Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Why DO they so hate Trump?
bullet Offline
Legend

I Root For: Texas, UK, UGA
https://amgreatness.com/2019/10/20/why-d...te-him-so/

"...Again, why the unadulterated hatred? For the small number of NeverTrumpers, of course, Trump’s crudity in speech and crassness in manner nullify his accomplishments: the unattractive messenger has fouled an otherwise tolerable message.

While they recognize in the abstract that the randy JFK, the repugnant LBJ, and the horny Bill Clinton during their White House tenures were far grosser in conduct than has been Donald Trump, they either assume presidential ethics should have evolved or they were not always around to know of past bad behavior first hand, or believe Trump’s crude language is worse than prior presidents’ crude behavior in office...."

"...The Left detests Trump for a lot of reasons besides winning the 2016 election and aborting the progressive project. But mostly they hate his guts because he is trying and often succeeding to restore a conservative America at a time when his opponents thought that the mere idea was not just impossible but unhinged.

And that is absolutely unforgivable."

I think he gets it on the left. Ultimately, President Trump exploded their world view that their policies were inevitably ascendant.

On the Never-Trumpers, I think they just want attention.
10-21-2019 11:21 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

AdoptedMonarch Online
Heisman

I Root For: Old Dominion
RE: Why DO they so hate Trump?
(10-21-2019 11:21 AM)bullet Wrote:  On the Never-Trumpers, I think they just want attention.

As a reformed NeverTrumper - - I will near certainly be voting for him in 2010 - - let me suggest that the concerns go well beyond a need for attention.

At least some take actual pride in our nation, and are not willing to displace that pride with admiration for his over-sized personality. We regularly pray that his communication style is only a function of laziness and a don't-give-a-crap attitude, and is not an indication of a mentally unstable man.

But even giving him the benefit of that doubt (which he gives to no one else), does it not bother you even a little bit that our president is less articulate than 95% of the posters on this forum?
(This post was last modified: 10-21-2019 11:37 AM by AdoptedMonarch.)
10-21-2019 11:36 AM
Jjoey52 Offline
All American

I Root For: ISU
Trump derailed the globalists plans to weaken the US through open borders and poor trade deals. They are for a one world government and Trump has ruined their plans. FOR NOW.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
10-21-2019 11:37 AM
bullet Offline
Legend

(10-21-2019 11:36 AM)AdoptedMonarch Wrote:  
(10-21-2019 11:21 AM)bullet Wrote:  On the Never-Trumpers, I think they just want attention.

As a reformed NeverTrumper - - I will near certainly be voting for him in 2010 - - let me suggest that the concerns go well beyond a need for attention.

At least some take actual pride in our nation, and are not willing to displace that pride with admiration for his over-sized personality. We regularly pray that his communication style is only a function of laziness and a don't-give-a-crap attitude, and is not an indication of a mentally unstable man.

But even giving him the benefit of that doubt (which he gives to no one else), does it not bother you even a little bit that our president is less articulate than 95% of the posters on this forum?

Do you think if he spoke like the Atlantic writes that people would follow what he was saying? He speaks effectively and with common sense.

So no. If KISS works for him, fine.

Never Trumpers in the media almost never criticize him for anything legitimate (and there are legitimate critiques). Instead they display their insane hatred and call him stupid or inept. Which, of course, flies in the face of reality. He managed a multi-billion dollar business and defeated the Democrats and massed media while being outspent nearly 3 to 1.

Its the Democrats who talk about hitting or beating him (Biden and Booker), about him dying (Harris) and who have gone beyond ANYBODY'S bounds of decency. President Trump has become the sane, rational, calm one in DC.
10-21-2019 11:52 AM
ericsrevenge76 Away
Jesus is coming soon

I Root For: The Kingdom
(10-21-2019 11:37 AM)Jjoey52 Wrote:  Trump derailed the globalists plans to weaken the US through open borders and poor trade deals. They are for a one world government and Trump has ruined their plans. FOR NOW.

This 04-cheers
10-21-2019 12:02 PM
AdoptedMonarch Online
Heisman

(10-21-2019 11:52 AM)bullet Wrote:  

Do you think if he spoke like the Atlantic writes that people would follow what he was saying? He speaks effectively and with common sense.

Never Trumpers in the media almost never criticize him for anything legitimate (and there are legitimate critiques). Instead they display their insane hatred and call him stupid or inept. Which, of course, flies in the face of reality. He managed a multi-billion dollar business and defeated the Democrats and massed media while being outspent nearly 3 to 1.

Its the Democrats who talk about hitting or beating him (Biden and Booker), about him dying (Harris) and who have gone beyond ANYBODY'S bounds of decency. President Trump has become the sane, rational, calm one in DC.

Your bold printed sentence is undoubtedly true. That more than justifies someone casting a vote for President Trump's reelection in 2020, even if we detest him personally.

But that should not be viewed as an excuse for his own behavior. He is our president. We are allowed to expect more from him than the constantly lower and lower and lower level of public discourse that he's been dishing out. That the Democrats are worse - - and they are - - is not a justification for behavior unbecoming of the office that he holds.
10-21-2019 12:43 PM
Advertisement

usmbacker Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Beer
Trump actually wants to make America better instead of wanting to destroy it.
10-21-2019 12:50 PM
bullet Offline
Legend

(10-21-2019 12:43 PM)AdoptedMonarch Wrote:  
(10-21-2019 11:52 AM)bullet Wrote:  

Your bold printed sentence is undoubtedly true. That more than justifies someone casting a vote for President Trump's reelection in 2020, even if we detest him personally.

But that should not be viewed as an excuse for his own behavior. He is our president. We are allowed to expect more from him than the constantly lower and lower and lower level of public discourse that he's been dishing out. That the Democrats are worse - - and they are - - is not a justification for behavior unbecoming of the office that he holds.

President Trump's behavior is just fine. His choice of language (and choice of not remaining silent) could be much improved.

He's not sleeping with a Marilyn or a white house aide or threatening to start WWIII like JFK. He's not doing a young intern under the desk. He's not pulling off clothes to show reporters his scars or throwing soldiers into a war he has decided not to win like LBJ. He's not spying on opposition political campaigns like Obama. He's not covering up a crime like Nixon.
10-21-2019 01:00 PM
ODUsmitty Offline
Heisman

(10-21-2019 12:50 PM)usmbacker Wrote:  Trump actually wants to make America better instead of wanting to destroy it.

Replace the bolded "better" with "stronger", and you have the core of the hysteria. Self-reliance, energy independence, manufacturing jobs, gun ownership, etc...….all of this is opposed to the globalist vision (While guilt, apology tours, global consensus) for this country.
10-21-2019 01:02 PM
TTT Offline
#SMTTT

I Root For: USM & G5
Why do people hate Trump? Easy question. It's called being indoctrinated by MSM/Hollywood/pop-culture.
10-21-2019 01:17 PM
bullet Offline
Legend

https://thefederalist.com/2019/10/21/why...ald-trump/
A related article-Why does DC compulsively lie about President Trump?

"...I think this desperate need to maintain the regulative fiction in Washington is the whole ballgame for understanding what is going on with the Trump administration. For a very long time before Trump, the “regulative fiction” was getting very, very discordant with reality. Certainly, the WMD issue and poorly planned wars in the Bush administration soured even conservative voters. And then the Obama administration happened and things got a million times worse, because while the media are as invested in maintaining the regulative fiction generally, they are very interested in it as a partisan and specifically ideological matter.

So the Obama presidency was brazenly lying about killing the insurance policies of millions of Americans, sleepwalking through the rise of ISIS, and sending pallets of cash to the world’s leading state sponsor of terror, among other things. Voters who wanted answers were instead force-fed endless variations of that silly Obama in sunglasses “I got this” meme even when it was abundantly obvious Obama didn’t have “this” under control. Eventually, you even had Ben Rhodes, Obama’s foreign policy wunderkind, bragging in The New York Times about how easy it was to get media to spin their disastrous foreign policy....

This heightening of dueling contradictions becomes more obvious when Trump’s opponents accuse him of violating “norms” or even explicitly use government power against him. Whether it’s federal judges issuing dubious national injunctions against his immigration policy or holding impeachment proceedings that don’t follow basic precedents, Trump’s opponents often only end up exposing how creaky and, frankly, dangerous the machinery of government has become.

Leaning Into the Chaos
The results speak for themselves: In the process of purporting to show that Trump is a mentally unstable bad man, we spent two years learning that James Comey and the senior leadership of the FBI were corrupt, lying to us in significant ways, had terrible judgment, and committed crimes. By contrast, Trump’s foibles, for better and for worse, were already priced in with his voters and Trump at least has some measure of democratic accountability. It was far less obvious what was going on at the FBI, and to have long-simmering deep state concerns confirmed so dramatically means Trump voters are leaning into the chaos to see what else gets dragged into the light....

Think about every big presidential scandal in the last two decades between impeachment and now. In terms of actual consequences and alleged crimes, this simply doesn’t rate very high, and any prominent voice would have been drummed out of the national political commentariat if he called for impeachment regarding many greater transgressions of other recent presidents...."
10-21-2019 03:43 PM
Advertisement

shere khan Offline
Southerner

I Root For: Tulane
Because they are indoctrinated marxists globalist cucks
10-21-2019 04:11 PM
B_Hawk06 Offline

I Root For: UNCW / America
The left hates that their policies fail them. However, they've also been indoctrinated by their predecessors and even themselves to never assume responsibility for anything (i.e. Hillary Clinton). Insert Donald Trump and a rising conservative/populist wave. Therein lies why they hate him... because they can assign all blame for their own failures to popularly govern the "underlings" they love to disrespect and steal from.

Globally, the save conservative/populists wave hit a lot of other nations. It's not just Americans that are tired of the liberal poop disguised as a cupcake. All over the world, people are starting to realize that yeah, he may not be eloquent but that pales in comparison to being subjected to more liberalism.
10-21-2019 04:50 PM
Ohio Poly Offline
1st String

I Root For: Ohio Poly
Why do they so hate Hillary? Trump hate pales in comparison.
10-21-2019 06:22 PM
Jjoey52 Offline
All American

I Root For: ISU
(10-21-2019 06:22 PM)Ohio Poly Wrote:  Why do they so hate Hillary? Trump hate pales in comparison.

Because she has absolutely no people skills, has terrible policies, blames others for her mistakes, has a raunchy personality, and is just basically a useless skank.

(This post was last modified: 10-21-2019 07:58 PM by Jjoey52.)
10-21-2019 07:43 PM
CrimsonPhantom Offline
CUSA Curator

I Root For: NM State
Here's a starter pack to get you trending to the left.

[Image: 46r1s2c6pxt31.jpg]
10-21-2019 08:26 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

stinkfist Offline
nuts zongo's in the house

I Root For: Mustard Buzzards
(10-21-2019 07:43 PM)Jjoey52 Wrote:  
(10-21-2019 06:22 PM)Ohio Poly Wrote:  Why do they so hate Hillary? Trump hate pales in comparison.

Because she has absolutely no people skills, has terrible policies, blames others for her mistakes, has a raunchy personality, and is just basically a useless skank.

that summed it up 'nicely'....
10-21-2019 08:52 PM
VA49er Offline
Legend

I Root For: Charlotte

lol, what? Not even close. Not by a million miles
10-22-2019 07:39 AM
olliebaba Offline
Legend

I Root For: Christ

We've had two, close to three years of nothing but charges against Trump and nothing has materialized. Perhaps it's because he hasn't committed any. But we do know that Killery is as corrupt as the worst Latin American politician, she just hasn't been investigated...yet. Who knows maybe the Republicans don't care anymore about her and are more interested in running the government contrary to the Commies adamantly forgetting about governing and more into the impeachment crap/lies.
10-22-2019 07:58 PM
AdoptedMonarch Online
Heisman

Our president, yet again out there winning hearts and minds:

Quote:"The Never Trumper Republicans ... are in certain ways worse and more dangerous for our Country than the Do Nothing Democrats," Trump tweeted. "Watch out for them, they are human scum!"

https://thehill.com/homenews/administrat...human-scum
(This post was last modified: 10-23-2019 02:06 PM by AdoptedMonarch.)
10-23-2019 02:05 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.