Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

For Fun: Power 8 Conference Realignment - Setting Up the Conferences
HiddenDragon Offline
Banned

I Root For:
BlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk Award
Exclamation For Fun: Power 8 Conference Realignment - Setting Up the Conferences
I saw this on Youtube and thought some of you would want to debate it. I thought it was hilarious!

10-30-2019 05:57 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Mav Offline
1st String

I Root For: Omaha
RE: For Fun: Power 8 Conference Realignment - Setting Up the Conferences
(10-30-2019 05:57 PM)HiddenDragon Wrote:  I saw this on Youtube and thought some of you would want to debate it. I thought it was hilarious!

51:40's a little long, but there are a bunch of threads on that on Operation Sports. The weirdest setup I had was when I was going for tight footprints and ended up with Kentucky and Louisville in the Big Ten and Nebraska in the Mountain West.

I guess the game code still allows you to put teams in the Big West and WAC if you use an editor to mess with the save files, it just ruins the scheduling algorithm if you do. There's a lot we could do with the game if EA would let us. It just kind of makes you wonder what could have been.
10-30-2019 10:00 PM
chargeradio Offline
Vamos Morados

I Root For: ALA, KY, USA
Pac 8 - UW, WSU, Oregon, Oregon St, Cal, UCLA, Stanford, Southern Cal
Big 8 - Nebraska, ISU, Missouri, KU, KSU, Oklahoma, Oklahoma St, Colorado
SWC - Texas, Texas A&M, Texas Tech, Baylor, Arizona, Arizona St, Utah, Arkansas
ACC - Duke, UNC, NCSU, Wake, Virginia, Maryland, Georgia Tech, Clemson
SEC - LSU, Miss, Miss St, Alabama, Auburn, Georgia, Florida, Tennessee
Big 9 - Michigan, Ohio St, Indiana, Purdue, Illinois, Northwestern, Minnesota, Iowa, Wisconsin
Big East - BC, Pitt, Syracuse, Miami-FL, WVU, Virginia Tech, Rutgers, Notre Dame
Metro - South Carolina, Vanderbilt, Louisville, Michigan State, Florida State, Penn State, Kentucky, TCU
10-31-2019 12:54 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
RUScarlets Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Rutgers
(10-31-2019 12:54 AM)chargeradio Wrote:  Pac 8 - UW, WSU, Oregon, Oregon St, Cal, UCLA, Stanford, Southern Cal
Big 9 - Michigan, Ohio St, Indiana, Purdue, Illinois, Northwestern, Minnesota, Iowa, Wisconsin
Big East - BC, Pitt, Syracuse, Miami-FL, WVU, Virginia Tech, Rutgers, Notre Dame
Metro - South Carolina, Vanderbilt, Louisville, Michigan State, Florida State, Penn State, Kentucky, TCU

Had me until the Metro, not sure what to do with some of those clubs.
10-31-2019 07:57 AM
Baylorbears11 Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: Baylor
(10-31-2019 07:57 AM)RUScarlets Wrote:  
(10-31-2019 12:54 AM)chargeradio Wrote:  Pac 8 - UW, WSU, Oregon, Oregon St, Cal, UCLA, Stanford, Southern Cal

Where did Utah and BYU go?
10-31-2019 08:20 AM
Advertisement

IHAVETRIED Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Louisville
(10-31-2019 08:20 AM)Baylorbears11 Wrote:  

Where did Utah and BYU go?
Utah is in SWC (!!)
10-31-2019 10:23 AM
bullet Offline
Legend

I Root For: Texas, UK, UGA

Gets difficult if you try to keep it to 8 team conferences. You could do deja vu from late 80s/early 90s:
Pac 10-USC, UCLA, Stanford, Cal, OR, OR St., UW, WSU, AZ, AZ St.
Big 10-IA, MN, WI, IL, NW, IU, PU, MI St., UM, tOSU
SEC-LSU, Ole Miss, MSU, UK, TN, Vandy, UGA, AL, Auburn, FL
Big 8+-ISU, KU, KSU, Nebraska, MU, OU, Ok. St., CU, Utah, BYU
SWC-Texas, A&M, Tech, TCU, Baylor, SMU, Rice, UH, Ark., Tulane
ACC-FSU, Georgia Tech, Clemson, UNC, NCSU, Duke, WF, UVA, MD, S. Carolina
Big East-Pitt, Syr., BC, Rutgers, VT, WVU, Temple, Miami, Penn St., ND
Metro/CUSA-Louisville, Cincy, UConn, Temple, USF, UCF, ECU, Memphis, Tulsa, USM
(This post was last modified: 10-31-2019 10:52 AM by bullet.)
10-31-2019 10:51 AM
CardinalJim Offline
Welcome to The New Age

Some of the above abominations are no better than those we already have. Let’s put an end to that with the Top 30 or so revenue producing programs breaking away and forming three conferences. Those that make the money keep the money.

Texas
Texas A&M
Ohio State
Michigan
Alabama
Georgia
Oklahoma
Florida State
Penn State
Florida
Wisconsin
Auburn
Michigan State
LSU
Tennessee
Nebraska
South Carolina
Iowa
Louisville
Kentucky
UCLA
Arkansas
Washington
Minnesota
Indiana
Oregon
Clemson
Arizona
Illinois
Mississippi

These 30 schools produce the most revenue and should get the biggest pieces of the pie. Break these programs down into geographically sensible conferences of 10. These programs will all pay players.

This is what we need. A culling of the herd. Teams that are leftover can form conferences based on their geography and ability to pay players.
(This post was last modified: 10-31-2019 11:22 AM by CardinalJim.)
10-31-2019 11:21 AM
YNot Offline
All American

I Root For: BYU
I say go Power 2. B1G and SEC expand by absorbing most of the PAC, B12, and ACC.

Wildcard game between the lowest divisional champ and one runner-up in each conference.

Then, B1G semifinals in Las Vegas and Indianapolis. B1G championship game = Rose Bowl. SEC semifinals in Atlanta and Arlington. SEC championship game = Orange Bowl or Sugar Bowl.

B1G and SEC champions meet for the National Championship. No selections committee...based on on-field results.

I'd make some adjustments in the membership, but you can use the P8 conference structure as the B1G and SEC divisions. For instance, all the teams currently in the B1G would stay in the B1G and all the teams currently in the SEC would remain in the SEC.

B1G East - Michigan, Ohio St, Notre Dame, Maryland, Syracuse, Miami-FL, Penn St., Rutgers
B1G North - Michigan State, Indiana, Purdue, Illinois, Northwestern, Minnesota, Iowa, Wisconsin
B1G South - Nebraska, Texas, Oklahoma, Kansas, Utah, Colorado, Arizona, Arizona St.
B1G West - USC, UCLA, Stanford, Cal, Washington, Oregon, Washington St., Oregon St.

SEC South - LSU, Miss, Miss St, Alabama, Auburn, Georgia, Florida, Tennessee
SEC East - South Carolina, Kentucky, Clemson, Florida State, Virginia Tech, Pitt, WVU, Louisville
SEC Atlantic - Vanderbilt, Duke, UNC, NCSU, Wake, Virginia, Georgia Tech, Boston College
SEC West - Texas A&M, Missouri, Arkansas, Texas Tech, TCU, Iowa St., Oklahoma St, Kansas St.

Left out: Baylor (joins the AAC).

7 divisional games, 3 cross-division games, 2 cross-conference games, 1 exhibition home game against G5. Only divisional games count to determine divisional champ (cross-division games used for tie-breakers).

Many of the bowl games will be inter-divisional, but intra-conference...some will be cross-conference.
10-31-2019 12:59 PM
Advertisement

bullet Offline
Legend

I Root For: Texas, UK, UGA
(10-31-2019 12:59 PM)YNot Wrote:  I say go Power 2. B1G and SEC expand by absorbing most of the PAC, B12, and ACC.

Wildcard game between the lowest divisional champ and one runner-up in each conference.

Then, B1G semifinals in Las Vegas and Indianapolis. B1G championship game = Rose Bowl. SEC semifinals in Atlanta and Arlington. SEC championship game = Orange Bowl or Sugar Bowl.

B1G and SEC champions meet for the National Championship. No selections committee...based on on-field results.

I'd make some adjustments in the membership, but you can use the P8 conference structure as the B1G and SEC divisions. For instance, all the teams currently in the B1G would stay in the B1G and all the teams currently in the SEC would remain in the SEC.

B1G East - Michigan, Ohio St, Notre Dame, Maryland, Syracuse, Miami-FL, Penn St., Rutgers
B1G North - Michigan State, Indiana, Purdue, Illinois, Northwestern, Minnesota, Iowa, Wisconsin
B1G South - Nebraska, Texas, Oklahoma, Kansas, Utah, Colorado, Arizona, Arizona St.
B1G West - USC, UCLA, Stanford, Cal, Washington, Oregon, Washington St., Oregon St.

SEC East - South Carolina, Kentucky, Clemson, Florida State, Virginia Tech, Pitt, WVU, Louisville
SEC Atlantic - Vanderbilt, Duke, UNC, NCSU, Wake, Virginia, Georgia Tech, Boston College
SEC West - Texas A&M, Missouri, Arkansas, Texas Tech, TCU, Iowa St., Oklahoma St, Kansas St.

7 divisional games, 3 cross-division games, 2 cross-conference games, 1 exhibition home game against G5. Only divisional games count to determine divisional champ (cross-division games used for tie-breakers).

Many of the bowl games will be inter-divisional, but intra-conference...some will be cross-conference.

With Art Briles I understand why, but its still kind of amusing to see the #11/12 team in the country left out.
10-31-2019 01:19 PM
YNot Offline
All American

I Root For: BYU
(10-31-2019 01:19 PM)bullet Wrote:  
(10-31-2019 12:59 PM)YNot Wrote:  I say go Power 2. B1G and SEC expand by absorbing most of the PAC, B12, and ACC.

With Art Briles I understand why, but its still kind of amusing to see the #11/12 team in the country left out.

As well as #15, #17, #20, #21, #24, and #25.
10-31-2019 01:42 PM
DavidSt Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: ATU, P7
(10-31-2019 11:21 AM)CardinalJim Wrote:  Some of the above abominations are no better than those we already have. Let’s put an end to that with the Top 30 or so revenue producing programs breaking away and forming three conferences. Those that make the money keep the money.

Texas
Texas A&M
Ohio State
Michigan
Alabama
Georgia
Oklahoma
Florida State
Penn State
Florida
Wisconsin
Auburn
Michigan State
LSU
Tennessee
Nebraska
South Carolina
Iowa
Louisville
Kentucky
UCLA
Arkansas
Washington
Minnesota
Indiana
Oregon
Clemson
Arizona
Illinois
Mississippi

These 30 schools produce the most revenue and should get the biggest pieces of the pie. Break these programs down into geographically sensible conferences of 10. These programs will all pay players.

This is what we need. A culling of the herd. Teams that are leftover can form conferences based on their geography and ability to pay players.

They will lose money this way and not more because of travel cost, prices to stay at a hotel, etc are very high.
11-01-2019 03:16 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
penguino Offline
2nd String

I Root For: rutgers
(11-01-2019 03:16 AM)DavidSt Wrote:  
(10-31-2019 11:21 AM)CardinalJim Wrote:  Some of the above abominations are no better than those we already have. Let’s put an end to that with the Top 30 or so revenue producing programs breaking away and forming three conferences. Those that make the money keep the money.

Texas
Texas A&M
Ohio State
Michigan
Alabama
Georgia
Oklahoma
Florida State
Penn State
Florida
Wisconsin
Auburn
Michigan State
LSU
Tennessee
Nebraska
South Carolina
Iowa
Louisville
Kentucky
UCLA
Arkansas
Washington
Minnesota
Indiana
Oregon
Clemson
Arizona
Illinois
Mississippi

They will lose money this way and not more because of travel cost, prices to stay at a hotel, etc are very high.

Louisville???? LOL - None of those B1G schools listed would ever be in a conference with Louisville........
11-01-2019 09:23 AM
Advertisement

templefootballfan Offline
Heisman

I Root For: TU & BGSU & TEX
8 school conf went out in the 90,s
11-01-2019 09:28 AM
BePcr07 Offline
All American

I Root For: Boise St & Zags
(11-01-2019 09:28 AM)templefootballfan Wrote:  8 school conf went out in the 90,s

I don't believe the point of the OP is set in reality. The title begins with "For Fun".
11-01-2019 10:36 AM
DavidSt Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: ATU, P7
Yeah, that video had Eastern Michigan in the Big 10.
11-01-2019 02:41 PM
CardinalJim Offline
Welcome to The New Age

(11-01-2019 09:23 AM)penguino Wrote:  
(11-01-2019 03:16 AM)DavidSt Wrote:  

Texas
Texas A&M
Ohio State
Michigan
Alabama
Georgia
Oklahoma
Florida State
Penn State
Florida
Wisconsin
Auburn
Michigan State
LSU
Tennessee
Nebraska
South Carolina
Iowa
Louisville
Kentucky
UCLA
Arkansas
Washington
Minnesota
Indiana
Oregon
Clemson
Arizona
Illinois
Mississippi

Louisville???? LOL - None of those B1G schools listed would ever be in a conference with Louisville........

It’s based on revenue. They are in order from 1-30. Louisville is #19. Rutgers is #38 for a point of reference.
11-01-2019 04:01 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.