Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

UC Team Stats
Bookmark and Share
rath v2.0 Online
Wartime Consigliere

I Root For: Civil Disobedience

Donators
UC Team Stats
NCAA.com statistical rankings as of yesterday (130 FBS teams)

Some interesting tidbits but nothing earth shattering that we didn't already suspect.

Offense:

Total Offense: 87th
Passing Offense: 85th
Rushing Offense: 60th
3rd Down Conversion: 79th
Passing Efficiency: 41st
Completion Percentage: 72nd
Sacks Allowed: 89th
Tackles For Loss Allowed: 69th
Red Zone Offense: 124th
Offensive Plays +20 yards: 92nd

Defense:

Total Defense: 34th
Passing Defense: 47th
Rushing Defense: 51st
3rd Down Conversion Defense: 83rd
Passing Efficiency Defense: 9th
Sacks: 32nd
Tackles for Loss: 49th
Red Zone Defense: 18th

10-23-2019 03:01 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Romell Shorter Offline
Banned

I Root For: Bearcats
Big Grin RE: UC Team Stats
Passing Efficiency Defense: 9th

The Key. Is it mainly because of horrible opponent QB play?

10-23-2019 03:06 PM
robertfoshizzle Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Cincinnati
RE: UC Team Stats
Hate to sound like a broken record, but count me in the camp that is concerned about if our offense is good enough to beat Temple and Memphis at the end of the season. I feel good about going into the Temple game at 9-1 though.

10-23-2019 03:09 PM
dubcat14 Offline
1st String

My favorite: turnovers gained.

# Team G Fum Int Total
1 Cincinnati 7 8 11 19
2 Florida 8 6 12 18
- Ball St. 7 7 11 18
- South Fla. 7 10 8 18
- SJSU 7 5 13 18
6 Illinois 7 12 5 17
7 Fresno St. 6 8 8 16
- Miss St. 7 10 6 16
9 Clemson 7 5 10 15

10-23-2019 03:10 PM
Billy_Bearcat Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UC Bearcats
Donators
(10-23-2019 03:09 PM)robertfoshizzle Wrote:  Hate to sound like a broken record, but count me in the camp that is concerned about if our offense is good enough to beat Temple and Memphis at the end of the season. I feel good about going into the Temple game at 9-1 though.

Yessir. Those stats really show a team that has feasted on an inferior schedule. I don’t see any way they even keep the Memphis game that close. Memphis is built to score every drive and we’ll give them plenty of chances. We lucked out with missing the teams we missed this schedule.

10-23-2019 05:04 PM
BigDawg Offline
All American

Donators
(10-23-2019 05:04 PM)Billy_Bearcat Wrote:  
(10-23-2019 03:09 PM)robertfoshizzle Wrote:  Hate to sound like a broken record, but count me in the camp that is concerned about if our offense is good enough to beat Temple and Memphis at the end of the season. I feel good about going into the Temple game at 9-1 though.

Yessir. Those stats really show a team that has feasted on an inferior schedule. I don’t see any way they even keep the Memphis game that close. Memphis is built to score every drive and we’ll give them plenty of chances. We lucked out with missing the teams we missed this schedule.

Kind of like UCF was supposed to drop 50 on us. Those stats took a beating due to O$U, but the defense is legit. The offense definitely needs to find another gear. We have faced the 22nd toughest schedule in football, so I don't see how you say they have feasted on cupcakes.

10-23-2019 08:36 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Bearcatbdub Offline
Heisman

I Root For: The 'Cats! duh!
(10-23-2019 08:36 PM)BigDawg Wrote:  

Kind of like UCF was supposed to drop 50 on us. Those stats took a beating due to O$U, but the defense is legit. The offense definitely needs to find another gear. We have faced the 22nd toughest schedule in football, so I don't see how you say they have feasted on cupcakes.
Sarcasm?

10-23-2019 08:39 PM
Billy_Bearcat Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UC Bearcats
Donators
(10-23-2019 08:36 PM)BigDawg Wrote:  

That SOS is propped up by getting drubbed versus the #1 team on the SOS list. Besides UCF there isn’t a top 50 team in there.

10-23-2019 10:43 PM
Bcatbog Offline
1st String

I Root For: U of Cincy

Turnovers do not show directly in those stats. Turnovers are saving us.

10-24-2019 05:31 AM
rath v2.0 Online
Wartime Consigliere

Donators
So ten weeks into the season and 6 of the top 50 passing offenses in the nation are in the AAC (UCF, SMU, Memphis, Tulsa, Temple, ECU)

UC ranks 95th nationally in defensive passing yards allowed. Last night could become a recurring theme if something doesn't change on that side of the ball. Not sure if its scheme or personnel.

On the other side of the ball we are 94th in passing offense.

That is a really strange mixture for a team that is winning.

(This post was last modified: 11-03-2019 11:50 AM by rath v2.0.)
11-03-2019 11:45 AM
rath v2.0 Online
Wartime Consigliere

Donators
And with 12 more penalties yesterday we now have the dubious honor of overtaking Tulsa for #1 most penalized team in FBS football. #130.

11-03-2019 12:01 PM
Advertisement

SuperFlyBCat Offline
Banned

I Root For: America and UC
(11-03-2019 11:45 AM)rath v2.0 Wrote:  So ten weeks into the season and 6 of the top 50 passing offenses in the nation are in the AAC (UCF, SMU, Memphis, Tulsa, Temple, ECU)

UC ranks 95th nationally in defensive passing yards allowed. Last night could become a recurring theme if something doesn't change on that side of the ball. Not sure if its scheme or personnel.

Depends Rath. UC's DBs made 5-7 remarkable pass break ups on UCF deep balls, multiple routes. All of the throws were inside the 10 or near the goal line. We also got constant pressure on their QB and sacked him. We didn't get those critical break ups against ECU. And although we got pressure on their QB, even hit him, he was strong AF in the pocket and made crazy good throws.

11-03-2019 12:06 PM
Romell Shorter Offline
Banned

I Root For: Bearcats
Rath, if you are so into stats how did you come up with "zero point zero percentage" on Crosa's winning kick.

When your kids had a bad sports game, did just repeatedly bash them like you do UC athletes?

11-03-2019 12:10 PM
rath v2.0 Online
Wartime Consigliere

Donators
It was a joke for Billy. We are normally texting back and forth with Mark during games.

11-03-2019 12:11 PM
rath v2.0 Online
Wartime Consigliere

Donators
(11-03-2019 12:06 PM)SuperFlyBCat Wrote:  
(11-03-2019 11:45 AM)rath v2.0 Wrote:  So ten weeks into the season and 6 of the top 50 passing offenses in the nation are in the AAC (UCF, SMU, Memphis, Tulsa, Temple, ECU)

Depends Rath. UC's DBs made 5-7 remarkable pass break ups on UCF deep balls, multiple routes. All of the throws were inside the 10 or near the goal line. We also got constant pressure on their QB and sacked him. We didn't get those critical break ups against ECU. And although we got pressure on their QB, even hit him, he was strong AF in the pocket and made crazy good throws.

Last night wasn't a fluke. This defense gives up a lot of yardage and big plays in the air. It has pretty consistently and that national stat ranking backs it up. The high number of turnovers had been a huge part of that stat not being noticed as much.

11-03-2019 12:22 PM
SuperFlyBCat Offline
Banned

I Root For: America and UC
(11-03-2019 12:22 PM)rath v2.0 Wrote:  
(11-03-2019 12:06 PM)SuperFlyBCat Wrote:  

Last night wasn't a fluke. This defense gives up a lot of yardage and big plays in the air. It has pretty consistently and that national stat ranking backs it up. The high number of turnovers had been a huge part of that stat not being noticed as much.

On D the one to be concerned with is 3rd down conversions. Pass Efficiency Defense is really good #9. (will take a hit after last night).

• Opponents pass completion percentage

• Number of interceptions

• Interception percentage

• Opponents total yards passing

• Opponents yards per pass attempt

• Opponents touchdown passing percentage

11-03-2019 12:56 PM
Advertisement

rath v2.0 Online
Wartime Consigliere

Donators
Without opening it to look my suspicion is Red Zone Defense is ranked high. Teams move the ball up and down the field on this defense but it seems they have had to settle for field goals in the red zone pretty often or came away with nothing after turning the ball over deep in a drive..

(This post was last modified: 11-03-2019 01:04 PM by rath v2.0.)
11-03-2019 01:03 PM
Bearhawkeye Offline
The King of Breakfast

I Root For: Zinzinnati
(11-03-2019 01:03 PM)rath v2.0 Wrote:  Without opening it to look my suspicion is Red Zone Defense is ranked high. Teams move the ball up and down the field on this defense but it seems they have had to settle for field goals in the red zone pretty often or came away with nothing after turning the ball over deep in a drive..

Oh we've definitely been a bend but don't break defense for much of this season. Last night we did a lot of both bending and breaking, but once again we found a way to get it done in the end.

11-03-2019 01:10 PM
rath v2.0 Online
Wartime Consigliere

Donators
Just looked and we are 28th in passing efficiency defense and 32nd in red zone defense.

11-03-2019 01:11 PM
rath v2.0 Online
Wartime Consigliere

Donators
One crazy stat line last night...

Ridder 12-24, 161 yards, 1 TD 2 INT....QBR 89.7

Ahlers. 32-52, 535 yards, 4 TD 1 INT...QBR 86.4

QBR is like a calculus equation that nobody can really explain. Lol

11-03-2019 01:18 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.