Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

NY6 Bowl in UC's control
Bookmark and Share
Ragpicker Offline
All American

I Root For: Black & Gold
Donators
NY6 Bowl in UC's control
Stayed up late cheering for BYU to knock Boise out of the unbeatens. Cougars delivered just like a knock on the door.

Bearcats win out - NY6 bowl will be the reward. UC controls its own destiny. Obviously lots of football left, but the path is now clear.

10-21-2019 07:20 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

OKIcat Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Cincinnati
RE: NY6 Bowl in UC's control
(10-21-2019 07:20 AM)Ragpicker Wrote:  Stayed up late cheering for BYU to knock Boise out of the unbeatens. Cougars delivered just like a knock on the door.

Bearcats win out - NY6 bowl will be the reward. UC controls its own destiny. Obviously lots of football left, but the path is now clear.

Agreed. It won't be easy. But SMU has a tough road too and I feel they will sustain a loss or two. I'll feel better if BSU drops one more game. And let's hope we don't have to worry about Appalachian State spoiling the party.

If not UC, it better be an AAC team. The conference can use the money and the visibility.

10-21-2019 07:24 AM
Ragpicker Offline
All American

I Root For: Black & Gold
Donators
(10-21-2019 07:24 AM)OKIcat Wrote:  
(10-21-2019 07:20 AM)Ragpicker Wrote:  Stayed up late cheering for BYU to knock Boise out of the unbeatens. Cougars delivered just like a knock on the door.

Agreed. It won't be easy. But SMU has a tough road too and I feel they will sustain a loss or two. I'll feel better if BSU drops one more game. And let's hope we don't have to worry about Appalachian State spoiling the party.

If not UC, it better be an AAC team. The conference can use the money and the visibility.

If SMU goes undefeated in regular season, they will face the Bearcats in the AAC Championship game. Winner goes to NY6.

Boise is done. They lost to a 2-4 team who just lost to USF. UC lost to the #3 team in the country.

10-21-2019 07:27 AM
dsquare Offline
All American

I Root For: Cincy
It's interesting where Uc ranks now among Osu's victims. Not sure computer wise, but i guess only Msu held them to less points. Interesting to be in the group of looking at a loss as less of a beating. LOL

10-21-2019 07:50 AM
Def Berkkat Offline
1st String

I Root For: UC
It wouldn't be AS big a deal if we had some decent bowls to fall back on if we slip up.

As it is, if we don't win out we're looking at missing the Cotton Bowl and ending up the Birmingham Bowl.

It's literally an all or nothing situation.

10-21-2019 07:52 AM
DownOnRohs Offline
Heisman

If we somehow get a NY6 bowl invite, I hope this offense is light years better than it is right now or we'll get embarrassed on the big stage.

10-21-2019 07:55 AM
Advertisement

UCGrad1992 Offline
Legend

I Root For: Bearcats U
(10-21-2019 07:27 AM)Ragpicker Wrote:  
(10-21-2019 07:24 AM)OKIcat Wrote:  

If SMU goes undefeated in regular season, they will face the Bearcats in the AAC Championship game. Winner goes to NY6.

Boise is done. They lost to a 2-4 team who just lost to USF. UC lost to the #3 team in the country.

I still believe Boyzee will lose one more before the season ends. If the fork ain't in 'em all the way right now that will definitely do it. It hurt them this season to play a below average FSU OOC and no one else in the MWC is ranked. I don't feel sorry for them because their loss is our gain.

10-21-2019 08:15 AM
OKIcat Offline
Heisman

(10-21-2019 07:52 AM)Def Berkkat Wrote:  It wouldn't be AS big a deal if we had some decent bowls to fall back on if we slip up.

As it is, if we don't win out we're looking at missing the Cotton Bowl and ending up the Birmingham Bowl.

A distant second to the money issue in the list of shortcomings of the American are the bowl affiliations. So you are correct about the precipitous fall from the Cotton Bowl.

The bowl predictions I read online are generally pretty uninformed opinions once you get past the playoff and P5. But it is noteworthy that the "experts" have us playing G5 opponents in obscure bowls most weeks in their forecasts. I did see a Liberty Bowl prediction in one yesterday, although I'm guessing that would be a trade out from another conference. Still, if not the Cotton, I would love a return visit to Memphis for the Liberty against a P5 opponent.

10-21-2019 08:18 AM
Jchuges7 Offline
1st String

I Root For: UC, Reds, FCC
(10-21-2019 07:52 AM)Def Berkkat Wrote:  It wouldn't be AS big a deal if we had some decent bowls to fall back on if we slip up.

In the latest ESPN.com bowl projections one of their prognosticators has UC going to the Liberty Bowl against Oklahoma State. The stock is certainly up on the AAC this year and some of these other bowl games could come calling to fill spots with solid teams. If the Bearcats don't make the Cotton Bowl for whatever reason, something like this could be a welcome alternative.

10-21-2019 08:19 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
dsquare Offline
All American

An all or nothing is pure joy compared to being 2 and 5 heading into November. LOL

10-21-2019 08:21 AM
UCGrad1992 Offline
Legend

I Root For: Bearcats U
My gut feeling at this juncture, I think all of our remaining games are "should be" wins outside of the road game at Memphis. The one game that is a potential trouble spot before Memphis is the road game at USF. That game is sandwiched between UGone and Temple at home. We have to be ready to get punched in the mouth because USF will come out ready to play. They always seem to give us fits and Wisconsin we are not. Again, you can't ask for more than controlling our own destiny for the NY6 slot and that's where we happily find ourselves. Just win. One at a time.

Keep an eye on that UCF @ Temple game this Saturday night. Early line has UCF 8 point favorites.

10-21-2019 09:31 AM
Advertisement

robertfoshizzle Offline
Heisman

(10-21-2019 09:31 AM)UCGrad1992 Wrote:  My gut feeling at this juncture, I think all of our remaining games are "should be" wins outside of the road game at Memphis. The one game that is a potential trouble spot before Memphis is the road game at USF. That game is sandwiched between UGone and Temple at home. We have to be ready to get punched in the mouth because USF will come out ready to play. They always seem to give us fits and Wisconsin we are not. Again, you can't ask for more than controlling our own destiny for the NY6 slot and that's where we happily find ourselves. Just win. One at a time.

Keep an eye on that UCF @ Temple game this Saturday night. Early line has UCF 8 point favorites.

If Temple loses, they are toast in the conference race. Then we'll essentially have a 2-game lead in the east since we hold the tie-breaker over UCF.

10-21-2019 09:33 AM
dubcat14 Offline
1st String

Couple of things.. it'll be interesting to see what the committee does with an undefeated App State compared to undefeated SMU, and 1 loss Cincy. It's a stretch to say we control our own destiny because App State is still lurking. Should be noted, the committee releases their first polls on 11/5 and App State plays their last big test in South Carolina on 11/9.

Also wouldn't be the worst thing to root for 2 SEC schools to make the playoff too. The Athletic projections last week had UCF (and that school is interchangeable) taking the SEC spot in the Belk Bowl because there weren't enough eligible SEC schools to fill all of their spots. Current projections have 2 SEC schools in the playoffs, 1 in the SEC NY6 spot and another (Georgia) as an at-large NY6. So 4 SEC schools plucked before you even get to their other bowl games.

AAC could hopefully be looking at a NY6 spot and the other as a fill in for another conference. Would be brutal to see App State go undefeated with a cakewalk schedule, and a 12-1 UC get left to a toilet bowl against LA-Monroe.

(This post was last modified: 10-21-2019 09:48 AM by dubcat14.)
10-21-2019 09:48 AM
Cataclysmo Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Cincinnat
Undefeated App State won't get in over 12-1 UC

10-21-2019 10:22 AM
BearcatMan Offline
Kicking Connoisseur/Occasional Man Crush

(10-21-2019 10:22 AM)Cataclysmo Wrote:  Undefeated App State won't get in over 12-1 UC

I'd wait and see how South Carolina continues to do before saying that...weirder things have definitely happened.

10-21-2019 11:14 AM
CliftonAve Online
Heisman

I Root For: Jimmy Nippert
(10-21-2019 11:14 AM)BearcatMan Wrote:  
(10-21-2019 10:22 AM)Cataclysmo Wrote:  Undefeated App State won't get in over 12-1 UC

I'd wait and see how South Carolina continues to do before saying that...weirder things have definitely happened.

Hey with as bad as the Pac12 is this year, UCLA might actually pick up a few more wins. They are currently 2-5 (2-2) and sitting 3rd in South Division of their conference.

10-21-2019 12:03 PM
Advertisement

dsquare Offline
All American

This pick from the Espn guy this week would at least bring back some great memories:

AutoZone Liberty Bowl
Liberty Bowl Memorial Stadium, Memphis, Tennessee
Dec. 31, 3:45 p.m., ESPN
Bonagura: Cincinnati vs. Oklahoma State
Schlabach: Kansas State vs. San Diego State

10-21-2019 05:04 PM
doss2 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: BEARCATS
I expect SC to hold serve at SC over ASU.

10-21-2019 05:36 PM
doss2 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: BEARCATS
(10-21-2019 05:04 PM)dsquare Wrote:  This pick from the Espn guy this week would at least bring back some great memories:

AutoZone Liberty Bowl
Liberty Bowl Memorial Stadium, Memphis, Tennessee
Dec. 31, 3:45 p.m., ESPN
Bonagura: Cincinnati vs. Oklahoma State
Schlabach: Kansas State vs. San Diego State

What a great NY Eve Day that was. Great weather. 50 yard seats. Vandy fans chanting SEC until we whopped them and we chanted "SEC SUCKS"

I will go to:

Cotton
Birmingham
Belk
Liberty
Military

And no others as they SUCK.

Going to Cotton would add another of the big five. Been to Orange, Sugar, Rose (not bowl) and hope Cotton leaving only Fiesta of the Big Five Trophy Bowls!

10-21-2019 05:44 PM
Cataclysmo Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Cincinnat
Okay so, assuming App State does beat USC, checkout the remainder of the Gamecocks schedule...they still have clemson to end the year and Texas A&M. At best, they'd finish 6-6. At best. Even with a hard schedule, is App State really gonna rest their entire season on a 6-6 team?

10-21-2019 10:54 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.