Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

MAC WBB
Bookmark and Share
Dwight Offline
1st String

I Root For: Rockets
MAC WBB
Tough opening night for the MAC women. Ohio, after going unbeaten last year during the out-of-conference season, lost at Syracuse. Northern Illinois lost at home against Harvard. Ball State was inept in a loss to IUPUI. Kent State is in a nailbiter against Duquesne starting the 4th quarter.

Toledo won at Georgia State, and Buffalo beat Central Connecticut.
11-05-2019 10:01 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Eagle66 Online
1st String

I Root For: Ohio
RE: MAC WBB
Ohio had a 14 point lead in the first quarter, but Syracuse shows why they’re ranked with some big runs when Ohio went cold.
11-05-2019 10:04 PM
Dwight Offline
1st String

Kent State beat Duquesne 77-75 on a Megan Carter jumper at the buzzer. Good win for the Flashes, who were behind most of the game.
11-05-2019 10:36 PM
axeme Offline
Sage

I Root For: hoops

Folding@NCAAbbsDonatorsCrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappies
Flashes rally from 13 down in the second half to beat Duquesne 77-75 on a last second shot in the lane.
11-05-2019 10:36 PM
Dwight Offline
1st String

There was plenty to like for Chips fans in their team's double-overtime home loss to Green Bay. Most noteworthy, freshman point guard Molly Davis is going to be a MAC star. However, there was also plenty to be frustrated about. Namely, the Chips blew a big lead in regulation and then went 2-8 from the free throw line at the end of the first overtime to give Green Bay a chance. Green Bay had the ball at midcourt down two with ten seconds to go in the first overtime. A Chips player deflected the inbounds pass into the backcourt but was then outhustled to the ball by the Green Bay player. The other four Chips were watching the play, getting ready to celebrate. The Green Bay player recovered the ball, and two easy passes later Green Bay had an uncontested lay-up to tie the game with less than a second left.

Davis is one of three excellent new MAC point guards I have seen - the others being freshman Dyaisha Fair of Buffalo and Bowling Green's junior college transfer Mari Hill. Bowling Green looked impressive last night crushing Cleveland State. The Falcons were playing without last year's leading scorer, Andrea Cecil, who is out with an injury. Hill is very quick defensively.
11-07-2019 07:12 AM
GoBullsGo Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Buffalo Bulls
Dyaisha Fair is something else. 31 points 7 assists for UB in today’s win. Coach Jack has put a lot of trust in Fair considering she’s a true freshman doing her best to fill the void left by Cierra Dillard.
11-09-2019 11:53 PM
Advertisement

Dwight Offline
1st String

(11-09-2019 11:53 PM)GoBullsGo Wrote:  Dyaisha Fair is something else. 31 points 7 assists for UB in today’s win. Coach Jack has put a lot of trust in Fair considering she’s a true freshman doing her best to fill the void left by Cierra Dillard.

Yeah, looks like the Bulls have reloaded with Fair. When Buffalo gets Summer Hemphill back, they should be a force.
11-10-2019 07:17 AM
DICK Offline
1st String

I Root For:
Miami lost at #18 DePaul 98-79 in the WNIT. We also have an excellent freshman guard in Peyton Scott, who had 15 points 7 rebounds 3 assists, and 3 steals in her first game and against top competition. Scott was the one of the 5 top freshmen who did not transfer after Coach Duffy left.
11-10-2019 11:16 PM
Dwight Offline
1st String

(11-10-2019 11:16 PM)DICK Wrote:  Miami lost at #18 DePaul 98-79 in the WNIT. We also have an excellent freshman guard in Peyton Scott, who had 15 points 7 rebounds 3 assists, and 3 steals in her first game and against top competition. Scott was the one of the 5 top freshmen who did not transfer after Coach Duffy left.

Sad to think what might have been at Miami!
11-11-2019 07:50 AM
Eagle66 Online
1st String

Erica Johnson had 24 points 13 rebounds and 11 assists in Ohio’s 81-69 win over American this weekend. It was the first triple double in Bobcat Women’s basketball history.
11-11-2019 04:37 PM
GoBullsGo Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Buffalo Bulls
(11-11-2019 04:37 PM)Eagle66 Wrote:  Erica Johnson had 24 points 13 rebounds and 11 assists in Ohio’s 81-69 win over American this weekend. It was the first triple double in Bobcat Women’s basketball history.

I’ve continued to be impressed with the talent level present in MAC women’s basketball.
11-11-2019 05:40 PM
Advertisement

Siborg Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Bowling Green
(11-07-2019 07:12 AM)Dwight Wrote:  There was plenty to like for Chips fans in their team's double-overtime home loss to Green Bay. Most noteworthy, freshman point guard Molly Davis is going to be a MAC star. However, there was also plenty to be frustrated about. Namely, the Chips blew a big lead in regulation and then went 2-8 from the free throw line at the end of the first overtime to give Green Bay a chance. Green Bay had the ball at midcourt down two with ten seconds to go in the first overtime. A Chips player deflected the inbounds pass into the backcourt but was then outhustled to the ball by the Green Bay player. The other four Chips were watching the play, getting ready to celebrate. The Green Bay player recovered the ball, and two easy passes later Green Bay had an uncontested lay-up to tie the game with less than a second left.

Davis is one of three excellent new MAC point guards I have seen - the others being freshman Dyaisha Fair of Buffalo and Bowling Green's junior college transfer Mari Hill. Bowling Green looked impressive last night crushing Cleveland State. The Falcons were playing without last year's leading scorer, Andrea Cecil, who is out with an injury. Hill is very quick defensively.

BG's Hill had 9 steals vs Cleveland St. BG's incoming class looks pretty good and are finding a lot of minutes (in 2 games). I think BG will be much more competitive in the MAC this year.
11-11-2019 05:44 PM
Dwight Offline
1st String

Since Saturday the MAC is 9-1. Only loss was Toledo at home against Dayton.
11-13-2019 10:16 PM
Dwight Offline
1st String

Anyone who hasn't seen Buffalo play yet should find an opportunity. Barring injury or transfer, freshman Dyaisha Fair will end her career as the most prolific scorer in MAC history. Buffalo has another talented freshman in 6'3" forward Loren Christie. Theresa Onwuka has been playing extremely well. The Bulls haven't played anyone good yet. Tonight was their biggest challenge against a decent Columbia team. But they are 4-0 without Summer Hemphill, who is due to return soon from an injury.
11-15-2019 09:03 PM
OUBobcat1804 Offline
Water Engineer

Ohio beats Ohio State 74-68!
11-17-2019 03:58 PM
Dwight Offline
1st String

(11-17-2019 03:58 PM)OUBobcat1804 Wrote:  Ohio beats Ohio State 74-68!

That's a great win for the Bobcats and for the MAC. This is the type of game Ohio needed to win with an eye toward the postseason. And it's not like Ohio shot lights-out today - 38% from the field, 33% on three-pointers, 69% from the line. I don't see this game as being much of an upset. I would say an upset only because it was on the Buckeyes' home court.
11-17-2019 04:06 PM
Advertisement

axeme Offline
Sage

I Root For: hoops

Folding@NCAAbbsDonatorsCrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappies
Buckeyes visit Kent on Thursday.
11-17-2019 04:55 PM
Rocket A Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Toledo Rockets

Congrats, Bobcats!!!
11-17-2019 05:29 PM
DICK Offline
1st String

I Root For:

Great win for OU and for the MAC. Those kind of wins help the perception of MAC women's basketball. We all knew OU should have been rewarded with a deserved NCAA bid last year. Wins like this help OU and help all of us. MACEast women's hoops could have a banner year.
11-17-2019 05:42 PM
DICK Offline
1st String

I Root For:

Great win for OU and for the MAC. Those kind of wins help the perception of MAC women's basketball. We all knew OU should have been rewarded with a deserved NCAA bid last year. Wins like this help OU and help all of us. MACEast women's hoops could have a banner year.
11-17-2019 07:35 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.