Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

News Clinton mulling 2020 run, citing weak Dem field, claim of email vindication
CrimsonPhantom Offline
CUSA Curator

I Root For: NM State
Clinton mulling 2020 run, citing weak Dem field, claim of email vindication
[Image: hillary-no-buttons-reset-for-you-300x204.jpg]

Quote:Speculation is growing that Hillary Clinton will make a last-minute entry into the 2020 presidential race after reports published Tuesday said members of the Democratic establishment doubted any of the party’s current top candidates can beat President Trump next November.

But those Democrats already running said Clinton is doing more harm than good for the party by taking aim at Rep. Tulsi Gabbard, D-Hawaii, in recent remarks.

Clinton in recent weeks has privately stated she would enter the 2020 presidential race if she were certain she could win, The New York Times reported Tuesday. The story, titled “Anxious Democratic Establishment Asks, ‘Is There Anybody Else?’,” said about a half-dozen Democratic donors gathered in New York City questioned whether former front-runner Joe Biden could stand strong against Trump, citing Biden’s lackluster debate performance in Ohio last week.

They also raised concerns about Biden's fundraising struggles and his need to defend his family’s business dealings in Ukraine amid the ongoing Trump impeachment inquiry.

They also said Sens. Elizabeth Warren and Bernie Sanders were likely too liberal to win the general election.

Meanwhile, The Washington Post, citing unnamed sources, reported that Clinton was considering a 2020 rematch against Trump after the State Department concluded this week there was "no persuasive evidence of systemic, deliberate mishandling of classified information" regarding Clinton's use of a private email server while serving as secretary of state.

The same State Department report, however, found dozens of individuals were at fault for mishandling classified information and found hundreds of security violations during her 2009-2013 tenure.

Clinton, the first woman to win a major party presidential nomination – and the national popular vote leader with almost 3 million more votes than Trump – remains a popular figure in her party, even after enduring criticism for losing key Midwestern states in 2016. For Republicans, she's a perennial target — currently in the Mississippi governor's race, where Democratic nominee Jim Hood, a longtime attorney general, is being attacked for acknowledging he voted for her over Trump.

Clinton’s supporters within the Democratic establishment have also passed around an op-ed published earlier this month in the San Francisco Chronicle by former Mayor Willie Brown titled: “Who should run against Trump? How about Hillary Clinton?” The Washington Post reported.

Both the Post and the Times reported that Clinton was not the only possible last-minute candidate on Democrats’ minds. Also being considered were: former New York Mayor Michael Bloomberg, Disney chief executive Bob Iger, Sen. Sherrod Brown, D-Ohio, and former first lady Michelle Obama.

Link

3X Presidential Loser sounds good.
(This post was last modified: 10-23-2019 12:05 PM by CrimsonPhantom.)
10-23-2019 12:02 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

UofMstateU Offline
Legend

I Root For: Memphis
RE: Clinton mulling 2020 run, citing weak Dem field, claim of email vindication
Some of us have been saying this for weeks. The moment Joe Biden looks like he can no longer win is the moment she starts planning to jump in. The issue she has (as well as anyone else not in the race already) is that the deadline for filing for each state is approaching. The first state deadline is about a week away, and all states have to be filed by about 6 weeks from now.
10-23-2019 12:08 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Native Georgian Online
Legend

I Root For: TULANE+GA.STATE
(10-23-2019 12:08 PM)UofMstateU Wrote:  the deadline for filing for each state is approaching. The first state deadline is about a week away, and all states have to be filed by about 6 weeks from now.
???

Link?

I though the New Hampshire filing deadline is 15th November, and every other state later than that.
(This post was last modified: 10-23-2019 12:42 PM by Native Georgian.)
10-23-2019 12:41 PM
UofMstateU Offline
Legend

(10-23-2019 12:41 PM)Native Georgian Wrote:  
(10-23-2019 12:08 PM)UofMstateU Wrote:  the deadline for filing for each state is approaching. The first state deadline is about a week away, and all states have to be filed by about 6 weeks from now.
???

Link?

I though the New Hampshire filing deadline is 15th November, and every other state later than that.

It may be. One of the guys on tv went through many of them, and there was like a 6 week window once the first one hits. They were describing this while taking about Michelle making a run, and how it would have to be a scramble to get it done. I was thinking the first one was the first of November, but it may be the 15th. But its rapid-fire after that.
10-23-2019 01:13 PM
Kronke Offline
Banned

I Root For: Arsenal / StL
OMG YES
10-23-2019 01:15 PM
EverRespect Offline
Free Kaplony

I Root For: ODU
Muh Nate is about to blow a gasket.
10-23-2019 01:24 PM
Advertisement

Kronke Offline
Banned

I Root For: Arsenal / StL
(10-23-2019 01:24 PM)EverRespect Wrote:  Muh Nate is about to blow a gasket.

LOL, I can picture him picking up his computer and throwing it against the wall. All his models and work for the past year is about to be rendered moot.
10-23-2019 01:29 PM
UofMstateU Offline
Legend

(10-23-2019 01:29 PM)Kronke Wrote:  

LOL, I can picture him picking up his computer and throwing it against the wall. All his models and work for the past year is about to be rendered moot.

So it will be Nov 2016 all over again, just earlier. 03-lmfao
10-23-2019 01:35 PM
EverRespect Offline
Free Kaplony

I Root For: ODU
He has been having a complete meltdown on Twitter ever since Crooked Hillary found her way back in the news.

(This post was last modified: 10-23-2019 01:45 PM by EverRespect.)
10-23-2019 01:44 PM
rath v2.0 Online
Wartime Consigliere

I Root For: Civil Disobedience

Donators
(10-23-2019 01:13 PM)UofMstateU Wrote:  
???

Link?

It may be. One of the guys on tv went through many of them, and there was like a 6 week window once the first one hits. They were describing this while taking about Michelle making a run, and how it would have to be a scramble to get it done. I was thinking the first one was the first of November, but it may be the 15th. But its rapid-fire after that.

It would take the Clintons about 2 days to get all petitions signed verified and submitted with checks for every primary.

Time is not the issue for her. She’s probably quietly checking the temperature on if her big donors and bundlers will be willing to cut checks or if they suffer from Clinton Fatigue, too.

Keep an eye out to see if she ramps up her rantings after the silly Gabbard and Stein are Russian assets craziness.
10-23-2019 01:48 PM
Eldonabe Offline
No More Wire Hangars!

I Root For: All but Uconn
(10-23-2019 12:08 PM)UofMstateU Wrote:  Some of us have been saying this for weeks. The moment Joe Biden looks like he can no longer win is the moment she starts planning to jump in. The issue she has (as well as anyone else not in the race already) is that the deadline for filing for each state is approaching. The first state deadline is about a week away, and all states have to be filed by about 6 weeks from now.

You don't think that the DNC for each state won't find a way to get a "waiver" and allow her to file late......
10-23-2019 01:55 PM
Advertisement

UofMstateU Offline
Legend

(10-23-2019 01:48 PM)rath v2.0 Wrote:  
(10-23-2019 01:13 PM)UofMstateU Wrote:  
???

Link?

It would take the Clintons about 2 days to get all petitions signed verified and submitted with checks for every primary.

Time is not the issue for her. She’s probably quietly checking the temperature on if her big donors and bundlers will be willing to cut checks or if they suffer from Clinton Fatigue, too.

Keep an eye out to see if she ramps up her rantings after the silly Gabbard and Stein are Russian assets craziness.

The Tulsi thing felt like she was floating a trial balloon to show the people with the money that she was still relevant and could do it. Cause, without the money people, she aint cutting no checks.
10-23-2019 01:56 PM
rath v2.0 Online
Wartime Consigliere

I Root For: Civil Disobedience

Donators
(10-23-2019 01:35 PM)UofMstateU Wrote:  
(10-23-2019 01:29 PM)Kronke Wrote:  

So it will be Nov 2016 all over again, just earlier. 03-lmfao

Nate’s special breed of partisan cheerleading packaged as statistical based impartial science.
10-23-2019 02:00 PM
UofMstateU Offline
Legend

(10-23-2019 01:55 PM)Eldonabe Wrote:  
(10-23-2019 12:08 PM)UofMstateU Wrote:  Some of us have been saying this for weeks. The moment Joe Biden looks like he can no longer win is the moment she starts planning to jump in. The issue she has (as well as anyone else not in the race already) is that the deadline for filing for each state is approaching. The first state deadline is about a week away, and all states have to be filed by about 6 weeks from now.

You don't think that the DNC for each state won't find a way to get a "waiver" and allow her to file late......

Yep, and she probably has much of the machine still in place to make that happen.
10-23-2019 02:05 PM
UofMstateU Offline
Legend

(10-23-2019 01:44 PM)EverRespect Wrote:  He has been having a complete meltdown on Twitter ever since Crooked Hillary found her way back in the news.

Here's the issue. The 30 year old idiots who live in their parents basement ( and who will likely NOT vote) LOVE this field.

The establishment and money brokers for the democrats realize that everyone in this field are going to get the butts handed to them by Trump. Because they are so far to the left, they are in danger of not even getting 100 electoral votes.

And, they are at the point where they either get someone in NOW, or they are stuck with the field of numbnuts they currently have. And of the current leaders of the field, Biden doesnt know where he's at half the time, and democrats on wall st arent going to vote for Warren.
10-23-2019 02:12 PM
DavidSt Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: ATU, P7
Or people will vote for a 3rd party again. Biden is close to the Clintons which is a negative against him. Have a candidate in and slam Biden for the failed trade blils that he voted on for Bill Clinton signed. That was why Sanders was a threat against Hillary for 2016. He was against the bills. Warren is against Hillary and Biden because they both were in favor of bailing out the banks. Warren wanted them to fail and the big boys in those banks should be in prison.
10-23-2019 04:01 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

No Bull Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UCF
(10-23-2019 12:02 PM)CrimsonPhantom Wrote:  [Image: hillary-no-buttons-reset-for-you-300x204.jpg]

Quote:Speculation is growing that Hillary Clinton will make a last-minute entry into the 2020 presidential race after reports published Tuesday said members of the Democratic establishment doubted any of the party’s current top candidates can beat President Trump next November.

But those Democrats already running said Clinton is doing more harm than good for the party by taking aim at Rep. Tulsi Gabbard, D-Hawaii, in recent remarks.

Clinton in recent weeks has privately stated she would enter the 2020 presidential race if she were certain she could win, The New York Times reported Tuesday. The story, titled “Anxious Democratic Establishment Asks, ‘Is There Anybody Else?’,” said about a half-dozen Democratic donors gathered in New York City questioned whether former front-runner Joe Biden could stand strong against Trump, citing Biden’s lackluster debate performance in Ohio last week.

They also raised concerns about Biden's fundraising struggles and his need to defend his family’s business dealings in Ukraine amid the ongoing Trump impeachment inquiry.

They also said Sens. Elizabeth Warren and Bernie Sanders were likely too liberal to win the general election.

Meanwhile, The Washington Post, citing unnamed sources, reported that Clinton was considering a 2020 rematch against Trump after the State Department concluded this week there was "no persuasive evidence of systemic, deliberate mishandling of classified information" regarding Clinton's use of a private email server while serving as secretary of state.

The same State Department report, however, found dozens of individuals were at fault for mishandling classified information and found hundreds of security violations during her 2009-2013 tenure.

Clinton, the first woman to win a major party presidential nomination – and the national popular vote leader with almost 3 million more votes than Trump – remains a popular figure in her party, even after enduring criticism for losing key Midwestern states in 2016. For Republicans, she's a perennial target — currently in the Mississippi governor's race, where Democratic nominee Jim Hood, a longtime attorney general, is being attacked for acknowledging he voted for her over Trump.

Clinton’s supporters within the Democratic establishment have also passed around an op-ed published earlier this month in the San Francisco Chronicle by former Mayor Willie Brown titled: “Who should run against Trump? How about Hillary Clinton?” The Washington Post reported.

Both the Post and the Times reported that Clinton was not the only possible last-minute candidate on Democrats’ minds. Also being considered were: former New York Mayor Michael Bloomberg, Disney chief executive Bob Iger, Sen. Sherrod Brown, D-Ohio, and former first lady Michelle Obama.

Link

3X Presidential Loser sounds good.

Dear Lord sweet baby Jesus...let HRC run again!
10-23-2019 04:19 PM
Native Georgian Online
Legend

I Root For: TULANE+GA.STATE
(10-23-2019 02:12 PM)UofMstateU Wrote:  The establishment and money brokers for the democrats realize that everyone in this field are going to get the butts handed to them by Trump. Because they are so far to the left, they are in danger of not even getting 100 electoral votes.
Hmmm.

California • 55
New York • 29
Massachusetts • 11
Maryland • 10
Hawaii • 4
Vermont • 3
District of Columbia • 3
Total • 115

And that’s just where Trump lost by 20 points or more. Plenty of other Blue States (Illinois, Washington, New Jersey, etc.)
10-23-2019 04:59 PM
UofMstateU Offline
Legend

(10-23-2019 04:59 PM)Native Georgian Wrote:  
(10-23-2019 02:12 PM)UofMstateU Wrote:  The establishment and money brokers for the democrats realize that everyone in this field are going to get the butts handed to them by Trump. Because they are so far to the left, they are in danger of not even getting 100 electoral votes.
Hmmm.

California • 55
New York • 29
Massachusetts • 11
Maryland • 10
Hawaii • 4
Vermont • 3
District of Columbia • 3
Total • 115

And that’s just where Trump lost by 20 points or more. Plenty of other Blue States (Illinois, Washington, New Jersey, etc.)

California EV will go to the popular vote winner this time. As does a few other blue states.
10-23-2019 05:05 PM
Niner National Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Charlotte 49ers
(10-23-2019 04:59 PM)Native Georgian Wrote:  
Hmmm.

California • 55
New York • 29
Massachusetts • 11
Maryland • 10
Hawaii • 4
Vermont • 3
District of Columbia • 3
Total • 115

Yeah even with a garbage candidate dems will get 150+
10-23-2019 05:15 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.