I love the series.
09-14-2019 08:31 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

TroyFootball05 Online
1987 Man of the Year

I Root For: Good Times
RE: Great game, my friends.,
(09-14-2019 08:31 PM)EagleX Wrote:  I love the series.

It was an enjoyable game despite the outcome. With the exception of the opening scores, our teams looked virtually identical. Great passing offenses with lousy defenses. We both have some shoring up to do if we want to be a part of a conference championship.
09-14-2019 11:39 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Eagletats Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: Southern Miss
We had a great time at the game, nice stadium, beer, very friendly crowd, beer, never quit teams, beer, overall grade the trip an A!
SMTTT!
09-16-2019 04:53 PM
Michael in Raleigh Offline
All American

I Root For: App State
I looked at Southern Miss's previous schedules from this decade and furture schedules over the next several years. Southern Miss sure likes to play Sun Belt teams, with at least one game per year for 10+ years (ULM, South Ally, Texas State, Louisiana, Troy, App State).

How aboutchall come on over and move in with us at the Sun Belt. We'll treat ya real nice!
09-16-2019 05:21 PM
Advertisement

debragga Offline
1st String

I Root For: ULM
(09-16-2019 05:21 PM)Michael in Raleigh Wrote:  I looked at Southern Miss's previous schedules from this decade and furture schedules over the next several years. Southern Miss sure likes to play Sun Belt teams, with at least one game per year for 10+ years (ULM, South Ally, Texas State, Louisiana, Troy, App State).

How aboutchall come on over and move in with us at the Sun Belt. We'll treat ya real nice!

But then they’d have to cancel those great non-conference games, and they’d probably end up scheduling *shudders* CUSA instead
09-16-2019 06:13 PM
Oldyeller Offline
All American

I Root For: Ga Southern
(09-16-2019 05:21 PM)Michael in Raleigh Wrote:  I looked at Southern Miss's previous schedules from this decade and furture schedules over the next several years. Southern Miss sure likes to play Sun Belt teams, with at least one game per year for 10+ years (ULM, South Ally, Texas State, Louisiana, Troy, App State).

I'll take that bait there friend.

We got nough Suthn Missihhippi grads over hea in Gawga to make you feel right at home. Give a holler to our friends over in Wes Virgini when ya'll come. We'll treat dim nice too.04-cheers
09-16-2019 06:13 PM
CardinalBlackTrojan Offline

I Root For: TROY
The Sun Belt + USM and Marshall would immediately compete with the AAC for G5 dominance. I like our 10-team setup currently and the money each of us pulls in, but I would make room for those two to make it 12.

All of the old-guard 1AA powers back together again.
09-16-2019 10:13 PM
Advertisement

slycat Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Texas State
I enjoyed the series against USM. Great fans.
09-17-2019 08:24 AM
Noodles Offline
All American

I Root For: Southern Miss
USM and Marshall in the Belt would be fine with me. Develop some real rivalries. I think attendance would get a real boost after a couple seasons.
09-19-2019 12:23 AM

(09-19-2019 12:23 AM)Noodles Wrote:  USM and Marshall in the Belt would be fine with me. Develop some real rivalries. I think attendance would get a real boost after a couple seasons.

It certainly would. USM has been our 3rd largest crowd for an OOC G5 game with 27K.

USM had 28K when we visited in 2016, and that was in a torrential rainfall.

New Orleans Bowl in 2008 brought in 30K between both sides.

Between Marshall and App State, they would probably have sellout crowds every time they played each other. Louisiana, Troy, USA, and USM would have pretty substantial crowds among each other too.
09-19-2019 09:59 AM
Advertisement

trueeagle98 Offline
1st String

I Root For: GS Eagles
(09-19-2019 09:59 AM)CardinalBlackTrojan Wrote:  
(09-19-2019 12:23 AM)Noodles Wrote:  USM and Marshall in the Belt would be fine with me. Develop some real rivalries. I think attendance would get a real boost after a couple seasons.

It certainly would. USM has been our 3rd largest crowd for an OOC G5 game with 27K.

USM had 28K when we visited in 2016, and that was in a torrential rainfall.

New Orleans Bowl in 2008 brought in 30K between both sides.

Between Marshall and App State, they would probably have sellout crowds every time they played each other. Louisiana, Troy, USA, and USM would have pretty substantial crowds among each other too.

Any time a realignment thread is started, those are my 2 picks to take. No need to swap, but if you wanted to keep just 10 the likely candidates would be TxSt and GSU. That is not a dig, but just the only 2 that may be even remotely interested in moving to CUSA. I'd like both to stay because they have huge potential and GSU is another rival.
They little we lose splitting the Playoff payout would more than be made up for by attendance.
09-19-2019 01:17 PM
ballantyneapp Online
All American

I Root For: App
(09-16-2019 10:13 PM)CardinalBlackTrojan Wrote:  The Sun Belt + USM and Marshall would immediately compete with the AAC for G5 dominance. I like our 10-team setup currently and the money each of us pulls in, but I would make room for those two to make it 12.

All of the old-guard 1AA powers back together again.

I dunno if you heard but Marsha is rebranding into a basketball school.
(This post was last modified: 09-19-2019 01:43 PM by ballantyneapp.)
09-19-2019 01:38 PM

(09-19-2019 01:17 PM)trueeagle98 Wrote:  Any time a realignment thread is started, those are my 2 picks to take. No need to swap, but if you wanted to keep just 10 the likely candidates would be TxSt and GSU. That is not a dig, but just the only 2 that may be even remotely interested in moving to CUSA. I'd like both to stay because they have huge potential and GSU is another rival.
The little we lose splitting the Playoff payout would more than be made up for by attendance.

Attendance would rise, the conference ranking would likely be neck and neck with the AAC (which would lead to higher payouts), and a higher chance of the winner of the SBC getting a NY6 Bowl nod.

With that, I'm certainly not sad the Sun Belt doesn't have them... we're doing well with our 10... and obviously they'd rather be in the AAC, but adding them would be a nice addition, and they'd probably like the travel better.

NEW SUN BELT CONFERENCE
[Image: Firefox-Screenshot-2019-09-19-T19-18-10-645-Z.png]

CURRENT CONFERENCE USA
[Image: CUSA-Map.png?w=650&ssl=1]
(This post was last modified: 09-19-2019 03:03 PM by CardinalBlackTrojan.)
09-19-2019 02:11 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.