Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Playoff ticket info from JMU Sports released (link)
Bookmark and Share
Wear Purple Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: JMU
Exclamation Playoff ticket info from JMU Sports released (link)
Link: https://jmusports.com/news/2019/11/12/fo...yoffs.aspx

Time to whip out the top 10 excuses for why folks can't attend home playoff games in December...

10. Must get hair and nails done (and these are the guys)

9. My brother's neighbor's attorney's uncle's mistress is getting married in Bangladesh and I must attend

8. We have an office Christmas party featuring Weird Al Yankovic doing hip hop versions of Merle Haggard songs

7. Have to celebrate Chaka Khan (and we're Muslim)

6. Can't afford it as I'm broke from wagering my entire life savings on the Redskins to win the Super Bowl this year

5. Saving up money to go to Frisco for the championship game

4. It's too cold - and yes, KC Keeler is our hero

3. Our dog must be groomed - yes, every Friday and Saturday in December

2. Oh crap, I forgot about this...maybe next year

and...

1. 17 or 18 thousand people in the stadium are enough - filling it up for home playoff games? Meeeeh, that's for the Bizon.

04-cheers
(This post was last modified: 11-12-2019 02:18 PM by Wear Purple.)
11-12-2019 01:53 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

BDKJMU Offline
Heisman

I Root For: James Madison
RE: Playoff ticket info from JMU Sports released (link)
The e-mail they sent out says:
“Semifinal Round Friday or Saturday, December 21”

Yet the football schedule on JMU Sports.com says:
“DEC 21 (SAT)
FCS PLAYOFFS SEMIFINALS“

So which is it? Semis on Fri and Sat as its been in the past at least for a couple decades, or both semis on Sat?
11-12-2019 03:19 PM
Wear Purple Offline
Hall of Famer

(11-12-2019 03:19 PM)BDKJMU Wrote:  The e-mail they sent out says:

“DEC 21 (SAT)
FCS PLAYOFFS SEMIFINALS“

So which is it? Semis on Fri and Sat as its been in the past at least for a couple decades, or both semis on Sat?

It was reported last week that both semifinal games will be on Saturday this year. One quarterfinal game will be on Friday with other 3 on Saturday. That was per ESPN release.
11-12-2019 03:21 PM
JMU85 Offline
All American

I Root For: The Dukes of JMU
(11-12-2019 03:19 PM)BDKJMU Wrote:  The e-mail they sent out says:

“DEC 21 (SAT)
FCS PLAYOFFS SEMIFINALS“

It appears both semis are Saturday
https://www.ncaa.com/championships/footb...ampionship
11-12-2019 03:23 PM
Dukester Offline

Both Semis are on Saturday this year.
11-12-2019 03:26 PM
ShadyP Offline
Heisman

(11-12-2019 01:53 PM)Wear Purple Wrote:  Link: https://jmusports.com/news/2019/11/12/fo...yoffs.aspx

Time to whip out the top 10 excuses for why folks can't attend home playoff games in December...

10. Must get hair and nails done (and these are the guys)

9. My brother's neighbor's attorney's uncle's mistress is getting married in Bangladesh and I must attend

8. We have an office Christmas party featuring Weird Al Yankovic doing hip hop versions of Merle Haggard songs

7. Have to celebrate Chaka Khan (and we're Muslim)

6. Can't afford it as I'm broke from wagering my entire life savings on the Redskins to win the Super Bowl this year

5. Saving up money to go to Frisco for the championship game

4. It's too cold - and yes, KC Keeler is our hero

3. Our dog must be groomed - yes, every Friday and Saturday in December

2. Oh crap, I forgot about this...maybe next year

and...

1. 17 or 18 thousand people in the stadium are enough - filling it up for home playoff games? Meeeeh, that's for the Bizon.

04-cheers

You forgot the.......i don't care about home playoff games against top OOC competition in BFS...........I only want that in the regular season.
11-12-2019 03:47 PM
Advertisement

2Buck Offline
All American

I'm considering bringing my sons up for one of the playoff games. I'm used to cold weather but they're Carolina born and raised, and haven't attended a game with me beyond October. It will definitely have to be a day game (no Friday nights).

Anyone have cold weather seating considerations they'd like to share? Which sections are "warmest", in the most sun without it being in you eyes, etc?
11-14-2019 12:42 PM
Deez Nuts Offline
Moderator. Go Dukes!

I Root For: the Dukes
The only sections that would have sun from like noon to 330p is the Godwin side (section 6-8); I think you're gonna be left in the cold though. Drink your bourbon to keep warm. Anything on the new side will be shaded by probably 2pm.
11-14-2019 12:51 PM
2Buck Offline
All American

(11-14-2019 12:51 PM)Deez Nuts Wrote:  The only sections that would have sun from like noon to 330p is the Godwin side (section 6-8); I think you're gonna be left in the cold though. Drink your bourbon to keep warm. Anything on the new side will be shaded by probably 2pm.

Thx. Kids might be getting club seats for their Christmas presents this year.
11-14-2019 12:55 PM
BleedingPurple Offline
Hall of Famer

(11-14-2019 12:42 PM)2Buck Wrote:  I'm considering bringing my sons up for one of the playoff games. I'm used to cold weather but they're Carolina born and raised, and haven't attended a game with me beyond October. It will definitely have to be a day game (no Friday nights).

Anyone have cold weather seating considerations they'd like to share? Which sections are "warmest", in the most sun without it being in you eyes, etc?

2Buck, I used to prepare my daughter in ski attire, purple of course. Never once complained about the cold until she became a teenager and refused to dress appropriately for a cold game. I couldn't even get mits on her paws.
(This post was last modified: 11-14-2019 12:57 PM by BleedingPurple.)
11-14-2019 12:56 PM
drewmey Offline
Water Engineer

(11-14-2019 12:42 PM)2Buck Wrote:  I'm considering bringing my sons up for one of the playoff games. I'm used to cold weather but they're Carolina born and raised, and haven't attended a game with me beyond October. It will definitely have to be a day game (no Friday nights).

Club seats are warm. As are the box seats. Actually they have literal heaters that can be turned on which face you that are mounted on the ceiling directly above/in front of the dozen or so seats per box. Not to mention stepping inside behind the storefront.

How much are you looking to donate? 03-rotfl
11-14-2019 01:00 PM
Advertisement

2Buck Offline
All American

(11-14-2019 12:56 PM)BleedingPurple Wrote:  

2Buck, I used to prepare my daughter in ski attire, purple of course. Never once complained about the cold until she became a teenager and refused to dress appropriately for a cold game. I couldn't even get mits on her paws.

I guess that's the one thing in their favor, unlike teenage girls that care about their appearance, my sons could care less about fashion and hygiene. They'd wear a fresh deer carcass if they thought it'd keep them warm.
11-14-2019 01:05 PM
jmu98 Offline
All American

(11-14-2019 01:00 PM)drewmey Wrote:  

Club seats are warm. As are the box seats. Actually they have literal heaters that can be turned on which face you that are mounted on the ceiling directly above/in front of the dozen or so seats per box. Not to mention stepping inside behind the storefront.

When those heaters are turned on in the box seats for the suites it is actually too hot and the lamps almost give you a sunburn. Going inside actually cools you off.
11-14-2019 01:08 PM
drewmey Offline
Water Engineer

(11-14-2019 01:08 PM)jmu98 Wrote:  

When those heaters are turned on in the box seats for the suites it is actually too hot and the lamps almost give you a sunburn. Going inside actually cools you off.

Yep, I have heard that. Been in the RBI box a couple times. But never when it is cold.
11-14-2019 01:09 PM
RamDawg Offline
1st String

I Root For: JMU VCU
(11-14-2019 12:55 PM)2Buck Wrote:  
(11-14-2019 12:51 PM)Deez Nuts Wrote:  The only sections that would have sun from like noon to 330p is the Godwin side (section 6-8); I think you're gonna be left in the cold though. Drink your bourbon to keep warm. Anything on the new side will be shaded by probably 2pm.

You can use me as a tax deduction and I'll call you daddy (only if you insist) if you put me on your Christmas list. Joking aside, that's a great Dad kind of gift that only a Dad would do! (Maybe some moms)
11-14-2019 01:14 PM
lingerba Offline
Special Teams

(11-14-2019 01:08 PM)jmu98 Wrote:  

We sit in the top row of the 200 level. The heat from the suites radiates down on the first couple of rows. It is very nice and we generally take a layer or two off while there. You can feel a major difference when you head down to go into the stadium.
11-14-2019 01:18 PM
Advertisement

Deez Nuts Offline
Moderator. Go Dukes!

Club seats are for sale for playoff games BTW.
11-14-2019 01:39 PM
2Buck Offline
All American

(11-14-2019 01:39 PM)Deez Nuts Wrote:  Club seats are for sale for playoff games BTW.

I saw that, and the $150 is total cost? There's no "seat contribution" on top of it?
11-14-2019 02:49 PM
2Buck Offline
All American

(11-14-2019 01:14 PM)RamDawg Wrote:  
(11-14-2019 12:55 PM)2Buck Wrote:  

You can use me as a tax deduction and I'll call you daddy (only if you insist) if you put me on your Christmas list. Joking aside, that's a great Dad kind of gift that only a Dad would do! (Maybe some moms)

Tell ya what, you take one of my sons off my hands and I'll put you at the top of my Christmas list!
11-14-2019 02:51 PM
Deez Nuts Offline
Moderator. Go Dukes!

(11-14-2019 02:49 PM)2Buck Wrote:  
(11-14-2019 01:39 PM)Deez Nuts Wrote:  Club seats are for sale for playoff games BTW.

I saw that, and the $150 is total cost? There's no "seat contribution" on top of it?

That was my impression. Looks like tickets are discounted for those who made seat contributions, so I read it that joe schmo can buy club tickets for playoff games if they are ready to shell out the cash. I don't know if you have full club food/bar amenities that come with the regular or not.
11-14-2019 03:33 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.