 03:00 PM
Square Knight Offline
Special Teams

(11-30-2019 02:58 PM)PoiseState Wrote:  What if I told you that a team couldn't even muster a point against another team.

Am I right? Am I right?

Still waiting for that SOS link. 07-coffee3
11-30-2019 03:01 PM
PoiseState Offline
Special Teams

Wait...wait.. wait... hold on.... I am being a little harsh here....

Who was the only team that couldn't score even a single point against Ohio State?

Ohh that's right .. A POWER 6 potential conference champion....
11-30-2019 03:02 PM
PoiseState Offline
Special Teams

(11-30-2019 03:01 PM)Square Knight Wrote:  
(11-30-2019 02:58 PM)PoiseState Wrote:  What if I told you that a team couldn't even muster a point against another team.

Am I right? Am I right?

Still waiting for that SOS link. 07-coffee3

http://www.cpiratings.com/archives/current.html
11-30-2019 03:04 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.