Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Game 9: Elon
Bookmark and Share
Tribe3455 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: William & Mary
Next...
Team is fully eliminated from playoff hopes but won’t quit. This is a huge opportunity to make a move in the right direction for London’s program. Recruiting will depend on a strong finish.
10-27-2019 05:12 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

SoCal Frank Offline
Jersey Retired
Jersey Retired

I Root For: Wm and Mary
RE: Game 9: Elon
Difficult to imagine playing the Elon’s; a school most people have never heard of. Let’s hope we win a two way shoot out. Just imagine Coach to recruits. We beat the Elon’s!!! BFD
10-28-2019 09:18 AM
NC Tribe Offline
1st String

I Root For: W&M, JMU
I will be there in Section 110 with my butt squarely (roundly?) on the 50 yard line right behind the Tribe bench.

Weather supposed to be decent, mid-60's and no rain. I hope that holds. Went to the JMU game there on 9/28. One of the hottest games I have ever attended, the sun was brutal.

Go Tribe, beat the Phoenix!

I would have preferred the Indians against the Fighting Christians, but both schools have moved on from those more exciting monikers.
10-28-2019 09:33 AM
Tribe3455 Offline
Special Teams

(10-28-2019 09:18 AM)SoCal Frank Wrote:  Difficult to imagine playing the Elon’s; a school most people have never heard of. Let’s hope we win a two way shoot out. Just imagine Coach to recruits. We beat the Elon’s!!! BFD

Thanks for the contribution. I dare say that almost all of the kids we recruit (none of the Texas/California kids possibly) are very familiar with Elon and have likely been recruited by them as well.
10-28-2019 09:47 AM
nogretheogre Offline
Lord of Bots & Tots

(10-28-2019 09:47 AM)Tribe3455 Wrote:  
(10-28-2019 09:18 AM)SoCal Frank Wrote:  Difficult to imagine playing the Elon’s; a school most people have never heard of. Let’s hope we win a two way shoot out. Just imagine Coach to recruits. We beat the Elon’s!!! BFD

Thanks for the contribution. I dare say that almost all of the kids we recruit (none of the Texas/California kids possibly) are very familiar with Elon and have likely been recruited by them as well.

Yeah, Elon has come out of nowhere, but it seems like its a NC hybrid of JMU feel packaged into a Richmond size. Ive seen a fair number of bumper stickers up in the Northeast.
10-28-2019 10:24 AM
A Quest Called Tribe Offline
2nd String

The thing is... most people have never heard of a lot of schools in the CAA. I was an 18 year old freshman on the campus of William and Mary when I learned about the existence of a "James Madison University." I wouldn't throw stones.

And while I'd love to make fun of Elon's upstart reputation, it would be nice to beat them once in a while. Whoever they are, they'll be finishing above us in the standings for the third straight season.
10-28-2019 10:45 AM
Advertisement

Tribe32 Offline
All American

I Root For: Tribe
Elon used to be real easy to get into if you had money to pay the tuition. Academics are better and so are the athletics. High Point is in a similar place that Elon was 30 years ago.
10-28-2019 03:14 PM
TribeNomad Offline
1st String

I Root For: W&M Tribe
(10-28-2019 10:45 AM)A Quest Called Tribe Wrote:  

The thing is... most people have never heard of a lot of schools in the CAA. I was an 18 year old freshman on the campus of William and Mary when I learned about the existence of a "James Madison University." I wouldn't throw stones.

And while I'd love to make fun of Elon's upstart reputation, it would be nice to beat them once in a while. Whoever they are, they'll be finishing above us in the standings for the third straight season.

03-weeping
10-28-2019 04:12 PM
Rocco Offline
All American

I Root For: William and Mar
(10-28-2019 04:12 PM)TribeNomad Wrote:  
(10-28-2019 10:45 AM)A Quest Called Tribe Wrote:  

03-weeping

[Image: giphy.gif]
10-28-2019 04:41 PM
zablenoise Offline
Heisman

Whatever. I agree with SoCal. Playing Elon does nothing for the program and only really matters for those between the sidelines.

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk
10-28-2019 05:16 PM
Tribal Offline

We have a lot of winning to do before we should talk about how our opponents do nothing for us.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
10-28-2019 05:37 PM
Advertisement

zablenoise Offline
Heisman

I disagree. We can both struggle and aspire to not play the Elons and Towsons of the world at the same time. I mean I hope we win and all but I hope long term we are evaluating who others perceive as our peers.

Maybe this didn't belong in the game thread.

10-28-2019 05:57 PM
Sitting bull Offline
All American

I Root For: W&M
Elon and Towson are CAA members so why is this an issue?

Come basketball season, I'm always happy they are in the league. Plus, they are close by.

I remember how upset everyone was when the So Con brought in App State back in the 70s, W&M included. Things have a tendency to work out.
(This post was last modified: 10-28-2019 06:40 PM by Sitting bull.)
10-28-2019 06:39 PM
Tribe32 Offline
All American

I Root For: Tribe
zablenoise, please don't take this the wrong way, but.........almost no fans in major college sports know who we are at all, let alone who are peers may be. Most people think we are either a private school or an all girls college. Our only national notoriety is that we've not made it to the NCAA tournament in basketball.

We can puff our chests out, but we've got nothing that warrants anything differetn except for swimming, men's gymnastics, cross country, perhaps baseball, and maybe field hockey. Our glory in football, men's and women's soccer are in the rear view mirror. We know the story about men's hoops.
10-28-2019 06:40 PM
zablenoise Offline
Heisman

(10-28-2019 06:40 PM)Tribe32 Wrote:  zablenoise, please don't take this the wrong way, but.........almost no fans in major college sports know who we are at all, let alone who are peers may be. Most people think we are either a private school or an all girls college. Our only national notoriety is that we've not made it to the NCAA tournament in basketball.

We can puff our chests out, but we've got nothing that warrants anything differetn except for swimming, men's gymnastics, cross country, perhaps baseball, and maybe field hockey. Our glory in football, men's and women's soccer are in the rear view mirror. We know the story about men's hoops.

Oh no I totally agree with you. But partnering with Elon and Towson only perpetuates that. We actually have a brand to trade on outside of athletics and I just wish we could parlay into a place in the national athletics landscape that matters.

10-28-2019 06:51 PM
Tribeheart Online
Heisman

Back to the football game this weekend. We are their homecoming. Better take care of the ball and we need to start blitzing often and get in Cheek's space or the drought will continue. Can't count on the five turnovers they gifted to New Hampshire in a loss.

Effort in comebacks that fall short are empty results at this stage. Start fast and finish strong. Time to start seeing consistency on both sides of the ball, control field position, and the staff can't give away opportunities when they arise. Team desperately needs a W.

Go Tribe!
(This post was last modified: 10-28-2019 07:15 PM by Tribeheart.)
10-28-2019 07:13 PM
Advertisement

tribefbfan Offline
Special Teams

I will be bold and predict a 34-17 victory by the Tribe.
10-28-2019 07:57 PM
zablenoise Offline
Heisman

Absolutely no change on the two deep. Burdick is the "player to watch" now instead of Everson. So speculate on that as you will.

10-29-2019 08:56 AM
SoCal Frank Offline
Jersey Retired
Jersey Retired

I Root For: Wm and Mary
(10-28-2019 07:57 PM)tribefbfan Wrote:  I will be bold and predict a 34-17 victory by the Tribe.

I like that thought. Let’s get some road kill on their HC.
10-29-2019 11:55 AM
bubbadog57 Offline
1st String

Mike called Mathis "a guy who will be as good as anyone in the conference" on London's post-game interview that can be seen on our web pages.

His natural ability and potential is tremendous...let's hope he breaks through with an allround game at Elon.
10-29-2019 01:45 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.