Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Game 7: JMU
Bookmark and Share
Tribeheart Offline
Heisman

I Root For: William & Mary
Game 7: JMU
Setting up for a nice trap game for JMU. Tribe with week off to get healthy and extra prep for the game. If JMU wins NOVA hype game this week, it will be difficult for their staff/players to come back against us at the same level, especially with their Towson game following us. Appears their fan base think NOVA and Towson are the only hurdles they have left.
Glad the athletic dept executed ticket sales only to Tribe alum, except for the normal visitor's allotment. Homecoming crowd should give a strong boost to the team. Need to get the program back to relevance and respect. Go Tribe!!
10-07-2019 02:04 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

hktribefan Offline
1st String

RE: Game 7: JMU
I'm excited for this game. It will be tough, probably harder than the Villanova game. JMU I think is a much better team than Villanova (though Stony Brook taking them to OT this week is interesting). Thinking about this season big picture, we're at that point where we have four losses now and so if playoffs were to happen we'd have to win out. Certainly a statistical improbability, but a win against one of the top teams in the nation at home in front of a huge crowd could be a huge boost for the last half of the season. We're definitely seeing improvement each week, but need to lock up some of the silly mistakes and misses.
10-08-2019 12:07 AM
Tribe32 Offline
All American

I Root For: Tribe
We'll find out if Villanova or JMU is better on Saturday. That game should tell us something. We should be able to score on JMU.
10-08-2019 06:15 AM
Sitting bull Offline
All American

I Root For: W&M
If JMU loses to Villanova, our chances of pulling off a win at HC drop significantly.
10-08-2019 06:24 AM
Tribe3455 Offline
Special Teams

If number 3 for Nova is out against JMU then I think JMU wins easy. With him Nova stands a good chance.
10-08-2019 07:29 AM
Tribe32 Offline
All American

I Root For: Tribe
(10-08-2019 07:29 AM)Tribe3455 Wrote:  If number 3 for Nova is out against JMU then I think JMU wins easy. With him Nova stands a good chance.
I don't know.....the other backs killed us from what I watched. Didn't see a big drop off in talent, but that's just one game.
10-08-2019 08:18 AM
Advertisement

Tribe3455 Offline
Special Teams

(10-08-2019 08:18 AM)Tribe32 Wrote:  
(10-08-2019 07:29 AM)Tribe3455 Wrote:  If number 3 for Nova is out against JMU then I think JMU wins easy. With him Nova stands a good chance.
I don't know.....the other backs killed us from what I watched. Didn't see a big drop off in talent, but that's just one game.

I wouldn't base a lot on our game. Nobody on here seems to quite understand how depleted our defense was/is. 3 is an NFL prospect at RB. The other backs are decent.
10-08-2019 10:17 AM
HyperDuke Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: JMU
(10-07-2019 02:04 PM)Tribeheart Wrote:  Setting up for a nice trap game for JMU. Tribe with week off to get healthy and extra prep for the game. If JMU wins NOVA hype game this week, it will be difficult for their staff/players to come back against us at the same level, especially with their Towson game following us. Appears their fan base think NOVA and Towson are the only hurdles they have left.
Glad the athletic dept executed ticket sales only to Tribe alum, except for the normal visitor's allotment. Homecoming crowd should give a strong boost to the team. Need to get the program back to relevance and respect. Go Tribe!!

You can definitely buy tickets for 10/19 without a W&M degree.
10-08-2019 12:39 PM
hktribefan Offline
1st String

(10-08-2019 12:39 PM)HyperDuke Wrote:  
(10-07-2019 02:04 PM)Tribeheart Wrote:  Setting up for a nice trap game for JMU. Tribe with week off to get healthy and extra prep for the game. If JMU wins NOVA hype game this week, it will be difficult for their staff/players to come back against us at the same level, especially with their Towson game following us. Appears their fan base think NOVA and Towson are the only hurdles they have left.

You can definitely buy tickets for 10/19 without a W&M degree.

It started off that they held tickets to buy through the homecoming registration page, but in the last couple of weeks it was opened up to all I believe.
10-08-2019 09:15 PM
LeadBolt Offline
All American

I'm not going to be able to attend as I'm leaving tomorrow to go out West and won't be back until after game day, so with all do respect I'd like to say:

GO TRIBE! BEAT THE BARNIES!
(This post was last modified: 10-08-2019 09:49 PM by LeadBolt.)
10-08-2019 09:41 PM
Sitting bull Offline
All American

Tickets for this game were closed until about late August.

The west side is nearly sold out. The only section with a large number of tix left is 117 - which is generally for visitors. JMU in past used to gobble those up pretty fast, not so true anymore.
10-09-2019 08:44 AM
Advertisement

SoCal Frank Offline
Jersey Retired
Jersey Retired

I Root For: Wm and Mary
(10-08-2019 06:24 AM)Sitting bull Wrote:  If JMU loses to Villanova, our chances of pulling off a win at HC drop significantly.

Who is HC? The Hampton Crabbers? Harrisonburg Central? I’ve got to know!!
10-09-2019 11:16 AM
wml33t Online
1st String

I Root For: William and Mar
(10-09-2019 11:16 AM)SoCal Frank Wrote:  
(10-08-2019 06:24 AM)Sitting bull Wrote:  If JMU loses to Villanova, our chances of pulling off a win at HC drop significantly.

Homecoming
10-09-2019 11:30 AM
SoCal Frank Offline
Jersey Retired
Jersey Retired

I Root For: Wm and Mary
(10-09-2019 11:30 AM)wml33t Wrote:  
(10-09-2019 11:16 AM)SoCal Frank Wrote:  

Homecoming

Thank you 33. Chemo brain strikes again. Am battling metastatic disease. I’ll be ok.
10-09-2019 12:05 PM
HyperDuke Offline
Hall of Famer

(10-09-2019 08:44 AM)Sitting bull Wrote:  Tickets for this game were closed until about late August.

The west side is nearly sold out. The only section with a large number of tix left is 117 - which is generally for visitors. JMU in past used to gobble those up pretty fast, not so true anymore.

Whatever tricks to keep out fans are certainly up to your AD to decide. Knock yourself out, I say. Just don't go full Richmond & cut your stadium capacity by 60% to do it!
10-09-2019 06:22 PM
HyperDuke Offline
Hall of Famer

(10-08-2019 09:41 PM)LeadBolt Wrote:  I'm not going to be able to attend as I'm leaving tomorrow to go out West and won't be back until after game day, so with all do respect I'd like to say:

GO TRIBE! BEAT THE BARNIES!

Awww yeah. Love this.
10-09-2019 06:23 PM
Advertisement

Sitting bull Offline
All American

(10-09-2019 06:22 PM)HyperDuke Wrote:  
(10-09-2019 08:44 AM)Sitting bull Wrote:  Tickets for this game were closed until about late August.

Whatever tricks to keep out fans are certainly up to your AD to decide. Knock yourself out, I say. Just don't go full Richmond & cut your stadium capacity by 60% to do it!

I guess tricks but you could help by not admitting every Tom, Dick and Harriet so your fan base doesn't expand so fast. It's annoying.
10-10-2019 02:20 PM
2017WithPep Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: William & Mary and JMU
I feel like we have a very well-placed bye week, which makes me feel like we should at least see a very good performance on the 19th.
10-10-2019 04:25 PM
Rocco Offline
All American

I Root For: William and Mar
W&M's record off a bye has been really bad the last few years, in part because they've played really good teams expected to beat them after the bye. This year sees a continuation of that trend. Perhaps the coaching change will alter the trend. London probably won't use the extra week to work on his golf game- a win here gets him right back in the hunt for any MAC jobs that might open up at the end of the season.
10-11-2019 04:51 AM
Tribe4SF Offline
1st String

(10-11-2019 04:51 AM)Rocco Wrote:  W&M's record off a bye has been really bad the last few years, in part because they've played really good teams expected to beat them after the bye. This year sees a continuation of that trend. Perhaps the coaching change will alter the trend. London probably won't use the extra week to work on his golf game- a win here gets him right back in the hunt for any MAC jobs that might open up at the end of the season.

Do you have ANY friends?01-wingedeagle
10-11-2019 05:08 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.